Super NES

Looking back, I think the SNES is my favorite console of all-time. Mine is still in great condition, and I still play it now and then when I'm visiting my parents. I think that I'll pack it up and take it back to my place the next time that I'm in town.

A few of my games have gone missing over the years, but I still have the essentials - Super Mario World, Super Metroid (possibly my favorite game of all time), and a few others. I'd like to track down the classics that I've never owned as well - Super Castlevania, A Link To the Past, etc.

Thoughts? Favorite games on the console? Etc?

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up my SNES from my parents' place last weekend and had a Super Mario All-Stars binge during the week. A few of my games are missing though, including Final Fight and Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

I'm afraid to see how much I'll have to pay on eBay or Amazon to replace those if they don't turn up.

Donkey kong Country 1 & 2 ( 3 is good but there is something about the atmosphere that makes it a bit creepy in my opinion ), Uniracers ( awesome and very unique ), Super Mario All Stars...

I remember when my parents allowed me to buy a copy of Donkey Kong Country 2 on release. Man....That was such an epic day.

• Like 1

Donkey kong Country 1 & 2 ( 3 is good but there is something about the atmosphere that makes it a bit creepy in my opinion ), Uniracers ( awesome and very unique ), Super Mario All Stars...

I remember when my parents allowed me to buy a copy of Donkey Kong Country 2 on release. Man....That was such an epic day.

I have DKC2.

There's so many classic games for that system that I never owned....A Link To the Past, Super Castlevania, DKC1, etc. I really do plan on picking up a lot of those SNES classics one day when I have some extra cash.

That said, I do have Super Metroid, and that may be my favorite game of all-time.

Edited by The Real McCoy

Secret of Mana

I fucking loved that game.

SNES is my fave console of all time too, golden memories of getting really stoned and playing:

Super Mario All Stars

Mario Kart

Super Star Wars ( first game I got) and the later ones

Legend Of Zelda

Turtles In Time

Street Fighter II Turbo

Mortal Kombat and MK II

Zombies Ate My Neighbours ( fucking awesome) and the sequel

Sim City

Syndicate

Cannon Fodder

Smash TV

Terminator 2 (though it probably sucked)

Super Metroid

Starfox

I remember an all day session of SIM CITY where me and my mate would take turns with the city, smoking weed and in retrospect me insisting Sabbath and Ozzy be on the stereo- I say this because my mate took the time and resource to spell out OZZY SUCKS in buildings :rofl-lol:

Anyone like The Lost Vikings? :wub:

Yeah, that game was mad!

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1

Lost Vikings 1 + 2. Great games.

Challenging but rewarding once you finally found how to finish a complicated level.

For those who love old games, I'd download "RomStation".

It's a french platform that is very similar to Steam. It has most emulators already installed and you download games through a store-like interface directly in Romstation, without having to search for the roms on the internet and place them in a folder manually.

• 3 months later...