Did Mr. Brownstone Vocals inspire

Brownstone has a lil bit of that errrrr to it.

Especially live. The more Axl sings it live, the more he adds a drawl to it. I've heard bootlegs where he almost makes whole phrases into one word lol. "Thatolmanhesarealmothafuckagonnakickemondowntheline-e-ine-e-ine"

First, "yarling" sucks. I've never heard it called that, but it sucks.

Second, Brownstone has nothing even resembling "yarling" in it.

Third, most of Axl's rasp on Illusions has something vaguely similar to "yarling" but it's just the side effect of singing that way and it's completely acceptable and awesome.

Eddie and the like outright sing in a stupid peanut butter and marbles voice on purpose and it's disgusting.

Has Axl or anyone else in the band ever been asked about the pause between "A waste of my ... time". The song swears anyway, and we all know how he performs it live, so I've always wondered why they decided to do the studio version that way.

Maybe because a pause sometimes sounds better (more dreadful) than actual curses.

I bet Layne was vocally inspired by Axl.

It was originaly Alice n' Chains.

Also, I think Eddie sounds legit doing it. It's really suited to his voice.... it's all the post-grunge people who came after and aped it / exaggerated it that sucked... in my opinion :D. I love on Portlandia anytime they cut to a scene in Seattle they signal it by some faint "yarling" in the background.

Edited by Ant