Did Axl Ever Commented About Slash's Book or Myles Kennedy?

Yes, he did read Slash's book. He cited the book in his 2008 chats by calling it "horseshit". He also cited the book when he was talking to those SA guys about Slash passing out and pissing his pants.

Regarding Myles, I don't think he has ever said anything about him.

He said that the part where he (Axl) refuses to go out and play unless they sign the band over was a lie.

He said Slash had a lot of holes in his memory bc of the drugs and alcohol.

Idk go back and read the Axl chats. I swear he answered 99% of the questions we still ask to this day. Some believe his account and some don't

The best part is when he just makes a huge post answering some of the questions he saw and goes into great detail about everything! Probably the most informative writing we've ever heard on the break up. And how things went down in Axl's eyes. The summary is Axl felt it was survival for him bc everyone turned against him.

• Like 4

"Then you have the mind twisting equally as true horseshit in Slashs book but I have the rehearsal tapes. Theres nothing but Slash based blues rock and he stopped it to both go solo and try to completely take over Guns. I read all this if Axl wouldve put words and melodies on it couldve That was denied and I didnt walk till several months after having 3 to 4 hour phone conversations nearly every day with Slash trying to reach a compromise. I was specifically told no lyrics, no melodies, no changes to anything and to sing what I was told or fuck off."

In regard to people saying Axl's musical direction broke up the band.

• Like 1

Yes, he did read Slash's book. He cited the book in his 2008 chats by calling it "horseshit". He also cited the book when he was talking to those SA guys about Slash passing out and pissing his pants.Regarding Myles, I don't think he has ever said anything about him.

The pants pissing storytelling was the sanest and funniest Axl has seemed in forever. Fuck, I'd pay top dollar for a DVD with an hour of that kind of candour.

Idk go back and read the Axl chats. I swear he answered 99% of the questions we still ask to this day.

Exactly. People should read that stuff more often. We wouldn't have half the useless topics we do.

True. But we'd also have a dead forum.

On another note did Myles ever comment on Axl ?

Well... he's in no position to do so to be honest.

Any bad comments towards Axl would destroy his image of the "2010's perfect rock singer".

That's just my opinion, but badmouthing Axl would be a very dumb move from him. I mean, he's also famous for singing Axl's song on a regular basis as well as "filling" for him during the RnR HOF fiasco. (by fiasco, I meant that it was not GnR)

Idk go back and read the Axl chats. I swear he answered 99% of the questions we still ask to this day.

Exactly. People should read that stuff more often. We wouldn't have half the useless topics we do.

Except that many of us consider 99% of what comes out of Axl's mouth complete horseshit.

Yes, Axl read Slash's book, or at least the parts that mentioned Axl.. Axl thought the book was out ta get him. Axl thinks everyone is out ta get him except Beta and Del James. That's all you really need to know.

• Like 3

Except that many of us consider 99% of what comes out of Axl's mouth complete horseshit.

Yes, Axl read Slash's book, or at least the parts that mentioned Axl.. Axl thought the book was out ta get him. Axl thinks everyone is out ta get him except Beta and Del James. That's all you really need to know.

Yes, despite Slash and Canter both saying that Axl is incredibly honest and Canter admitting that Slash lies to make himself look cool, a lot of people here have chosen to disregard everything Axl has said and preach Slash's words as gospel. How did that work out?
  • Like 3

Yes, despite Slash and Canter both saying that Axl is incredibly honest and Canter admitting that Slash lies to make himself look cool, a lot of people here have chosen to disregard everything Axl has said and preach Slash's words as gospel. How did that work out?

You know damn well I think they're all full of shit in their own ways.

Besides, Axl's whole "honest" thing is presented with the caveat that he's honest about what he, often deludedly, thinks is the truth, regardless of what the actual truth is.

• Like 3

You know damn well I think they're all full of shit in their own ways.Besides, Axl's whole "honest" thing is presented with the caveat that he's honest about what he, often deludedly, thinks is the truth, regardless of what the actual truth is.
Where did this "often deludedly" come from?

Marc has never used "deluded" to my knowledge. That's mine. But he's said again and again, and so has Slash, that Axl sees the world and his life in black and white terms that, often, no one else sees them in. I'm gonna go ahead and crank that up to delusion. :lol:

• Like 1

The truth is a lie you believe.

For a narcissist delusions come with the territory. Rock n roll is kind of a fantasy world too.

So it's like a delusion, wrapped in a fantasy, inside of a lie. Even they don't really know what's going on.

Marc has never used "deluded" to my knowledge. That's mine. But he's said again and again, and so has Slash, that Axl sees the world and his life in black and white terms that, often, no one else sees them in. I'm gonna go ahead and crank that up to delusion. :lol:

Works for me.

And did he ever talk about Myles?

Don't think he ever talked about Myles and vice versa. And if Myles would talk about him I think he'd only say good things about him like 'Great Frontman' or stuff like that.

the only thing I ever heard him say was how great it was for him to get to sing GnR songs and how he hopes he doesnt fuck them up, so by GnR songs, I guess he's referring to Axl since he's GnR now....lmao

You know damn well I think they're all full of shit in their own ways.

Besides, Axl's whole "honest" thing is presented with the caveat that he's honest about what he, often deludedly, thinks is the truth, regardless of what the actual truth is.

This is a good point, we know Axl plays it extremely straight, it's just that he adheres to this pristine policy believing it being honest must make it acceptable and noble and often the direction has been adjusted to suit his own terms and conditions of what he considers worthwhile to pursue in the dazzling armour of seeming a free spirit and the last man standing at half past noon in the wild west wilderness town.

Axl is very honest. The problem is that his mind interprets events in a completely unrealistic way.

So, Axl ends up being honest and earnest in stating things which aren't true.

Axl didn't drive izzy away. Axl was never late. Axl always showed up to concerts. Axl never wanted to do the UYI tour. Axl didn't force the godawful dogshit Paul Tobulias on slash and duff. Etc etc

• Like 2