Robin VS. Slash

pockets

Robin vs. Slash  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Amazing how Robin Finck managed to get a fanbase of really weird people.

How is that amazing? I would think that being really weird would be a requirement to be a fan.

Well, in NIN forums people like him and that's it. They know he's a hired guy to play Trent's music and still like/love him for what he is. So yeah, seeing how his fans (for his time in Axl's band) are, it is kinda amazing.

What's the difference though? Gn'R fans that love Robin love him for what he is as a musician. We don't love him for what he isn't. Weird. :huh:

Amazing how Robin Finck managed to get a fanbase of really weird people.

How is that amazing? I would think that being really weird would be a requirement to be a fan.

Well, in NIN forums people like him and that's it. They know he's a hired guy to play Trent's music and still like/love him for what he is. So yeah, seeing how his fans (for his time in Axl's band) are, it is kinda amazing.

@Rovim: I skip your posts but I saw you were asking me something. If you want my attention, PM me.

You don't skip my posts. You just couldn't fart out a suitable reply from what you call your brain. And about the pm thing...don't hold your breath.

Edited by Rovim

rovim - I read robin's ultimate guitar interview - and robin didn't talk about TIL the way I thought robin would have - what I was looking for was robin to be asked and answer things like what his inspiration was in creating the til solo - what the recording process was like in the studio with axl rose or by himself recording the til solo. did the epic gnr music video trilogy of dc, nr, and e have any influence on the creation of the solo. did axl rose tell robin before robin created the solo that til was part 4 and the final part of the trilogy. and like what guitars did robin use to record til in the studio. how many takes did axl have robin use to record til in the studio. what was the names of the studios robin recorded til in. was slash an influence or motivator of til solo. does it bother robin that dj ashba does robin's til solo live. does robin want to return to gnr and perform the til solo himself. would trent give robin a solo spot and let robin perform the til solo live. this kind of stuff is what I was looking for with robin talking about til solo

Edited by pockets

Robin vs. Slash

Okay. Let's lay down the gauntlet and put it to the test

there's lots of mygnr posters. so let's see where everyone stands on this very controversial issue

and that is: who's better? Robin or Slash? who's better as both a gnr studio and a gnr live guitar player

let's do it and place your votes and the truth will be known with online gnr fans with robin vs. slash

Oh, Queenie.... Did you honestly not think that the majority of us would vote for Slash? Both live and in studio he kicks Robin's butt up and down the street. For one thing, he has way more well known music not because of commercialization, but because of raw talent. He is responsible for some of the most iconic rock songs in history. Also, his look is iconic. He is the cat in the hat and the guy everyone pretends to be when they air guitar. Robin has hardly done much of anything. Even in GN'R he barely contributed.

rovim - I read robin's ultimate guitar interview - and robin didn't talk about TIL the way I thought robin would have - what I was looking for was robin to be asked and answer things like what his inspiration was in creating the til solo - what the recording process was like in the studio with axl rose or by himself recording the til solo. did the epic gnr music video trilogy of dc, nr, and e have any influence on the creation of the solo. did axl rose tell robin before robin created the solo that til was part 4 and the final part of the trilogy. and like what guitars did robin use to record til in the studio. how many takes did axl have robin use to record til in the studio. what was the names of the studios robin recorded til in. was slash an influence or motivator of til solo. does it bother robin that dj ashba does robin's til solo live. does robin want to return to gnr and perform the til solo himself. would trent give robin a solo spot and let robin perform the til solo live. this kind of stuff is what I was looking for with robin talking about til solo

Can u say Robin some more? I forgot who u were talking about halfway through your post.

• Like 2

Just had a thought- do we know if robin came up with the til solo on his own or how much Axl was involved in creating the solo. Also bucket and robins twat solos. Was it all them or was Axl involved heavily in creating those pieces of music like he did when Brian May was laying down stuff. Like we know slash came up with the sweet child hook by fuking around and Axl heard it do we know anything about the Chinese solos? Just wondering if we have ever got any anecdotes from the musicians about that

Maybe you should interview him yourself then. And stop with the trolling. It's kinda boring.

I wouldn't know how to even get the opportunity to interview robin. i'm just a fan. i'm not a millionaire or billionaire with lots of industry connections in Los Angeles

Well...do you sport an epic beard at least? I've heard Robin feels more comfortable around people with epic beards. Also: brag about your trampoline size. Impress him. Good luck.

as a matter of fact, I am sporting a robin 2006 -2007 jesus beard and I gotta use my jesus shaving cream and godly razor and trim it this morning lol

but seriously, i'll look on google for some robin contacts and maybe I get lucky yay

And join the circus. Can't hurt.

fincktheworld.com might be a contact. on fincktheworld it says robin does do solos on catcher and says robin has gnr song writing credits other than better like catcher, Chinese song, prostitute, rhiad, shacklers, and sod and fincktheworld says robin does solos on going down as well

and slash can never be better better than robin and we all know better better

We all know better because Slash has proven time and time again how he puts Finck to shame. Plus, while Finck goes and parties in Brazil, Slash is hard at work making more kick ass music. :)