Robin VS. Slash

pockets

Robin vs. Slash  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Robin vs. Slash

Okay. Let's lay down the gauntlet and put it to the test

there's lots of mygnr posters. so let's see where everyone stands on this very controversial issue

and that is: who's better? Robin or Slash? who's better as both a gnr studio and a gnr live guitar player

let's do it and place your votes and the truth will be known with online gnr fans with robin vs. slash

One had, one songwriting credit to his name, the other had circa twenty songwriting credits. One had five studio albums, the other, one. One wrote, a handful of lead solos (even sharing duties on the one album he recorded with two other lead soloists), the other recorded around sixty guitar solos. I will leave it to you to decide which is which.

• Like 3

Obviously in "gnr" it's slash. Fink just doesn't have a body of work in gnr besides 1 album (that we've heard) fink had a chance to do some cool things and maybe be considered the next badass guns lead guitarist but we all know what happened.

You should change the topic to "overall guitar player" or some thing. I think there are a lot of fink fans here who like him solo and in nin so that would make it a little better poll

I think Slash's amazing talent speaks for itself. Especially his work in Guns.

Robin's Chinese work is great. Very promising, but we don't have enough to go by really. Robin wrote many songs for Axl. He talked about it more then once. Better is not the only thing he came up with. He brought his dat tapes and they've worked on it not long after he joined.

He's also working on his solo album, so maybe it's too early to judge. But if you put Robin against Slash? Slash is the better guitar player hands down, but Robin doesn't really do generic. Slash is mostly about riffs and solos. Not a good songwriter, and also Robin is more varied in his sound.

Meat and potatos it's not even close though. But they both have that one of a kind thing about them. Voted Slash.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

hey guys - this is a serious poll - I see so far slash is winning - but maybe there is lots of robin fans that will show up and vote robin as better gnr studio/gnr live guitar player than slash

guys - dj isn't an option because he hasn't done what robin's done so far as gnr studio guitar player

I really like rovim posts - rovim is my fave mygnr poster - and wasted is my second fav - wasted's Charlie sheen pic is winning

I can take the positive criticism on robin - it's just I never forgave slash for leaving gnr - and that alone put slash in a bad light for me

guys - I used to love slash - I thought slash was the best in rock from 87-93 - and that was when I had no clue who robin or nin was lol

but when I first saw robin at rock n rio with gothic makeup singing sosseggo leading into sweet child - I saw something special in robin

I saw potential in robin and I saw the future of gnr rock and rock in general in robin and that's why I made this poll

I think this is a serious head to head rock matchup between robin and slash - a legitimate one

all of robin's gnr live work from 2001 -2006 qualifies him to go up against slash - more than either ron or dj or bucket

I can't think of anybody else in rock to go up against slash than robin - no other guitar players since 2001 - 2014 come to mind

but if there is anybody who can give slash a run for his money in a poll or in a live guitar faceoff comp - I think it's robin

and I hope more robin fans come out and vote for robin so it's a really cool contest guys

tomfriend - the difference is robin's gnr studio work like Chinese cd - robin's gnr live work like his solo spot in new jersey 2007 - and the fact the majority still think slash is the man with world on fire

People know what to expect from Slash: it's all about the riffs and solos and cool melodies and licks. He doesn't have the attention span or interest to work 10 years on an album.

He doesn't fully let his bandmates express their vision but that's ok, cause the goal here is to create a platform for him to shine, his guitar playing, and there are moments on WOF that it does. So it's like...depends what you're looking for as a listener. Always at least 1 or 2 songs that are really cool in a Slash album for me, and WOF takes some interesting turns. Works for me, even though it's not as good as it could have been as it could have used a little more time to collect ideas and maybe hone them more. Lyrics are horrid for the most part btw.

Edited by Rovim