Robin VS. Slash

pockets

Robin vs. Slash  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Robin, but Slash's solos on Nightrain, SCOM, November Rain, Estranged, his riffs on PC, YCBM...

Slash all the way, but I love Better, I think Robin's TWAT solo is pretty damn good (though not godly like Bucket's solo on that track). SOD is a boring song for me almost all the way through so I can't really comment on that.

The one solo I've heard from Robin so far that is in the same league as something like Slash's final NR solo is his TIL solo. A thing of sheer beauty, and a tragedy that we have never heard it live and have had to listen to instead a neutered Ashbafied version instead :no:

• Like 1

I agree with amir - robin's til solo is in the same league with slash with NR - and robin's til is sheer beauty - robin's til solo is my fav rock solo of all time

and one can only dream of robin busting out the til solo one day live on stage - I know robin will play the til solo perfect live - and it'll be like something you never heard or seen before live

it'll be like the second coming of god - and we will all say a prayer - and praise jesus and praise robin

• Like 1

I voted for Slash

Robin sucks dick. No, that is not what I meant: he literally, sucks, dick.

actually he got his dick sucked. marilyn manson literally sucks dick.

My apologies. I am glad we have ascertained, who, did, the dick sucking.

Regarding Robin, I have no problems with the geezer really. He is simply another deluded soul who got sucked (sorry to carry on with that theme) into Axl's charade. I am glad he saw sense and got out.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Well it has always sounded better with two guitars but this is not Robin's fault. He left and was replaced by Bucket and rejoined (for reasons only known to his silly self) and was simply added on top with the sort of logic, only William Bailey possesses.

Makes sense to me:

"Originally it was gonna be a two-guitar player group. I split forever so I thought and went back to Nine Inch Nails. In my absence they were looking to replace me and Josh Freese, the drummer at the time, had brought Buckethead in to essentially fill the slot I had left. They really liked him but he's kind of a stunt guitar player. He does a very specific thing and he has a real genius sensibility about him. But he rarely plays the same thing twice ever and when you're trying to cruise through "Nightrain" that just makes it a little (laughs) too different. So they needed someone to anchor the songs. They kept Buckethead to do what Buckethead does and they needed someone else to play alongside."

• Like 1

hey guys - this is a serious poll

it's just I never forgave slash for leaving gnr - and that alone put slash in a bad light for me

finck6-

If this is a serious poll about who is the better guitarist, why Slash leaving Gn'R has any effect on what you think about him as a guitarist?

guys - I used to love slash - I thought slash was the best in rock from 87-93 - and that was when I had no clue who robin or nin was lol

but when I first saw robin at rock n rio with gothic makeup singing sosseggo leading into sweet child - I saw something special in robin

You know this isn't a race, right? You can perfectly love both of them or, in a normal way to put it, just like them both for their respective work.

but if there is anybody who can give slash a run for his money in a poll or in a live guitar faceoff comp - I think it's robin

Actually, it's definitely NOT Finck. Slash has 48 votes, Finck only 8. What kind of run for their money is that? :lol:

• Like 1

I think in terms of the CD album, Robin was crucial. Slash on the CD album wouldn't have worked.

But you can't really know that. Slash had perfect chemistry with Axl. Slash came up with some brilliant shit for songs he didn't even like according to Axl. (November Rain, Estranged)

Slash has no problem coming up with cool solos. I think it could have worked on at least a few tunes. Maybe not Shackler's for example, but This I Love? Street Of Dreams? I.R.S? There Was A Time? Catcher? why not? the style is not different enough for it to be a problem for Slash imo.

I think in terms of the CD album, Robin was crucial. Slash on the CD album wouldn't have worked.

But we're not discussing the terms of an album most people not care about.

If we were to apply the same for Finck, Slash was crucial for the albums that made Gn'R one of the best bands of all time. Would those albums worked with Finck's input? Hard to say.

But we're not discussing the terms of an album most people not care about.

If we were to apply the same for Finck, Slash was crucial for the albums that made Gn'R one of the best bands of all time. Would those albums worked with Finck's input? Hard to say.

Perhaps, but even if those albums worked with Robin, it would have been something else. Slash injected his personality, style, and voodoo magic to Appetite, Lies, and UYI.

He was unique. (still is imo) just like me. No one else could have given the material what Slash gave it with his guitar playing.

Edited by Rovim

But you can't really know that. Slash had perfect chemistry with Axl. Slash came up with some brilliant shit for songs he didn't even like according to Axl. (November Rain, Estranged)

Slash has no problem coming up with cool solos. I think it could have worked on at least a few tunes. Maybe not Shackler's for example, but This I Love? Street Of Dreams? I.R.S? There Was A Time? Catcher? why not? the style is not different enough for it to be a problem for Slash imo.

When you break it down completely, and consider all the different artists and styles Slash has incorporated his style to, it's pretty far-fetched to think Slash would not have been able to contribute in a positive manner to CD's creative process.

• Like 1