Robin VS. Slash

pockets

Robin vs. Slash  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can take the positive criticism on robin - it's just I never forgave slash for leaving gnr - and that alone put slash in a bad light for me

Hey, remember that time Robin Finck stopped taking Axl's phone calls right in the middle of the Best Buy deal (instead of just quitting like a normal person) and made it so that GnR couldn't find a replacement guitarist in time to promote the album release? Or the time he never communicated with the GnR fans again?

If Slash quitting was unforgivable, then Robin quitting AND totally fucking over Chinese Democracy must have made you furious.

Robin is a decent guitarist, but he needs someone like Axl or Reznor to be successful. And he's NEVER written a hit song. Slash is still a household name and he hasn't worked with a bigger name than his own since Michael Jackson in the early 90's. All his current success is his own.

Edited by Robert G Durant

I can take the positive criticism on robin - it's just I never forgave slash for leaving gnr - and that alone put slash in a bad light for me

Hey, remember that time Robin Finck stopped taking Axl's phone calls right in the middle of the Best Buy deal (instead of just quitting like a normal person) and made it so that GnR couldn't find a replacement guitarist in time to promote the album release? Or the time he never communicated with the GnR fans again?

If Slash quitting was unforgivable, then Robin quitting AND totally fucking over Chinese Democracy must have made you furious.

Robin is a decent guitarist, but he needs someone like Axl or Reznor to be successful. And he's NEVER written a hit song. Slash is still a household name and he hasn't worked with a bigger name than his own since Michael Jackson in the early 90's. All his current success is his own.

Yes...it was all Robin's fault. And fuck him for never writing a hit song. Fucker. So he gave 10 years for Axl with nothing to show for. What's the big deal? poor Axl Rose.

Yes...it was all Robin's fault. And fuck him for never writing a hit song. Fucker. So he gave 10 years for Axl with nothing to show for. What's the big deal? poor Axl Rose.

Never writing a popular song doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him a lot less successful than Slash.

Sitting around for a decade cashing GnR paychecks and then bailing when it was time to actually work was kind of a dick move. But just shutting off communication and leaving things in limbo instead of telling them he was out so they could hire a replacement and get on with the album promotion is just as big of shitty move as anything Axl ever did.

Axl fucked over the real GnR, Robin fucked over the new one.

Never writing a popular song doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him a lot less successful than Slash.

Sitting around for a decade cashing GnR paychecks and then bailing when it was time to actually work was kind of a dick move. But just shutting off communication and leaving things in limbo instead of telling them he was out so they could hire a replacement and get on with the album promotion is just as big of shitty move as anything Axl ever did.

Axl fucked over the real GnR, Robin fucked over the new one.

Interesting logic you got there buddy. First of all, you talk like you know exactly what happened between Axl, Robin, the Gn'R camp and all that shit at the time.

Second: Robin wanted to move forward and it dragged on for years like he said in a couple of interviews he gave. In 2006, I think Axl was sure Chinese was coming out, so Robin must have thought the same. How long should he waited? Robin saw a chance to do something productive with NIN, and he took it.

And even without that gig, you can't really complain about it. 10 years and he had enough. I guess he didn't see the point in staying. And it wasn't just him. Axl lost a lot of talent cause of his way of doing or not doing things.

Edited by Rovim

it's just I never forgave slash for leaving gnr - and that alone put slash in a bad light for me

Remind me again, my memory is fuzzy, but didn't Robin also walk out on Axl?

And Bucket. And Brain. And Josh. And now Bumble is a ?.

Edited by Rovim

it's just I never forgave slash for leaving gnr - and that alone put slash in a bad light for me

I haven't heard about Bumble's situation in a while, has there been any indication either direction?

I haven't heard about Bumble's situation in a while, has there been any indication either direction?

Not really. The Gn'R camp will not confirm if Bumble is still in the band. Bumble did not address it either. Just weird fuckin' interviews he gave where he talks about his job in Guns in the past tense and shit like that.

If all was well, I think he'd have no problem confirming he was still in Guns and the rumors were just bullshit. He knows we're not sure about his situation in Guns, and yet nothing. Maybe he can't talk about it. Nice way of dealing with it!

Edited by Rovim

Basically we are stuck at - no one In gnr land cares enough about it to confirm or even deny it

tomfriend - the difference is robin's gnr studio work like Chinese cd - robin's gnr live work like his solo spot in new jersey 2007 - and the fact the majority still think slash is the man with world on fire

slash is the only one that is known outside of mygnr and htgth; ask the average fan what robin wrote for GnR :shrugs:

tomfriend - the difference is robin's gnr studio work like Chinese cd - robin's gnr live work like his solo spot in new jersey 2007 - and the fact the majority still think slash is the man with world on fire

slash is the only one that is known outside of mygnr and htgth; ask the average fan what robin wrote for GnR :shrugs:

We know better.

Edited by Rovim

We know better.

Ask an average fan who duff Steven or izzy are and see what happens

hey guys - robin was not crucial to Chinese - robin is the lead guitarist of Chinese - robin created and recorded some of the greatest gnr solos and rock solos with Chinese democracy, better, twat, street of dreams, catcher, irs, Madagascar, and my fav This I Love. slash could never create or record better rock solos than these. and certainly on current slash there is nothing EPIC about world on fire with rock solos - and that's because slash isn't as imaginative and creative as robin is with rock solos

hey guys - robin was not crucial to Chinese - robin is the lead guitarist of Chinese - robin created and recorded some of the greatest gnr solos and rock solos with Chinese democracy, better, twat, street of dreams, catcher, irs, Madagascar, and my fav This I Love. slash could never create or record better rock solos than these. and certainly on current slash there is nothing EPIC about world on fire with rock solos - and that's because slash isn't as imaginative and creative as robin is with rock solos

Just a point, the solo robin did on catcher, not something I'd shout about , it's crap and the worst track on chinese . I'm not slash's biggest fan, but he's brilliant and a million times what robin will ever be . And your point on world on fire, I agree ..... It's rubbish

Just a point, the solo robin did on catcher, not something I'd shout about , it's crap and the worst track on chinese . I'm not slash's biggest fan, but he's brilliant and a million times what robin will ever be . And your point on world on fire, I agree ..... It's rubbish

That's not Robin. That's Bumble.

Lol

The TIL solo is excruciating sonic garbage, made worse by a complete garbage song overall.

Robin is a completely unremarkable guitarist. He was just lucky enough that reznor pulled him into NIN.

That's all there is to it.

Listen again to his Better solo or There Was A Time. Or the second half of his Street Of Dreams solo where it gets intense. That shit is great imo. Even his Chinese Democracy solo and I.R.S solo have that weird fucked up in a good way vibe about them.

And I don't know what you mean about his This I Love solo. It's melodic, and has a very distinct direction about it for the duration of the solo. His guitar wails and cries and it's one of the best solos on the album imo. Ton of emotion and badass tone.

Edited by Rovim

Amazing how Robin Finck managed to get a fanbase of really weird people.

How is that amazing? I would think that being really weird would be a requirement to be a fan.

Well, in NIN forums people like him and that's it. They know he's a hired guy to play Trent's music and still like/love him for what he is. So yeah, seeing how his fans (for his time in Axl's band) are, it is kinda amazing.

@Rovim: I skip your posts but I saw you were asking me something. If you want my attention, PM me.

Edited by ProstituteComa