Black Friday

Ace Nova

It's the first Black Friday that I haven't gone shopping in ages because I didn't feel well. Can't say I've ever had an awful experience. I also didn't miss it, but now I'm stressing that I'm already behind on checking things off my list. Trying to get most of it done online this year if I can.

It's the first Black Friday that I haven't gone shopping in ages because I didn't feel well. Can't say I've ever had an awful experience. I also didn't miss it, but now I'm stressing that I'm already behind on checking things off my list. Trying to get most of it done online this year if I can.

What kinda stuff do you go for?

What kinda stuff do you go for?

The bulk of the list this year is clothes, video games and power tools. No big ticket items other than a printer which I ordered on Amazon already and with free 2 day shipping will be sitting at the front door on Monday. Expecting good deals on Cyber Monday, so I'll wait until then to place some more orders.

Typical lazy Gen X kid. Today's Gen Y kid would have been grateful for the opportunity to work during the holidays.

I actually asked my employer if I could work both Thursday and Friday; they wouldn't let me. :(

If only your Boomer/Gen X parents had been as wise as you, we wouldn't be living in this atrocious society today.

Yes, because society is far off worse than what it was 100 years ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They have imported this in Spain and now a lot of stores do the Black Friday thing. It´s a good chance to buy stuff cheaper because if it wasn´t for the crisis those bastards wouldn´t offer any decent sales. Althought luckily, we don´t see situations like the one showed in the first post...yet :lol:

Typical lazy Gen X kid. Today's Gen Y kid would have been grateful for the opportunity to work during the holidays.

I actually asked my employer if I could work both Thursday and Friday; they wouldn't let me. :(

If only your Boomer/Gen X parents had been as wise as you, we wouldn't be living in this atrocious society today.

1494.jpg

• Like 1

1494.jpg

Over my head...I'm getting old. :shrugs:

The whole Black Friday epidemic is disgusting and humanity should be ashamed of themselves. Morons acting like assholes just to save a few dollars. It's pure idiocy and people who participate in the frenzy aspect of it by lining up and stampeding stores are douchebags in my opinion. People will spend hours upon hours waiting in line for this shit but people won't spend 5 minutes donating blood or helping in a soup kitchen for an hour or whatever. Black Friday madness is a black mark on humanity in my opinion.

Yknow some people who dont earn a lot look forward to that day so they can buy shit that they otherwise couldnt afford, more power to them, i mean everybody jumps on working class folkses back going on about how they dont live within their means...whilst at the same time looking down on them for taking full advantage of shit like this.

I don't think there's any criticism of low income earners getting some good deals on things they otherwise couldn't afford, we do after all live in a consumerist society where EVERYONE wants certain things, and those who can't afford the original price tag have no choice but to capitalise on sales, and there's nothing wrong with that......the human race has always wanted to own things ever since the beginning of civilisation. I see the issue being that most stores have huge sales at various times throughout the year, there's usually stocktake sales at the beginning of the year, 'End of Financial Year' sales mid year, sales prior to Christmas and god knows what else....but it just seems really sad that on a day that is supposed to be about showing gratitude towards one family and friends by spending time with them (it's not a holiday here in Oz but I interpret the point of it as a very non-materialistic/non consumerist celebration) the very people who should be rejoicing in that are the ones who don't.

It's one day for Christ's sake to forget about 'stuff'.

1494.jpg

Over my head...I'm getting old. :shrugs:

He was parodyising sir, taking the piss :) Edited by Lennie Godber

The whole Black Friday epidemic is disgusting and humanity should be ashamed of themselves. Morons acting like assholes just to save a few dollars. It's pure idiocy and people who participate in the frenzy aspect of it by lining up and stampeding stores are douchebags in my opinion. People will spend hours upon hours waiting in line for this shit but people won't spend 5 minutes donating blood or helping in a soup kitchen for an hour or whatever. Black Friday madness is a black mark on humanity in my opinion.

Yknow some people who dont earn a lot look forward to that day so they can buy shit that they otherwise couldnt afford, more power to them, i mean everybody jumps on working class folkses back going on about how they dont live within their means...whilst at the same time looking down on them for taking full advantage of shit like this.

If you think I'm criticizing low income earners for wanting to get a deal you really need to rethink what I said. I'm criticizing douchebag, mob mentality. The way assholes rush the stores and stampede their way in and fight each other over material shit. I have no respect for anyone who participates in that shit and if you try to justify it I don't have much respect for that either.

Edited by Bono

It is all cack as well, stupid shit that you do not need like Ipads, oversised televisions and Xboxes

Pfft.....over-sized tv's are nice....didn't realize how nice they were until I finally bought one.

The interesting thing is, 50"+ TV's are now selling for below $500....so TV's seem to be trending in that direction.

Times are tough I bet. I'm considering moving twenty miles away for a flat for $400 a month. I work two jobs and probably only make $1500 and one is seasonal.

But fuck it. I take a look around at where I'm at and there are people working at gas stations, Targets etc. who make less than I. I don't understand how anyone can expect the economy to get better when most get paid jack fucking shit.

Plus everyone is blowing money on college degrees which is laughable because I can ask my fucking phone the answer for every test I had in college.

Life is a joke and I'm trying to laugh along with it.

• Like 2