Slash: 'I Definitely Play Better If I Can Read The Audience Better'

KeyserSoze

^^^

It's not just a rumor. Axl ranted about it in one of his 2002 shows saying how Slash and Duff were like "no, ain't gonna work on those 2 songs fuck that."

Yeah, I love the outro as well.

Tip. Axl lies.

I don't know if he lies, or if he just rewrites history in his head. Both are as possible as what he said happened.

To be fair, we have no reason to believe it didn't happen the way Axl said it did in this case. November Rain and Estranged are not what Slash and Duff were typically into back then.

Well the songs are existing and they're including some greatfull work not only by Axl, so I have a reason to believe it didn't happen the way like Axl expressed it

But just because the songs exist, or Slash and Duff did a great job, doesn't mean they wanted to work on them when there were only Axl's ideas to build on. Is it so hard to believe that musicians like Slash and Duff that are influenced more profoundly by other bands that are not Elton and Queen will not be into some long ass piano ballads? we now believe even more.

Edited by Rovim

^^^

It's not just a rumor. Axl ranted about it in one of his 2002 shows saying how Slash and Duff were like "no, ain't gonna work on those 2 songs fuck that."

Tip. Axl lies.

I don't know if he lies, or if he just rewrites history in his head. Both are as possible as what he said happened.

To be fair, we have no reason to believe it didn't happen the way Axl said it did in this case. November Rain and Estranged are not what Slash and Duff were typically into back then.

Well the songs are existing and they're including some greatfull work not only by Axl, so I have a reason to believe it didn't happen the way like Axl expressed it

Using that logic SCOM shouldn't exist since Slash freely admitted that he was too cool for that. Wonder why it does?

^^^

Tip. Axl lies.

Using that logic SCOM shouldn't exist since Slash freely admitted that he was too cool for that. Wonder why it does?

Slash lied ;)

^^^

Tip. Axl lies.

Slash lied ;)

What else is new?

^^^

Tip. Axl lies.

Slash lied ;)

What else is new?

That was new to you?

^^^

Tip. Axl lies.

Slash lied ;)

What else is new?

That was new to you?

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.

^^^

Tip. Axl lies.

Slash lied ;)

What else is new?
That was new to you?

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.

Ah... really?

Axl got caught out lying the other day on this forum. He said Stradlin's guitar was turned down in 1993 because he was stoned (Izzy had been sober for two years). Axl lied about the Snakepit thing also. He said, Slash insisted on singing these lyrics however the lyrics were penned much later by Dover! There was actually no lyrics in place.

This.

Axl is a compulsive liar.

• Like 1

The whole story about Slash telling Axl that he had to do the songs as is with no changes is one of the funnier things Axl tries to have us believe.

Yeah, he should have just told the truth that the songs sucked too bad for him to even bother with trying to save. Most of the population would have agreed with him anyway.

The whole story about Slash telling Axl that he had to do the songs as is with no changes is one of the funnier things Axl tries to have us believe.

Yeah, he should have just told the truth that the songs sucked too bad for him to even bother with trying to save. Most of the population would have agreed with him anyway.

I don't even know whether the Snakepit songs are bad. I can't listen to an album with such an awful singer. Ruins the whole experience. I've probably heard about 2 songs off Snakepit and I don't remember either of them.

I don't even know whether the Snakepit songs are bad. I can't listen to an album with such an awful singer. Ruins the whole experience. I've probably heard about 2 songs off Snakepit and I don't remember either of them.

So you prefer Chinese over WOF. Interesting.

Myles isn't terrible. He just has no personality, to his voice or to himself.

Regardless, yes, CD is better than WOF. Not sure why that's interesting though.

Myles isn't terrible. He just has no personality, to his voice or to himself.

Regardless, yes, CD is better than WOF. Not sure why that's interesting though.

It's not. On second thought it's boring, you're right.

To be honest, I can't remember much of it myself. I remember it was such a load of horseshit when it launched that I decided never to waste my time with it again. I really don't see how my opinion could change when Slash was like a god to me at that time and I think I've quite subtly alluded to the fact that that is no longer the case in this day and age.

To be honest, I can't remember much of it myself. I remember it was such a load of horseshit when it launched that I decided never to waste my time with it again. I really don't see how my opinion could change when Slash was like a god to me at that time and I think I've quite subtly alluded to the fact that that is no longer the case in this day and age.

Yes. Totally. Quite subtly. You're a subtle kind of guy. Damn_Subtle.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Yes. Totally. Quite subtly. You're a subtle kind of guy. Damn_Subtle.

That's how I roll.
  • Like 1

'Just shut up and sing' was some great advice from Slash. Too bad Axl was only listening to the Beta, lawyers and vibe sniffers at the time.

'Just shut up and sing' was some great advice from Slash. Too bad Axl was only listening to the Beta, lawyers and vibe sniffers at the time.

But Axl got the last laugh with the brilliant, years in the making retort, "You know where to put your shut up and sing." :lol:

• Like 3

But Axl got the last laugh with the brilliant, years in the making retort, "You know where to put your shut up and sing." :lol:
Lol yeah... Still waiting for Axl to kick his ass like he said that he would.

Lol yeah... Still waiting for Axl to kick his ass like he said that he would.

:lol:

"I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" and "Truth is the truth hurts" are the dumbest lines I have heard in my life. Axl became a terrible joke with that song.