2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

Tough loss but I don't think the sky is falling by any means. I think Belichick uses this to his advantage after so many blowouts in a row, plus you almost never see a team steamroll everyone on their way to a Super Bowl. Lastly, if after the KC game you told me we'd finish 13-3 or 12-4 (what I think will happen at this point), I'd have been an incredibly happy camper.

We're on to San Diego.

edit: I'd be an asshole if I didn't give a tip of the hat to Green Bay and most importantly Rodgers. One hell of a game by him.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

edit: I'd be an asshole if I didn't give a tip of the hat to Green Bay and most importantly Rodgers. One hell of a game by him.

Great, now I look like the asshole :lol:

I'll give your team the greatest compliment I believe I can: I think our teams will meet again in 9 weeks. Of course, I'm also hoping for the same result.

Great, now I look like the asshole :lol:

I'll give your team the greatest compliment I believe I can: I think our teams will meet again in 9 weeks. Of course, I'm also hoping for the same result.

Nahh, you're good, bask in your win :lol:

Obviously I'd be hoping for a different result if that happens - which I think it very well could and if it does, it'll be a great game.

Exciting ending to the CFL's Grey Cup. Wanted Zach Collaros to win the game (though, Maalik Bomar on Calgary was nice, too), but couldn't pull it out in the second half. Brandon Banks returned a punt for a touchdown for Hamilton with 35 seconds left to give them the lead, but it was called back on a block in the back. Tough finish--thinking you won the championship in the final minute, to have it called back.

Edited by ronaldo9

the dolphins got a lot of help today. having all those afc north teams lose puts all teams at 7-5 and the chargers are at 8-4 but the chargers schedule is utterly brutal with games against new england, denver, 49ers and chiefs, so i think they will fade(plus dolphins hold tie breaker) dolphins just have to destroy the jets tomorrow night and beat baltimore next sunday, the patriots game will be tough but the dolphins finish at home with vikings and jets. i think 10-6 could get them in.

• Like 1

Exciting ending to the CFL's Grey Cup. Wanted Zach Collaros to win the game (though, Maalik Bomar on Calgary was nice, too), but couldn't pull it out in the second half. Brandon Banks returned a punt for a touchdown for Hamilton with 35 seconds left to give them the lead, but it was called back on a block in the back. Tough finish--thinking you won the championship in the final minute, to have it called back.

Not sure why every time someone talks about the CFL I get this image in my mind.....

FORD-CFL-660.png

:shrugs:

:P

j/k

I think.

If Aaron Rodgers threw 55 straight interceptions, he'd still have a higher career passer rating than the current second place player (Peyton Manning, and by like 2 points)

He also currently has a 4:1 CAREER touchdown to interception ratio (220:55), and has thrown 32 touchdowns to 3 interceptions this season. Also known as an almost 11:1 ratio :lol:

Edit: Just to note how impressive that is, nobody else is even at 3:1. Tom Brady is second at like 2.75:1

He hasn't thrown an interception at home in two years. He's thrown the ball 360 times and has 31 touchdowns in that span.

Unless the voters fuck it up, he'll be your MVP for the 2014 season. ^_^

Edited by Crazyman

If Aaron Rodgers threw 55 straight interceptions, he'd still have a higher career passer rating than the current second place player (Peyton Manning, and by like 2 points)

He also currently has a 4:1 CAREER touchdown to interception ratio (220:55), and has thrown 32 touchdowns to 3 interceptions this season. Also known as an almost 11:1 ratio :lol:

Edit: Just to note how impressive that is, nobody else is even at 3:1. Tom Brady is second at like 2.75:1

He hasn't thrown an interception at home in two years. He's thrown the ball 360 times and has 31 touchdowns in that span.

i would agree but i think jj watt will end up winning.

As much as he deserves to, I doubt they'll actually give him the award. It's basically a QB award these days, unless you're a RB who breaks a major record or carries a shitty team to the playoffs (i.e Peterson 2012).

It doesn't help that Houston is only 6-6.

Edited by Crazyman

As much as he deserves to, I doubt they'll actually give him the award. It's basically a QB award these days, unless you're a RB who breaks a major record or carries a shitty team to the playoffs (i.e Peterson 2012).

i dont know its just right now watt is the media darling and they are giving him the push hard for MVP to me its rodgers hands down, the guy is a machine.

i dont know its just right now watt is the media darling and they are giving him the push hard for MVP to me its rodgers hands down, the guy is a machine.

For a defensive player to win it the team would need to win their division (at least) and that player would have to be the star of a #1 ranked defense on a 13-3 team, or some similar record. Or at least break the sack record, for example.

Houston is 6-6 and ranked 10th in points allowed. I think Watt might get a vote or two, but I don't believe he has a chance of winning at this point. Like I said, it's basically a QB award, and really it should be renamed the Peyton Manning Award:

nfl-mvp-flowchart1.png

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1