WORKOUT THREAD

Budweiser

I love that feeling when you're preparing yourself to do a heavy set of squats. All that nervousness from being afraid you're not going to make it coupled with adrenaline from saying "fuck it" and getting under the bar anyway. Awesome.

Please don't hurt yourself.

I love that feeling when you're preparing yourself to do a heavy set of squats. All that nervousness from being afraid you're not going to make it coupled with adrenaline from saying "fuck it" and getting under the bar anyway. Awesome.

Please don't hurt yourself.

I won't, my rack has safety bars. Worst case scenario: I throw the weight off my back and onto the safety bars and make a hell of a racket. :lol:

• Like 1

First day back to training alone today due to a change in my buddy's schedule. It's been awhile since I've trained alone, so though I'll finish quicker, it's not as enjoyable (most of the time, imo) to do it by yourself.

Not too worried about it though. Looking forward to it as I missed some days last week due to personal things going on.

First day back to training alone today due to a change in my buddy's schedule. It's been awhile since I've trained alone, so though I'll finish quicker, it's not as enjoyable (most of the time, imo) to do it by yourself.

Much more fun for me to train with somebody else, but I think my training is more productive alone.

Probably left a pint of sweat on the floor tonight when on the trainer, but this is going to be great for when I am cycling in hot countries next year.

I've kind of given up my training partners. One of them always has to work whenever we're supposed to go to the gym and the other simply refuses to train during the evening rush hour, which is usually the only time I can go because of classes and work. I've found that the only training partners worth having are the ones that are at my level of dedication or higher.

• Like 1

A year ago, i wore the suit my father got married in to a wedding.. Not that that part matters.. Anyways, i was 160lbs then, and was on my way down to 150lbs... Now i'm 166lbs... So only 6lbs heavier and the suit is too small for me now... I'm 166lbs, at my lowest i was 150.. I'm leaner now than i was back then too.. I tried the suit on yesterday and its pretty tight on me now.i could wear it, but if i was any bigger i couldn't wear it..

That means, i've must of gained some muscle since then. Which makes me real happy. I'm struggling to gain weight, because of work... But now i'm really upping how much i eat. Its kinda gross how much I eat to be honest.

• Like 1

its great being able to eat lots though, I love it. Had 5 small/medium sized meals today and im still peckish now. Pretty sure I'm negative for calories in/out right now as well.

I can't sit back and count calories religiously, I just go with a guess and add 10%, then eat if my workout has been tough.

Slowly clearing the skinny fat around my stomach and hips, the rest of me is like a POW.

its great being able to eat lots though, I love it. Had 5 small/medium sized meals today and im still peckish now. Pretty sure I'm negative for calories in/out right now as well.

I can't sit back and count calories religiously, I just go with a guess and add 10%, then eat if my workout has been tough.

Slowly clearing the skinny fat around my stomach and hips, the rest of me is like a POW.

The best way to get rid of skinny fat, is to bulk and cut. I swear, its been harder for me to gain weight, then its been to loose it. I eat a whole lot honestly..

But i'm picking up my game now.. I've been doing towel pull ups, i can only do two, but i can do one with like 20lbs attached... Not bad for just starting on them.. Most people can't do one when they start out... I guess my grip is pretty good. But there's always room to get better.

Going to start doing Chest/Tris on the same day, and Back/Bis on the same day. Then, shoulders and legs on their own separate days, as well as my second chest day. Friday/Saturday will be my rest days, since the way my schedule has been I've been missing my second chest day on Fridays.

Going to start that routine next week.

Your back needs its own day, your shoulders don't, ya hooray for tolerance!.

I concur...

pull ups, deads, bent over rows, and bodyweight/weighted rows, then i finish off with my 100lbs sandbag for shouldering, when it gets too light, i add more weight.... I think forearm training is really important too.

• Like 1

I was going to deadlift tonight... But i have to get packed and do other stuff and say goodbye to my grandma (i'm a grandmas boy).. I'm going to Chicago for the weekend.....

With my luck, i'll pull something tonight if i worked out, and i wont be able to enjoy myself.. So its better I don't workout because i know id just be going through the phases.. I'll enjoy this 4 day break fro working out, then i'm going to hit it hard bulk till i'm about 185lbs... I've been saying that for along time, but i eat a lot, and i dont gain weight, so i started eating more and i've gained a couple pounds, now i'm stuck at 165-166....