Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

Satin reporting Owens and Zayn were sent home from the U.K. Tour as a disciplinary move...

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/sami-zayn-owens-sent-home-tour/

Word is they were supposed to feed for New Day, didn't like it, and bailed. Also points out that they're both close with Jacobs and Neville... This could get really interesting depending on how unhappy these two are.  

PWinsider reporting the get beat up by The New Day bit. 

Meltzer however just said it's displinary, but none of the talent know why and the people that normally would know why don't.

Worth pointing out that PWInsider have been accussed of being feed stories sometimes by WWE. So take your pick.

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

PWinsider reporting the get beat up by The New Day bit. 

Meltzer however just said it's displinary, but none of the talent know why and the people that normally would know why don't.

Worth pointing out that PWInsider have been accussed of being feed stories sometimes by WWE. So take your pick.

When in doubt, I'll trust Satin. And the finish did look awkward as fuck, so it's consistent. Could be a work, there maybe another story that WWE doesn't want us to know, I don't know. But I'll defer to Ryan at least until given a reason not to.

8 hours ago, axlslash said:

When in doubt, I'll trust Satin. And the finish did look awkward as fuck, so it's consistent. Could be a work, there maybe another story that WWE doesn't want us to know, I don't know. But I'll defer to Ryan at least until given a reason not to.

I won't. Satin has a questionable track record.

This was dave on the board;

There's a lot of untrue info.

For one, the story of Owens being mad on the tour bus after the tapings isn't accurate.  He was not even on the bus after the tapings.  

The finish of the match was exactly as it was supposed to be.  The post-match is a story that is being told different ways depending on how you hear it but that is the point of contention.

But that is the thing, any other stories are not accurate as it pertains to them being sent home.

None of this has to do with Neville,Jimmy Jacobs, etc.

It's all up to Vince.  He's he guy who suspended Titus for 90 days for nothing.  Trying to predict his reactions are a waste of time because they are often contradictory and make no sense.

Neither is looking to leave.

Edited by AtariLegend

11 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Worth pointing out that the article was published before this happened.

Hadn't seen that, but even then it's still up. WWE is usually quick to remove stuff like that. Also, it describes the ending of the match from Tuesday. 

Edited by username

1 hour ago, username said:

Hadn't seen that, but even then it's still up. WWE is usually quick to remove stuff like that. Also, it describes the ending of the match from Tuesday. 

They were sent home after and nah they aren't really click to remove stuff like that unless it involves Chris Benoit. Also the people that do the website have minimal contact with the office. People like Joey Styles complained in the past that were rarely told anything in advance.

Separate departments. Both Generico/Steen were removed from the rest of the dates they were advertised for on the tour, but I'm sure they will back sooner than later anyway. WWE gains nothing from blackballing either.

Edited by AtariLegend

I haven't watched TakeOver yet, but going to get to it this evening. 

Survivor Series left plenty to be desired from a booking perspective, but it was the strongest WWE PPV in a good while. HHH/Strowman is going to be fun as hell, though I could have done without Hunter using his golden shovel on everyone along the way. 

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

I haven't watched TakeOver yet, but going to get to it this evening. 

Survivor Series left plenty to be desired from a booking perspective, but it was the strongest WWE PPV in a good while. HHH/Strowman is going to be fun as hell, though I could have done without Hunter using his golden shovel on everyone along the way. 

I thought it was pretty fucking flawed. AJ/Brock was good and it did have moments where I started hoping AJ would actually get the win, but in the end the predictable happened. I also liked the way they booked Asuka. Thought the rest of the women's SS match was a mess. The men's SS was all about the game. I really don't get it. Instead of putting an actual spotlight on Nak, Joe, Roode and Balor they were way too focused on the HHH-Strowman story. Shane chasing off KO and Sami was ridiculous too. Uso's-Bar was good. Miz-Corbin exceeded the really low expectations, but meh. Shield-New Day should've been better and in the women's match I'm mostly just glad Charlotte went over. It wasn't a bad PPV, but it should've been better and made more sense booking-wise. 

You guys do realize the plan is Triple H/Angle?

Only reason Strowman was there at the end, was for the cover story of we're building "new talent". It's about Triple H going over, it's been that way for almost 18 years.

Strowman might get a match on a B show against Triple H, but in the end Triple H will probably "elevate him" by pinning him.

Edited by AtariLegend

7 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

You guys do realize the plan is Triple H/Angle?

Only reason Strowman was there at the end, was for the cover story of we're building "new talent". It's about Triple H going over, it's been that way for almost 18 years.

Strowman might get a match on a B show against Triple H, but in the end Triple H will probably "elevate him" by pinning him.

I think it's gonna go the other way. HHH vs Angle at the Rumble, and HHH will pick up his 3rd consecutive loss at WrestleMania putting Strowman over. But time will tell. 

Supposedly they've changed their mind on Balor vs. Lesnar at the Rumble. Vince didn't think Devitt was over enough, apparently the decision was taken after Survivor Series and him being squashed by Kane, working a program of doom with Bray...

So they booked him like a fucking geek, put him in terrible matches and expect him to be cheered like he's Steve Austin???

Edited by AtariLegend

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Supposedly they've changed their mind on Balor vs. Lesnar at the Rumble. Vince didn't think Devitt was over enough, apparently the decision was taken after Survivor Series and him being squashed by Kane, working a program of doom with Bray...

So they booked him like a fucking geek, put him in terrible matches and expect him to be cheered like he's Steve Austin???

I watched the Survivor Series main event again and I thought the crowd popped hard when Balor & Nakamura went at it for a few minutes.

If he's been removed from the championship picture for the time being I wouldn't mind Balor & Joe having a program together that ends with them forming a tag team.

Joe's the only person who has bested Balor more than once. Twice in NXT and he's made Balor pass out twice on the main roster.

Miz is on today's Sam Roberts podcast. Apparently when they first found out that Marise was pregnant, he came up with a whole storyline based around him saying "we're pregnant" - for example, Kurt tries to schedule him to defend the title and he says "Don't you remember, Kurt? I can't wrestle, we're pregnant!" God, it would have been marvelous, but WWE didn't want to keep Marise in the ring even in that capacity while she was pregnant. Too bad.

Today, I am thankful for The Miz. 

• Like 1

Yeah, let's see how well that works out in WWE. I'm sure following Wyatt's transvestite gimmick, house of horrors and the Fandango shtick it'll be the dirt worst while Matt does the job every week.

Read though that they'll probably call it WOKEN instead of BROKEN, so that Vince can own the copyright on woken. Hopefully though it's a better success than it was for TNA, who got 1 spike in ratings followed by them tanking on the successive weeks. My bet is Matt will be released within the next 12 months and Jeff if not injured will be on a wellness suspension.

In brighter news, both these guys got into the Observer Hall of Fame this week;

My favorite Styles match from the 2014 G-1.

-edit-

Was just watching this; 

If you want to know one the reasons NJPW went from out drawing WWF/WCW with running multiple Tokyo Dome shows a year in front of massive crowds to where it's currently at, keep in mind that Hashimoto was one of the company's if not the biggest draw in the 90's. Ogawa was a Judo champion and Inoki thought it'd be a good idea to tell him to shoot on one of their biggest stars.

Edited by AtariLegend

Apparently for those Americans that don't subscribe to NJPW World, it's been announced that Wrestle Kingdom XII will air in a 3 hour version on Saturday Jan 6th, 2 days afterwards. So if you want to see the top matches and most of the show with Jim Ross/Josh Barnett calling it.

The show fyi is around 5 1/2 hours if you watch the live version on Jan 4th on NJPW World.

It's traditionally the best Wrestling PPV of the year at least for the last several years, though Dominion this year might have beaten it.