Will we have a new GN'R album this time next year ?

Ali, is that you? I wondered where you'd been.

Remember Axl came back to Rio in 2006 with new songs. That only supports my claim, which is Axl is late as shit to everything, but he does get there in some cases. And he got there with Chinese. Eventually.

The work remains incomplete as long as Axl has not delivered the entire thing. He seems motivated to release it now. So there is a chance, in my opinion, for us to hear at least CD ll in the not so distant future. I don't see how that is being blind or whatever to the reality of the Gn'R situation. It's just not as black and white as you might think it is imo.

Do you have a single shred of actual verifiable evidence to this outrageous claim or are you just pulling it from way up your ass?

Edited by estrangedtwat

We're going to have to rename the Shitposter Award the Rovim Award. Sorry Damn_Smooth. Dude is a virtuoso shitposter.

No apologies needed. You fuckers thought for sure that you would topple me this year and look how that turned out. Expect nothing but the same in 2015. I am the shitposter legion.

Ali, is that you? I wondered where you'd been.

Remember Axl came back to Rio in 2006 with new songs. That only supports my claim, which is Axl is late as shit to everything, but he does get there in some cases. And he got there with Chinese. Eventually.

The work remains incomplete as long as Axl has not delivered the entire thing. He seems motivated to release it now. So there is a chance, in my opinion, for us to hear at least CD ll in the not so distant future. I don't see how that is being blind or whatever to the reality of the Gn'R situation. It's just not as black and white as you might think it is imo.

Do you have a single shred of actual verifiable evidence to this outrageous claim or are you just pulling it from way up your ass?

Going by what he said in an interview recently about seriously looking into a release. Means Axl is done promoting Chinese, and is ready to move forward. He even said that: "moving forward" in the dio awards interview.

Edited by Rovim

We're going to have to rename the Shitposter Award the Rovim Award. Sorry Damn_Smooth. Dude is a virtuoso shitposter.

No apologies needed. You fuckers thought for sure that you would topple me this year and look how that turned out. Expect nothing but the same in 2015. I am the shitposter legion.

You're not going to make me riot if you don't win, are you?

Can't wait to see Rovim's face when they announce yet another leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

Never said they won't announce another tour before CD ll comes out. Just that I think we'll hear it 2 to 3 years from now. I don't know what they will do in those 2 to 3 years or exactly how long it will take Axl to actually release it.

Edited by Rovim

You're not going to make me riot if you don't win, are you?

Of course I am. Our viligance knows no bounds.

Like when he announced the March 2007 release date. He was full of shit of course, but it was a concrete date and he seemed sincere.

Vague horseshit quotes about "looking into shit" are fucking meaningless. Only the saddest of nutswingers could possibly cling to something of no substance like that after almost 2 decades of false promises and outright lies.

The dude is a pathological liar.

I asked for a shred of CREDIBLE evidence!!! Where is it??

It doesn't get any better then that man. The source, Axl himself said the album is done and it's time to find a way to release it basically.

It's at least enough for me to think there's a chance he'll manage to pull it off in a couple of years. What's so outrageous about that projection? if you think Axl is a liar then nothing will be enough. There is no "credible evidence" other then Axl's words himself. He's the leader of this "band", calls all the shots, so of course there is weight to the things he says if you're a new Guns fan lol.

Edited by Rovim

I'm making logical, reasonable arguments based on the proven behaviour of an entertainer over the last two decades, backed up by untold amounts of articles, first-hand reports, and FACTS,

Hardly trolling.

Spitting in the face of Axl's well-documented behavior and insisting anything otherwise is what smacks of trolling to me.

based on the proven behaviour of an entertainer over the last two decades, backed up by untold amounts of articles, first-hand reports, and FACTS,

You forgot horseshit.

Your view on the situation is close minded and biased imo. You can't even accept there is a chance CD ll will be released, even though Axl is only now, finally, moving forward or attempting to progress with a new release.

Regardless of what you choose to believe, the reality of it is 4 members of the band have spoke about new music and the intention to release it including Axl. That's a good thing. Means something is probably going on.

Edited by Rovim

The stuff Rovim posts, I swear to God, I read it every year on GNR forums. Every. single. year. Take any thread from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 and you'll see people discussing some vague words Axl said, some band members bullshit, "timing being right", etc.

I can't see any difference. Call it close-minded, pessimistic, "cupcake haterz" or whatever. It's just.... it's clearly false information, bullshit to avoid harder questions.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 2

The stuff Rovim posts, I swear to God, I read it every year on GNR forums. Every. single. year. Take any thread from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 and you'll see people discussing some vague words Axl said, some band members bullshit, "timing being right", etc.

I can't see any difference. Call it close-minded, pessimistic, "cupcake haterz" or whatever. It's just.... it's clearly false information, bullshit to avoid harder questions.

Why is it clearly false information? why would Axl lie and talk about CD ll and how it's finished now with no real intention to release it? there is nothing for him to gain by doing that.

Isn't it possible that he wants to release it now and is really trying to move forward with a release? some people here won't even consider that.

Edited by Rovim

then release it NOW...why the years-long holdup?

every other band and artist release music with no problem, many now just release music with no promotion whatsoever and do a surprise release

everyone but axl rose is capable of doing this....it's probably because slash was always high

• Like 1

then release it NOW...why the years-long holdup?

every other band and artist release music with no problem, many now just release music with no promotion whatsoever and do a surprise release

everyone but axl rose is capable of doing this....it's probably because slash was always high

Now we have to add Slash love affairs problems. I expect no less than 25 years delay for CDII

• Like 1

The way I see it, the bottom line here right now is Axl wants to release CD ll and is working on it, the album is basically done so maybe it's label related and the issue here is agreeing on how much money to pump into financing CD ll's promotion. Can't think of a bigger hurdle.

Edited by Rovim

what sort of promotion is needed in today's world?

all the promotion you need is on social media and that costs nothing

Monumental promotion. The only way to go.

it won't do anything...their fanbase is what it is...

despite what fans say, there was monumental promotion for CD and it didn't really do that much good....why will it be any different this time? if anything, they've lost fans because of the indifference towards CD and the lack of progress since the release

and their older fans, like me, are only getting older and don't buy what we used to buy and a lot of the older fans, have moved on long ago.....having axl rose on jimmy fallon isn't going to change anything....in fact, it will cause people to look at the weird old fuck as just that---a weird old fuck

what sort of promotion is needed in today's world?

all the promotion you need is on social media and that costs nothing

Oh fuck...I think you're right. And you know what that would mean? TB in charge of the promotion of any new release? May as well just toss the masters in the garbage.