Will we have a new GN'R album this time next year ?

Monumental promotion for CD? Wasnt there just those big cardboard stands in Target stores of something and a myspace advert or something

TV commercials in prime time on multiple major channels.

Ads in every major magazine

Write ups in online mags

Ads on radio both terrestrial and satellite

Reviews of the album in every magazine, print and online

Shackler's Revenge in Guitar Hero

If The World in a major movie

All the leaks, which is promotion in its own way

Myspace stream

Best Buy promoting it with a display in their stores, prominently displayed

Best Buy promoting it in their print and online advertisements

Major newspapers, print and online reviewing the album

The Chinese Democracy single release which was a major event on radio as it was played in all major markets at the same time

What more promotion does a band need? That's more than almost any band gets.

Should the label have gone door to door telling people about the album...."pssst, Chinese Democracy is out, pass it along..."

Edited by Sixes
  • Like 4

And yet there are nutswinggers saying how badly promoted CD was. :lol:

Chinese was promoted by the label. Not promoted by Axl, but people still knew it was coming and listened to it on myspace as well.

I don't think Axl will settle for far less money to promote CD ll.

Edited by Rovim

No, if Axl is working on vocals now it will probably still be at least a few more years before a product is ready for release.

Why? he might be finishing off vocals or just adding a few lines here and there. He did vocals for 3 songs on Angel Down. How long did that take him? He also said CD ll was done not long ago. He could be recording vocals for completely new songs.

CD ll could be released next year, but because it's Axl I think 2 or 3 years from now is more realistic.

Angel Down wasn't his product. It was a guest appearance where all he had to do was to lay down vocals.

Funny how you in your last sentence agrees with what I wrote.

No, if Axl is working on vocals now it will probably still be at least a few more years before a product is ready for release.

Why? he might be finishing off vocals or just adding a few lines here and there. He did vocals for 3 songs on Angel Down. How long did that take him? He also said CD ll was done not long ago. He could be recording vocals for completely new songs.

CD ll could be released next year, but because it's Axl I think 2 or 3 years from now is more realistic.

Angel Down wasn't his product. It was a guest appearance where all he had to do was to lay down vocals.

Not really... I didn't mean laying down vocals for Angel Down was the same process as recording a new Guns song for Axl.

Just that he is capable of recording vocals quickly. He even wrote lyrics for one of the songs on Bach's album, for his vocal parts.

He said CD ll is done. He's confident enough to say that, and while it's possible he's finishing off vocals, he added a bunch of stuff in 2007 I think for Chinese as well, and it came out a year later.

This is why I think it's realistic to hope for a release in 2 to 3 years. It's also been 6 years already since Chinese came out, and 8 years since he said in 2006 that 26 songs were done, with 6 more close to being finished.

So he had a lot of time to work on CD ll and other people have mentioned complete vocals of songs that were not on Chinese. Dating back to Brian May's interview years before Chinese came out.

So I think in that aspect, Chinese and CD ll's status is similar. Axl talked about Chinese saying "it's this year" in 2006 and we got it 2 years later.

Now he's saying CD ll is done, and that it's time to seriously look into it.

Maybe to us, that could mean with what we know about Axl that he could be recording final vocals and details, some minor stuff while also trying to work out a deal with the label for a release.

Whatever it is, he's not willing to share details right now, but it does seem like he's trying to move forward with it seriously for the first time really. This is encouraging, cause at least he's motivated and interested to release more music.

Although he didn't say "it's this year" for CD ll like Chinese in 2006, which makes me think he's being careful with his words to not create another shitstorm, he's interested in finding a way to release it and even if it's not out next year, it will be released in the near future, a couple of years to figure out how to actually release it with Axl being satisfied with promotion and just how CD ll is recorded maybe. He wasn't satisfied in 2007 and recorded more shit, but he still managed to release it a year later.

Same process for CD ll imo, cause Axl is Axl and it's hard for him to let go and say "it's done" and stop recording more stuff. He gave an interview and said CD ll is done. If that's really true, it's important cause it means he's confident enough in what he created artistically that he really does wish to release it.

It's the most important thing when it comes to a new Guns release: Axl must want to do it, if not, it gets delayed. I really believe he's a perfectionist, but also that only now he's truly interested in moving forward and finally release the second half of Chinese.

Edited by Rovim

This topic could have been closed once the first person posted NO.

It's not my fault Rovin's posts suck balls.

What a shit post. If you think this topic should have been closed already, and you don't really want to discuss this matter then you can just leave, you don't have to cupcake and be a cunt about it just because of me, repeating the same shit over and over instead of contributing to the discussion.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Not really... I didn't mean laying down vocals for Angel Down was the same process as recording a new Guns song for Axl.

Just that he is capable of recording vocals quickly. He even wrote lyrics for one of the songs on Bach's album, for his vocal parts.

I see what you mean. Yes, Axl can obviously write and record lyrics quickly. But maybe he becomes a little bit more thorough, in lack of a better word, when he works on anything that will end up on a GN'R record? Besides, I doubt the only thing that is missing before the next record can hit the shelves is some vocals. There is probably mixing, production, contracts, distribution agreements, etc, to settle, too.

I can't believe how you guys think that the CD material is somehow unfinished, like it isn't mixed or doesn't have vocals.

I'll bet my third nipple that it was "finished" in 02, and has just gradually been vandalised since.

You don't want to believe. You and some other people here won't even consider there's a chance he'll release CD ll in the next few years.

You're not objective enough to recognize even a step in the right direction which is exactly what it is right now imo. Axl wants to release it and is working on making it happen. How is that not something to consider? maybe he'll pull it off again, 7 or 8 years after Chinese came out. It's possible.

Axl talked about CD ll and it's status more then once recently, and without saying too much or promising anything, he said it's time to seriously look into it, to move forward until CD ll sees the light of day.

Many skeptics didn't want to accept there was a real chance for Chinese to come out but it did.

Axl's way of doing things damaged the trust between him and the fan base. It's understandable and even in many cases appropriate imo.

But not when half of the band is talking about a new album like it's close and when Axl is one of the band members talking about it in more then one occasion.

I think we'll know more about CD ll in 2015. I believe Axl will share more about it and maybe more people will take what he has to say seriously, at least when he's talking about new music.

He doesn't want to commit to anything or give a release date yet and that's not good enough so some people are just in the "I believe it when I hear it mode" and common sense is out the window.

That limits the discussion that could be had until CD ll is out, which is why I allow myself to guess based on what Axl is willing to share and the rest of the band. There is nothing else to go by really.

Edited by Rovim

I can't believe how you guys think that the CD material is somehow unfinished, like it isn't mixed or doesn't have vocals.

I think some songs are finished (Bumblefoot has confirmed that), but that some songs aren't (confirmed by multiple band members including Axl). In addition, I don't think can just release something he finished many years ago, I am sure he will attempt to renew the songs in some ways.

Lol Rovin, who's more fool, the fool or the fool that follows him?

How do you manage to make such long winded posts yet say nothing?

edit: Soul, it's the "renew" part that has me worried- I shudder to think how DJ will "renew" the CD stuff

Edited by DR DOOM

Lol Rovin, who's more fool, the fool or the fool that follows him?

How do you manage to make such long winded posts that say nothing?

It's not that my posts say nothing. It's just that I talk Chinese and the crowd is all wrong. "who's more fool". :D

Edited by Rovim