the big screens

During the Use Your Illusions tour, They had big screens especially in the stadiums. Today, They still have big screens. But why do they feel the need to add stupid videos on to the screens during songs.

Take You Could Be Mine. Is there really the need to have the Guns animation on the screens?

Man, those crappy GNR animated logos always make me laugh whenever they appear. So dated and cheap :lol: (Clear signal that Axl is NOT a perfectionist)

What about naked women and racing cars animations? From a guy who ended the original band to pursuit a more artistic vision? :rofl-lol:

lol NuGNR.

Big screens can take a rock concert to a whole new level. Ask Trent Reznor or U2. The 'badass rock n' roll car crashes and naked girls' imagery Axl uses is probably the worst use of big screens in a concert I've ever seen. Shows how Axl is nothing more than a hard rock 80s singer (including their bad taste and creepy/sad obsession with naked girls).

• Like 1

I agree with you guys ... those animations are part of the show, but they could be utilized alot better.

There're some other bands using it in the right way.

Edit: I like the ballet dancer in TIL and the female silhouettes in RQ. :shrugs:

Edited by GUNNER PT

U2 did some cool things with video. I remember when Dave Matthews was using these huge video screens but it was more ambient. Genesis had a massive one for their farewell tour which was really cool, but nothing's come close to what Roger Waters did. Part of seeing Tool is the video, but I think they just reuse a lot of the same things from past tours. Curious to see what they've got planned when they get the new album out. Billy Joel Live at Shea Stadium was pretty huge, and The Who brought Moon and Entwistle back to life for Quadrophenia.

Rush always have new videos along with Peart having a new kit for each tour and when NIN goes all out with the visuals, it's pretty awesome. I don't think watching it on home video or You Tube can compare.

Edited by dalsh327
  • Like 1

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I love the idea of the big screens... but now what's played on them!

Axl needs to get a good creative team in to make some really cool imagery. I loved the Welcome to the Jungle Live video they released. Some of that footage on the screen in between some live shots of them on stage would be awesome. Makes the song and overall visual of the show so much cooler.

The current 'This I love' and 'Rocket Queen' are the worst ones! Absolute cringe.

Big screens can take a rock concert to a whole new level. Ask Trent Reznor or U2. The 'badass rock n' roll car crashes and naked girls' imagery Axl uses is probably the worst use of big screens in a concert I've ever seen. Shows how Axl is nothing more than a hard rock 80s singer (including their bad taste and creepy/sad obsession with naked girls).

I'm sorry. There's nothing creepy or sad about looking at naked women.

If there's a world where that's even possible, I don't want to live in it.

• Like 1

I am not even a fan of NIN, but I saw them and Soundgarden this summer and NIN was a sonic and visual assault. Amazing show, and the visuals completely added to it.

• Like 1

I'm not going to concert to look at the screens. I'm there to listen some music I love and to look how's the band performing.

Maybe I'm too old for all those tech stuff and too big lover of smaller shows :)

Definitely, you are not one of those guys who go to a show to see it through their cellphone screen ... :lol:

I'm not going to concert to look at the screens. I'm there to listen some music I love and to look how's the band performing.

Maybe I'm too old for all those tech stuff and too big lover of smaller shows :)

Definitely, you are not one of those guys who go to a show to see it through their cellphone screen ... :lol:

Maybe I should give it a try? ;)

U2 had a great show on tour around 2008 (I don't know even the tour name, but forgive me I really don't like that band. Went to their concert just because of curiosity and kind of respect I have for them). Their stage and lights and screen show really were something special...must admit that!

I am not even a fan of NIN, but I saw them and Soundgarden this summer and NIN was a sonic and visual assault. Amazing show, and the visuals completely added to it.

http://vimeo.com/93261056

• Like 1

http://vimeo.com/93261056

What the fuck did I just watch? Reminds me of that 'horse playing sax' video.