Do you think Axl thinks about the Old Band

I still can't believe that others think a reunion will happen , Axl may do moe stuff with izzy and duff but as for slash , forget it , there's no chance

And some people still believe Axl will release a new album one day... Dreaming about impossible things is what's left for GNR fans.

As it happens I don't think either will happen

• Like 1

I started to believe that he's mashed on some form of drugs when he started mixing the Paradise City lyrics up with Welcome to the Jungle at that acoustic benefit gig he did for the kids.

That kind of mistake is due to a brain that is struggling to put it all together in real time; veering that far off course with songs you've been playing for 25 years can only be due to substances.

I agree that there probably are lack of concentration issues. But the main problem is that Axl never goes to any rehearsal. He has become way too dependable on the fuckin´ telepromter. So it shouldn´t surprised anybody all the fuck ups.

And he's needed that Teleprompter since the Illusions days...good point, that. If he's gone a while between shows in particular, and hasn't been at rehearsals, it makes sense that he doesn't remember the words.

Of course. The way he gave credit to all lineups at the Golden Gods pretty much sumised how he feels about the various incarnations of the band. I don't think for one minute he blocks them out of his mind, he probably looks at that line up pretty objectively now-a-days (with the exception of Slash). They are part of his history, his band.

Probably not. I have a theory that Beta has him stoned on tranquilizers all the time, and that is why his creativity has left him, and that is why he always looks stoned in fan pictures. He is like a puppet which Team Brazil wheel out every night to make money.

Canter has alluded to this many times. I actually believe that too.

Can you expand this a bit more, please ?

This.

If you're gonna put those kind of words in someone else's mouth, you might want to include a link at least

I read it in this very forum. Good god, no need to get all accusatory. It was in a thread where someone asked him about a reunion between Slash and Axl and he said he didn't want to name names, but he thinks he knows who's to blame and that Axl is likely being manipulated. Who the fuck else could that be? Madonna?

Calm down. I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just saying that if you're going to make claims like that you have to assume people are going to want a link to proof.

I wasn't angry but when I log on, see like 4 replies and they're all "link or it didn't happen" it's like, come on. I've been here for years. I wouldn't just make something up. Plus, I said ALLUDED as in, hinted at. He never said Beta was manipulating him... but he certainly alluded to it. He has said many times before that Axl didn't even know Slash showed up at his house, or Vegas because Beta didn't want that to happen. That she hides shit from him etc. So when he said he thinks Axl is being controlled and there are powers that be around him, pulling a vail over his eyes and that he wouldn't name names... I took that as Beta because who else could it be? There is really only one person Axl listens to these days and that's her. When you connect that with all Marc has said about her running his life, it's pretty clear imo.

Edited by combos

Steely Dan had an original lineup but as far as I know that band hasn't been on stage since 1973, it became about Don and Walt and way more session musicians than GNR's ever had. When they went to get the Rock Hall award, it was just the two of them, no current lineup, no old lineup, but they issued their own thank you to the musicians. Azoff also managed them but he never tried to get "original members" back in the band.

What if Oasis went on with Noel Gallagher without Liam but got the rest of the band together? What if Johnny Marr decided to do a Smiths reunion without Morrissey? Would people still go or does it matter that the frontman's not a part of it?

There's something to the bands with the lead guitarist and frontman on center stage, and when GNR turned into a 3 man lineup, Slash must be amused that it takes 3 guys to do what he did by himself.

Axl says it's "malicious lies n' gossip" that he doesn't want to be anywhere around him. He's never really said what those things were. How bad can it really be? Or does he need to have an "enemy" on his emotional dartboard when he delivers shows night after night?

Most band breakups are pretty mundane, more than people want them to be, just lawyers trying to dig shit up on each other so they can win, get their cut, pick out some rare wood for their deck and buy some whores to go blow those soulless pricks in the hot tub overlooking Hollywood.

The first time I met Axl we discussed the old band, he started the convo. So I would say yes he still thinks about the band, how could he not?

EEEHHHH! my friend .....you cant say that and dont give us more info!

Please,take your time and write what he said,i bet nearly 90% of the forum would love to listen the story!