SLASH Can't Remember DJ ASHBA's Name (french interview)

Silent Jay

All things considered, Ashba can probably write a better song than Slash. And what permits him to be only guy on the planet who wears a tophat? Its a gimmick.

I agree. Imo even if he sucks (a lot) as a live guitar player, Dj is a better songwriter than Slash. Still, he doesn't even get close to Izzy in my opinion, but he can do a decent job if Axl gets off his ass and try writing with him

DJ certainly has some songwriting (or rather co-writing) chops - I really enjoyed Saints Of Los Angeles and the first Sixx A.M. record. That being said until we hear a Guns song Ashba has co-written it's all academic. His current job in the band is covering Slash and Finck's parts so it doesn't really matter how great his songwriting skills are. Hopefully that'll change but we all know what Axl is like regarding releasing new material. Part of me thinks it was his ability to write 'hits' that got him the GN'R gig. I love Chinese to bits but there weren't really any singles or songs for radio. A few Sixx AM radio friendly type songs could be a way of getting more people interested.

Seriously, Slash can barely remember what he has done last week so don't ask him to remember the name of Dj Ashba ! :lol:

He can't even remember he signed for GN'R name just because he was too dumb ...

Downzy...Alfie.....isn't this juvenile type crap you guys are not allowing in an attempt to clean up the forum?

Hi guys, i'm the one who made the interview and it's a big deal for nothing. He didn't remember his name that's it

Thank's for the interview, btw ... it shows a little bit more how Slash is such a class act.

Your bashing and personal attacks on a rock star show why you are such a class act.

All things considered, Ashba can probably write a better song than Slash. And what permits him to be only guy on the planet who wears a tophat? Its a gimmick.

It might be time to shut the forum down for a few weeks.

The f*cking trolling is starting to get ridiculous.

Downzy...Alfie.....isn't this juvenile type crap you guys are not allowing in an attempt to clean up the forum?

LOL?

Can't you handle a simple comment about your prince Slash without complaining and harassing other users? Juvenil type crap? Really?

In general, Slash looks like a smart guy but, I guess is common sense that he was really dumb when he decided do sign for GN'R name. Do you think it was a smart thing to do? :lol:

Your bashing and personal attacks on a rock star show why you are such a class act.

Which personal attacks? umad?

Besides, who said I'm a class act? I'm just GUNNER PT :shades:

It might be time to shut the forum down for a few weeks.

The f*cking trolling is starting to get ridiculous.

Maybe you should just chill out ... you're starting a fire for too little.

Besides, you're missing something:

The next person who brings up the word "cupcake" is getting a warning point and a three day suspension. FFS, can we leave all the whining and bitching about other people's opinions from our regularly scheduled posts?

Please try and discuss the topic without resorting to ridiculing the opinions of others.

• Like 1

Did you intentionally say that?

Even if we remove any probability of DJ being able to write Guns quality songs, can you even imagine him trying to cover something like Anastasia, let alone writing it? Heh. Nope.

I agree. Imo even if he sucks (a lot) as a live guitar player, Dj is a better songwriter than Slash. Still, he doesn't even get close to Izzy in my opinion, but he can do a decent job if Axl gets off his ass and try writing with him

Ok guys, shut it down. It's over. We're done here.

Did you intentionally say that?

Even if we remove any probability of DJ being able to write Guns quality songs, can you even imagine him trying to cover something like Anastasia, let alone writing it? Heh. Nope.

I liked Slash 2010 album. But its not 1996 anymore, next year it will be 20 years since Slash left Guns N' Roses, and you people who constantly criticize Axl but somebody mentions your precious Slash in the wrong way you all start throwing your toys out the pram. Slash left Guns, I haven't forgiven him for it.

This is exactly the same was when he referred to Stinson as whathisname all over again... is it the seething pit of passive-aggressive boiling over again or is it an innocent throwaway mistake as he has zero intrigue in new GNR?? We'll never know!

'He told me he was going to fill in for whats his name..'

'I've never met any of them except for the guy who wears the top hat. I can't remember his name.'

54925650.jpg

• Like 2

Seriously, why should Slash have to acknowledge a wannabe like Ashba who basically imitates him in Axl's cover band?

I wouldn't.

Slash left GNR nearly 20 years ago and he's plenty nice about Axl's Roses really, I mean if the guy wanted to take the piss out of Axl and his band there's an absolute abundance of ammunition, he wouldn't have to dig very far.

• Like 2

Seriously, why should Slash have to acknowledge a wannabe like Ashba who basically imitates him in Axl's cover band?

I wouldn't.

Slash left GNR nearly 20 years ago and he's plenty nice about Axl's Roses really, I mean if the guy wanted to take the piss out of Axl and his band there's an absolute abundance of ammunition, he wouldn't have to dig very far.

So Miles doesn't imitate Axl when he's singing GNR songs? Slash makes more in royalties per year than he does with Miles and what's there faces.

This is stimulating, but I'm with this subject.

I don't see Miles wearing the bandana and aviator shades or bike pants and or doing the "snake dance" and other Axl trademark moves, no.

Ashba actually mimics Slash's moves onstage if you haven't noticed.

Yeah he does mimic Slash, he is playing his riffs afterall. In my opinion Axl should have thrown the cheque book at Zakk Wylde when Slash left before Ozzy nabbed him, that's a guitarist who can rival Slash when it comes to dirty rock n roll. Axl went in a different direction musically.

Edited by wkuk04

I wouldn't.

So Miles doesn't imitate Axl when he's singing GNR songs? Slash makes more in royalties per year than he does with Miles and what's there faces.

This is stimulating, but I'm with this subject.

No actually Myles doesn't try to sing like Axl he sings like Myles. He also doesn't dress like Axl.

I don't see Miles wearing the bandana and aviator shades or bike pants and or doing the "snake dance" and other Axl trademark moves, no.

Ashba actually mimics Slash's moves onstage if you haven't noticed.

Yeah he does mimic Slash, he is playing his riffs afterall. In my opinion Axl should have thrown the cheque book at Zakk Wylde when Slash left before Ozzy nabbed him, that's a guitarist who can rival Slash when it comes to dirty rock n roll.

Right so because he is playing Slash's riffs he should dress and act like him. got it.........

Except Axl is not making dirty "Rock N Roll" these days so Zakk would have been terrible fit IMHO

Ozzy let Zakk go in 95 cause he couldn't make his mind up wether he was in Ozzy's band or GNR.

Zakk and the No More Tears lineup did a one off Australasian tour in 98 I think but Zakk wasn't back in Ozzy's band till 2000 or 01- Axl had plenty of opportunity to draft Zakk.

But it wouldn't have worked out, Zakk would have walked out when no album came out a year after he had written and recorded his parts or probably before that when he wouldn't even see Axl in the studio or hear him sing :lol:

Ozzy let Zakk go in 95 cause he couldn't make his mind up wether he was in Ozzy's band or GNR.

Zakk and the No More Tears lineup did a one off Australasian tour in 98 I think but Zakk wasn't back in Ozzy's band till 2000 or 01- Axl had plenty of opportunity to draft Zakk.

But it wouldn't have worked out, Zakk would have walked out when no album came out a year after he had written and recorded his parts or probably before that when he wouldn't even see Axl in the studio or hear him sing :lol:

I'm saying Axl should have hired Zakk straight after Slash left, not during the Buckethead years. Because he can play both around the pair of them while making fun of Slash by wearing a KFC bucket on his head.