SLASH Can't Remember DJ ASHBA's Name (french interview)

Silent Jay

This passive GN'R amnesia is what makes Axl's blood boil

Why does Axl care...isn't he over it? (Like Slash & Duff are). It's been almost 25 years. Besides- Slash is right. I barely have an idea who what's his name was (or any of the recent touring musicians were/are) still. They all were pretending to be Guns in their mannerisms etc....

This passive GN'R amnesia is what makes Axl's blood boil

Why does Axl care...isn't he over it? (Like Slash & Duff are). It's been almost 25 years. Besides- Slash is right. I barely have an idea who what's his name was (or any of the recent touring musicians were/are) still. They all were pretending to be Guns in their mannerisms etc....

its-an-internal-forum-joke

:sleeper:

Hardly surprising he can't remember the name of his replacement in the band he quit almost twenty years ago. I doubt he follows nuGuns that much. I get the impression that back in the early 2000s he was up for a reunion. I remember watching this documentary as a kid from that time (the one that ends with the '02 VMA footage) and he says something along the lines of they'd all happily go back into the band/he's waiting for the call or something. Maybe there was some rivalry during the VR years as nuGuns was a bigger draw (headlining festivals, playing arenas etc.). Nowadays though I get the impression that he's happy doing his solo thing - I mean his solo stuff is (almost) as big a draw as nuGuns - he was playing arenas on his last UK tour.

Edited by BassistSeb

And lets play along and say Slash did a purposeful dig- so what. Axl hates him and is so much more frontal in his (statements released) that why would this little alleged dig at his touring guitarist (and not very good) upset Axl?

Edited by Snowmass

Interview made for the french Slash forum The Pit

Niko : Who is the rythm guitarist with whom you enjoyed the most when recording?

Slash : I would have to say for a 2 guitar team, Izzy sounds the most interesting at the end of the day.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-cant-remember-current-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashbas-name/

Hmm,

During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

- Slash, Okej November? 1993, http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=13.

I've said this before but I've never bought that older Slash interview as legit. It doesn't sound like Slash's "voice", and doesn't even match up with other interviews where he was critical of Izzy.

He was using at the time and towing the company line

Niko : Who is the rythm guitarist with whom you enjoyed the most when recording?

Slash : I would have to say for a 2 guitar team, Izzy sounds the most interesting at the end of the day.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-cant-remember-current-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashbas-name/

Hmm,

During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

- Slash, Okej November? 1993, http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=13.

drugs. lots of drugs.

look, i think slash was probably as pissed off at izzy as axl was back then -- in all seriousness you can't take ANYTHING they said back then entirely in earnest, especially when you factor in all the booze and drugs. they were speaking from an emotionally-scorned place at the time, and probably hoped izzy would read those kinds of comments in the press.

Hmm,

Damn you quote from 22 years ago! I knew you'd come back to haunt him!

Outside of this Forum and maybe a Sixx AM board,I doubt many people know who Dj Ashba is. I don't see it as Slash knocking the guy but maybe he just doesn't know or care who he is. Having said that Ashba is doing something right as he is in two successful bands, has a wife that is twenty years younger than him and is probably a multi-millionaire as well.

I want to forget. "The one with the tophat."

The 42 year old lady boy with the emo make up

the short fellow with the nipple tat

the one with the burnt on purpose les paul

the fake one who does the hogan ear

The one who fucks up my solos.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Hmm,

I've said this before but I've never bought that older Slash interview as legit. It doesn't sound like Slash's "voice", and doesn't even match up with other interviews where he was critical of Izzy.

He was using at the time and towing the company line

I'm not saying he wasn't critical of Izzy during that time. That one particular interview however has stuck out to me because it just doesn't seem like Slash's "voice". Whether that's due to translation difficulties or the interviewer going into business for himself is up to interpretation.

Hi guys, i'm the one who made the interview and it's a big deal for nothing. He didn't remember his name that's it

It's not a big deal at all, it's just Slash being Slash ... thank god he remember that guy use a top hat, or we would think he was talking about someone else ...

Thank's for the interview, btw ... it shows a little bit more how Slash is such a class act.

Edited by GUNNER PT