Talk of gnr to play on new terminator genisys

One of the guys who claimed to have insider info on the terminator genisys script (so far he's been accurate in his revealings) had said that they intend to possibly use you could be mine on the new t5 movie, apparently they are trying to re create the feel of both pt1 and pt2, with colours, sound effects, and music..

Just something i thought you would like to know, not a huge deal but it's something at least..

Well that's not happening. Axl will want a new song on there that Slash will make no money on. Shackler's Revenge will likely make the cut haha

Jk depends on the deal the studio made when they originally got YCBM on terminator 2. The deal might imply they can use it on all terminator movies, so it might be an easier route.

At this point, I would hope that Axl, The Beta and their team would be more interested in sharing NEW music with the millions of GnR fans out there, rather than working on re-releasing old songs like YCBM for any projects.

If this is true, the only LOGICAL thing a normal band in GnR's position would say to the Terminator people would be "Sure, you can re-use YCMB in the upcoming movie as long as you ALSO feature one of our brand new songs in a prominent spot as well."

• Like 1

At this point, I would hope that Axl, The Beta and their team would be more interested in sharing NEW music with the millions of GnR fans out there, rather than working on re-releasing old songs like YCBM for any projects.

If this is true, the only LOGICAL thing a normal band in GnR's position would say to the Terminator people would be "Sure, you can re-use YCMB in the upcoming movie as long as you ALSO feature one of our brand new songs in a prominent spot as well."

Correct, that would be logical. And logical in GnR world means....won't happen.

• Like 1

Its entirely possible given that the new movie revisits the timeline of Terminator 2 including the very same scenes albeit with a twist. John Connor was listening to YCBM on his stereo in two scenes. If they recreate those scenes you'll hear it again.

I love the song, but it would be boring to have once again YCBM in a terminator movie. The use of rooster (Alice in Chains) in T: Salvation was a good idea. As the majority of the movie apparently takes in place at the time of T2, you have to use music from the early 90s if it is supposed to be a song existing at the time

Edited by nico_france

One of the guys who claimed to have insider info on the terminator genisys script (so far he's been accurate in his revealings) had said that they intend to possibly use you could be mine on the new t5 movie, apparently they are trying to re create the feel of both pt1 and pt2, with colours, sound effects, and music..

Just something i thought you would like to know, not a huge deal but it's something at least..

In this case, there would be more cringe on the new Terminator movie than now

(and i'm saying this as the biggest fan of YCBM ever, the song brought me to GNR in the first place)

Edited by Motivation

I'd love a new song to go to a new movie, it would only make sense..

seeing as they revisit old timelines (t1-t2) they could possibly revisit ycbm when they cross over to the t2 timeline, but when they go past that they throw down a new gnr song..

i'd really LOVE that, but alan taylor is so damn obsessed with getting everything reminiscent of both parts, he even went as far as making sure kyle reeses shoes in this new one are the exact copies of the nike vandals in pt1.. plus the gargoyle glasses arnie wears in pt1.. he made them re create them..

but a new song would be awesome..