More than a thousand Muslims form a human shield around synagogue in Norway

Georgy Zhukov

So what was the 'how so?' about, you wanting me to walk you through the bleedin' obvious?

I was hoping for some entertainment when magisme would have to try to defend calling me "thick" for merely pointing out that the rally wasn't motivated by pressure from outside groups. I should have known only his sidekick would answer :shrugs: .

Right, which is why declarations to the contrary are a bit silly.

Only if you have nothing to go by. In that case it would be equally silly to claim they weren't pressured into doing it as claiming they were. As it happens, based on what I have read and seen, in particular interviews with the people behind it, I am confident that this was a genuine reflection of compassion for the situation of jews in Scandinavia.

What about the interviews makes you say that would be the specific that would clear up what your position here is based upon.

I can't really remember, it is more an impression you are left with after seeing it. You get the clear impression that they are honest about their motivation. Then you also have the sociopolitical context that sort of made such a rally inevitable, not because the outside pressure on muslims to rally is higher now (which is it), but because there's been so much media coverage of anti-semitism among muslims in Norway which would motivate muslims directly to present a more unbiased picture as well as a desire to reach out to jews.

Do you want a slap? :lol:

No. One of the great things about Internet discussions is that I don't risk a slap when talking to the likes of you.

Can you not make this whole fuckin' waltz a little easier and just say what the fuck it is that made you think that it was a spontaeneous organic unprompted thing instead of making me have to wade through all this fucking foreplay, I mean do you not get whats being asked of you here, what, what, WHAAAAAT did they say that makes you think that, how difficult is that?!? :lol:

I am sorry it is not enough for you to hear from a Norwegian who has paid attention to the rally, and knows the sociopolitical climate here now, that this was, in my belief, not a rally that came about from pressure on muslims, but muslims themselves that decided they would show compassion for the jew minority.

Just because there is an outside pressure now for muslims to speak out and be vocally against extremism and anti-semitism, doesn't mean that every such expression stems from this pressure. Humans are still humans and rallies coming from a genuinely internal place will still take place. Dismissing all of them off-hand as dishonest and only a result of pressure from the outside, is awfully jaded and ignorant. It's like saying that muslims would never do such a thing unless pressured into it, or jump to the conclusions that every occasion of such a thing, would be due to outside pressure.

Well the same could be said of you Soulie

Of course, I don't mind anyone telling me to shut up when I point out that this rally wasn't a result of outside pressure, as a commentary to a good rally getting undeserved criticism from ignorants and wise-asses :shrugs:

I was hoping for some entertainment when magisme would have to try to defend calling me "thick" for merely pointing out that the rally wasn't motivated by pressure from outside groups. I should have known only his sidekick would answer :shrugs: .

I was trying to be helpful and answer your question you fucking wanker :lol: Honestly, no good deed goes unpunished eh? :lol:

Only if you have nothing to go by. In that case it would be equally silly to claim they weren't pressured into doing it as claiming they were. As it happens, based on what I have read and seen, in particular interviews with the people behind it, I am confident that this was a genuine reflection of compassion for the situation of jews in Scandinavia.

But i asked why, once again, for the 5th millionth time, why?

I can't really remember, it is more an impression you are left with after seeing it. You get the clear impression that they are honest about their motivation. Then you also have the sociopolitical context that sort of made such a rally inevitable, not because the outside pressure on muslims to rally is higher now (which is it), but because there's been so much media coverage of anti-semitism among muslims in Norway which would motivate muslims directly to present a more unbiased picture as well as a desire to reach out to jews.

Right, finally, an answer. 'i can't really remember'. You just got that impression but you don't know why. That there Soulie is the simple answer to the question I've been putting to you, you could've saved this entire big song and dance by just answering the question. Basically nothing, your position is based on nothing, the position that you were SOOOOO sure makes absolutely certain that this weren't cuz of the aforementioned social pressure...was based on fuck all. An 'impression' you got. See, i think this is why you just chat shit and prevaricate because by the time you actually get to the point it becomes clear that you ain't got one.

No. One of the great things about Internet discussions is that I don't risk a slap when talking to the likes of you.

It was an expression to denote the frustration that occurs when you have to ask a clearly intelligent man the same question 40 times before he can give you a straight answer :lol:

I am sorry it is not enough for you to hear from a Norwegian who has paid attention to the rally, and knows the sociopolitical climate here now, that this was, in my belief, not a rally that came about from pressure on muslims, but muslims themselves that decided they would show compassion for the jew minority.

Knows the socio-political climate by way of what exactly? You can't explain yourself so what good is your knowledge of the socio-political climate? And as far as it not being enough for me to hear it from a Norwegian, how often do you (and quite frankly a fair few other posters) sit around her pontificating about Islam, making psychological assessments of the minds of muslims, terrorists or otherwise, setting the record state on certain aspects of the social set up of countries and culture you know absolutely nothing about? Other than what the newspapers and media of the countries that bomb them tell you? Yet you feel qualified enough to do that shit so why not me, especially when I'm approaching it with logic, assessing what little variables I am actually aware of i.e. the existence of said pressures...to which your riposte is 'well i'm not really sure why, i don't remember, i just got this impression'...and it was enough for you to cop an attitude over...and the prevaricate endlessly when you're actually approached to make a comment of some substance about it.

Just because there is an outside pressure now for muslims to speak out and be vocally against extremism and anti-semitism, doesn't mean that every such expression stems from this pressure. Humans are still humans and rallies coming from a genuinely internal place will still take place. Dismissing all of them off-hand as dishonest and only a result of pressure from the outside, is awfully jaded and ignorant. It's like saying that muslims would never do such a thing unless pressured into it, or jump to the conclusions that every occasion of such a thing, would be due to outside pressure.

Yeah but no one said anything about 'every such expression' or 'dismissing all of them offhand as dishonest' or 'every occasion'.

Of course, I don't mind anyone telling me to shut up when I point out that this rally wasn't a result of outside pressure, as a commentary to a good rally getting undeserved criticism from ignorants and wise-asses :shrugs:

What you mind or don't mind doesn't have anything to do with it, the comment was about you being wrong not how well you take getting told you're wrong.