Why is paranoia so rampant in America?

Facekicker

Well, being a cop isn't easy. There have been cops getting killed for just a traffic stop. You aren't out on the streets day after day not knowing if a kid has a gun or a bomb or whatever the hell they are using these days.

I remember once when I was shopping with my cousins and she got into a fight with another girl because she wouldn't move out of her way. The girl was just looking for trouble, so they fought. Luckily for us, a cop came along and brought us into a store to wait for a police car to show up. I remember seeing the girl just waiting outside the store and how more and more people stood out there with her.

when the cops arrived they put us in the middle of them and took us to the police car. I swear I thought I was going to get knifed or killed, but I was never so happy to see two 6 foot cops come to our rescue.

It's like everything else in life you have the good with the bad. That's a fact of life, but in today's world you just don't have to worry about little criminals you have terrorists who are looking to blow up planes and buildings to kill as many people as they can, all in the name of their religion or because people are different. It's a scary world out there and it saddens me to know it's not going to get any better.

You have to have to wits about you at all times no matter where you live in this world.

Sure it isn't easy but it's not a job that's supposed to be easy. Maybe that's the problem; letting people in who aren't comfortable with uneasy situations, pussy cops relying on their heavy weaponry and right to kill without much consideration. I would argue that the mentality too within the US' cops are different from many of their European counterparts.

And dude, you'll more likely die out of stress of being afraid of everything than to a bomb set off by a terrorist. Look up the statistics for that if you don't believe me.

• Like 1

Well, being a cop isn't easy. There have been cops getting killed for just a traffic stop. You aren't out on the streets day after day not knowing if a kid has a gun or a bomb or whatever the hell they are using these days.

I remember once when I was shopping with my cousins and she got into a fight with another girl because she wouldn't move out of her way. The girl was just looking for trouble, so they fought. Luckily for us, a cop came along and brought us into a store to wait for a police car to show up. I remember seeing the girl just waiting outside the store and how more and more people stood out there with her.

when the cops arrived they put us in the middle of them and took us to the police car. I swear I thought I was going to get knifed or killed, but I was never so happy to see two 6 foot cops come to our rescue.

It's like everything else in life you have the good with the bad. That's a fact of life, but in today's world you just don't have to worry about little criminals you have terrorists who are looking to blow up planes and buildings to kill as many people as they can, all in the name of their religion or because people are different. It's a scary world out there and it saddens me to know it's not going to get any better.

You have to have to wits about you at all times no matter where you live in this world.

Sure it isn't easy but it's not a job that's supposed to be easy. Maybe that's the problem; letting people in who aren't comfortable with uneasy situations, pussy cops relying on their heavy weaponry and right to kill without much consideration. I would argue that the mentality too within the US' cops are different from many of their European counterparts.

And dude, you'll more likely die out of stress of being afraid of everything than to a bomb set off by a terrorist. Look up the statistics for that if you don't believe me.

Perhaps the problem is that men cannot bear the responsibility of the lives of others and shouldn't be allowed to.

Perhaps the problem is that men cannot bear the responsibility of the lives of others and shouldn't be allowed to.

Well put, I agree.. a problem contradicting that though, is that there are always people willing to take others' lives so I understand why people want some organized force to counter that. Being a moral absolutist is difficult.