Sucks or not.

Your choice.  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If chinese hadn't been leaked and we knew it all before it came out it'd have been a better album , apart from riad and scraped it's a good album

Ummm... no it would not be a better album. It would still be what it is.

I can sit through CD, Shackler's & Better then I skip to Prostitute and that's it. It absolute sucks as an album. It grates on my nerves. His voice sucks on it I think because it sounds so fake and produced, the music is so over produced it's sickening. The songs I mentioned are all average at best. The almighty TWAT that everyone loves is almost unbearable to me. Prostitute is the only song that really suggests it could've been great in my opinion but his voice sucks and the fake ass drums suck and the production on it absolutely is a shame.

I've said it before but if Axl could just fuck off and record an album without the overzealous production it could be pretty good but nope he tinkers with it to death and ruins it. CD recorded by 2 guitars, drums, bass and vocals might be good. I don't remember the last time I listened to CD though. It's gotta be 2 years at least.

People get offended by this but I truly believe that a lot fo the people who love CD would actualy think it's average or bad if it wasn't Axl Rose. I think fandom has a LOT to do with people's feelings towards CD and I think the whole saga of it plays a large part to. I have a hard time beliving people actually LOVE CD. Be offended. be very offended.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

People get offended by this but I truly believe that a lot fo the people who love CD would actualy think it's average or bad if it wasn't Axl Rose. I think fandom has a LOT to do with people's feelings towards CD and I think the whole saga of it plays a large part to. I have a hard time beliving people actually LOVE CD. Be offended. be very offended.

You had to add this horseshit in the end of your post. It's not offensive, it's just not true.

Just like some people really didn't like Chinese after giving it a fair chance, others, like myself, love the album. It has nothing to do with Axl Rose. It's only about the music.

I think you like the new piece of shit U2 album just cause it's a new U2 album. People can't possibly like the music cause I think it's shit. Do you see how foolish that is? You relate to the music or you don't. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

You had to add this horseshit in the end of your post. It's not offensive, it's just not true.

Just like people really didn't like Chinese after giving it a fair chance, others, like myself, love the album. It has nothing to do with Axl Rose. It's only about the music.

I think you like the new piece of shit U2 album just cause it's a new U2 album. People can't possibly like the music cause I think it's shit. Do you see how foolish that is? You relate to the music or you don't. :shrugs:

I believe it is true. I think the wait and mystique for this album was so long and people were so emotionally involved that regardless they were gonna "like" the album no matter what. They would never allow themselves not to like it. I think a LOT of people like this album because they were a part of the whole thing in a way. I honestly believe there are a lot of people who like it because of the name. Slap another name on it and half the people claiming to LOVE that album turn their backs on it.

As for the new U2 album it's apporval rating among U2 fans is much higher than CD's is among GnR fans and in January 2015 U2 was the most listened to artist via iOS devices. 23% of people using such devices listened to U2 in January compared to only 11% for Taylor Swift who was #2. Of the people who listend to U2, 95% of them listened to songs from Songs of Innocence. Strange how all those people have had 5 months now to delete the album if they thought it was so shitty but strangely they still have it and still choose to listen to it. Weird. Guess the album isn't as shitty as you think and the music is actually speaking for itself and people are enjoying it despite what the flashy headlines and bloggers would like you to believe. People aren't liking U2's new album because of the name of the band. In fact the exact opposite took place. A vocal minority hated the album because of the name and it was blown outta proportion to the point it seemed like everyone hated U2 and the album was a piece of shit.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Just like people really didn't like Chinese after giving it a fair chance, others, like myself, love the album. It has nothing to do with Axl Rose. It's only about the music.

I believe it is true. I think the wait and mystique for this album was so long and people were so emotionally involved that regardless they were gonna "like" the album no matter what. They would never allow themselves not to like it. I think a LOT of people like this album because they were a part of the whole thing in a way. I honestly believe there are a lot of people who like it because of the name. Slap another name on it and half the people claiming to LOVE that album turn their backs on it.

Of course you believe it is true. That's because you can't accept the possibility people really like something you didn't and you're bitter about Axl so that doesn't help either.

You don't give people enough credit. I think people are very capable of judging the album based only on the music, and judging by the poll in this thread, most people here dig the album and it's not considered a piece of shit by the majority of the hardcore fans that post here and in other Gn'R forums.

You have nothing to support your claim. Even most people that dislike the album don't consider it a piece of shit among hardcore fans.

It got decent reviews too so I guess that means the reviewers were biased as well.

You go around saying how Chinese is so shit that people can't possibly like it. There has to be another reason like Axl, or the name, or whatever the fuck, but the truth is I've been here long enough to know people genuinely like it cause they talk about the songs in detail and their favorite parts of songs, and they still talk about it 6 years after it came out.

They also really want to listen to CD ll. But no. That can't be because they truly liked Chinese and want more. :facepalm:

And btw: of course the approval rating of the new U2 album is higher. All of the original members are still there, and still doing their thing.

Axl replaced all of the members in Guns and incorporated many new things that some old Guns fans didn't care for like shredding and Pitman, and he delivered one album in 23 years. There was nothing consistent about the process, and another thing: Slash, a huge part of the sound is gone. That's like the Edge being replaced and then Bono releases a solo album and calls it a U2 album. What would the approval rating be if that ever happens I wonder?

And even after everything Axl did, most hardcore fans in Guns forums like the album and it's probably because they relate to the music and not for bullshit, shallow reasons that you're trying to sell here only because you're biased and mad about Axl.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Of course you believe it is true. That's because you can't accept the possibility people really like something you didn't and you're bitter about Axl so that doesn't help either.

You don't give people enough credit. I think people are very capable of judging the album based only on the music, and judging by the poll in this thread, most people here dig the album and it's not considered a piece of shit by the majority of the hardcore fans that post here and in other Gn'R forums.

You have nothing to support your claim. Even most people that dislike the album don't consider it a piece of shit among hardcore fans.

It got decent reviews too so I guess that means the reviewers were biased as well.

You go around saying how Chinese is so shit that people can't possibly like it. There has to be another reason like Axl, or the name, or whatever the fuck, but the truth is I've been here long enough to know people genuinely like it cause they talk about the songs in detail and their favorite parts of songs, and they still talk about it 6 years after it came out.

They also really want to listen to CD ll. But no. That can't be because they truly liked Chinese and want more. :facepalm:

And btw: of course the approval rating of the new U2 album is higher. All of the original members are still there, and still doing their thing.

Axl replaced all of the members in Guns and incorporated many new things that some old Guns fans didn't care for like shredding and Pitman, and he delivered one album in 23 years. There was nothing consistent about the process, and another thing: Slash, a huge part of the sound is gone. That's like the Edge being replaced and then Bono releases a solo album and calls it a U2 album. What would the approval rating be if that ever happens I wonder?

And even after everything Axl did, most hardcore fans in Guns forums like the album and it's probably because they relate to the music and not for bullshit, shallow reasons that you're trying to sell here only because you're biased and mad about Axl.

Well said.

Amongst the diehards, TWAT is loved and revered. I cannot fathom it, it is total shit. Boring as fuck, crap instrumentation (apart from the solos) and is just total meh. Cd is over-produced and has a massive lack of anything organic sounding. The leaks were better than the final versions. I like a few songs, am indifferent to a few and hate others. The notion that Axl is some kind of lyrical genius is blown wide open on CD when you listen to Scraped, This I love and a few others. Overall it lacks feel, it lacks emotion. It is such a shame because a lot of it would have been great if the perfectionist didn't suck the fucking life out of it. The blues was great until it became street of dreams, This I love is brilliant instrumental wise, the title track died on it's arse when it was polished up.

The way he produced the album totally affects the way the live renditions sound, namely crap for the most part. If you layer 68 tracks and squeeze them and then try to do it live without bothering your fat bloated arse to rehearse them, of course it will sound shite. Same thing applies to employing a fucking joke of a guitarist to play talented musicians parts.... Ashba is fucking rancid.

The live show is boring as fuck, lazy and uninspired. Look no further than the Bumblefoot situation, he couldn't wait to get out of the stagnating, joke.

• Like 1

Chinese Democracy is utter shit to me. I see that the general consensus is that it doesn't suck.

Because it doesn't suck ...

Only cupcakes with too much cream on top would say the opposite ... :shrugs:

Since this is based on personal opinion, whatever the majority says doesn't make it a fact. Only retarded people would try to force an opinion into a fact.

Chinese Democarcy does n`t suck I like it. I could n`t care less what anyone else thinks about it. As for touring, 2010 was awesome even DJ was tolerable. It`s been a steady downhill since 2011 with few exceptions here and there.

Edited by Dark Knight

Chinese Democracy is utter shit to me. I see that the general consensus is that it doesn't suck.

Since this is based on personal opinion, whatever the majority says doesn't make it a fact.

Something like this?

ea4be04f2c9e2074abbe8c176f88f2d50d814d03

:P

Since this is based on personal opinion, whatever the majority says doesn't make it a fact.

Something like this?

No, actually the opposite. You didn't understand what I was saying.

Something like this?

:huh:

Fck ... my english is even worse than I thought ...

I thought you said something like "whatever the majority says doesn't make it a fact" ... the same way million of flies liking shit, doesn't make it something good to eat ...

My bad ... sry. :shrugs:

I love the album. The only thing i would change is the pointless ambient intros. Like in TWAT I loved how it started with the piano fading in/up until the vocals hit you. Not the stupid choir and jungle drums intro that we have. Oh, and i could live without BBFs nonsensical shredding solos that have no melody to them whatsoever.

Something like this?

I thought you said something like "whatever the majority says doesn't make it a fact" ... the same way million of flies liking shit, doesn't make it something good to eat ...

Based on your previous post, the picture you shared didn't make any sense.

Something like this?

I hope you're not cupcakeing me, Nosaj <_<

Something like this?

I hope you're not cupcakeing me, Nosaj <_<

I don't know what that is. You're still using a language I can't understand.