Sucks or not.

Your choice.  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes to both. CD sucks, which is a testament to Axl's ability to ruin something because there's actually a decent amount of good stuff on the album.

I don't need to explain the touring. Embarrassing beyond belief.

you suck :headbang:

See, DS? Morons with terrible taste abound.

• Like 2

Yes to both. CD sucks, which is a testament to Axl's ability to ruin something because there's actually a decent amount of good stuff on the album.

Among the Axl fans (since they are the only one's that have voted so far) it seems that it's an overwhelming opinion that the touring has sucked. Wonder how CD will fare if the Slash fans decide to respond.

CD is a brilliant demented interpretation of how GNR ought to sound with just captain ahab at the helm. Since the ghost of Axl appeared at RIO, where he ought've unleashed three new tracks, the tours have been underwhelming with a few highlights.

• Like 1

1. While "suck" might be a bit of a heavy handed term, I think the album is very disappointing.

The leaks and live versions we heard before it's release were all better than what ended up on the album.

I range from liking through to loving the songs themselves, but I have serious issues with the versions presented on the album...so I voted yes.

2. I thought the touring sucked in 09.

Duff and Izzy's little stints have been cool, but I have no interest in seeing GNR with Ashba on the stage.

• Like 2

Among the Axl fans (since they are the only one's that have voted so far) it seems that it's an overwhelming opinion that the touring has sucked. Wonder how CD will fare if the Slash fans decide to respond.
Hopefully most people are music fans and don't think they have to pick a side between Axl and Slash.

I thought CD was awesome

The second poll question isn't really a fair one.

Some of the shows and the last residency were apparently pretty awesome. I saw them a couple years ago and Axl and the band were fantastic. So that would be a yes for your topic.

BUT random occasional touring instead of spending time in the studio finishing up the follow up to CD? That sucks and would be a no for your poll.

If they have tons of material and just need to sort through and pick 15 songs.....I would have rather they spent all of 2011 doing that. Then touring 12-14 in support of CD2.

• Like 1

3 gems in a cesspool of duds. After over a decade and an endless budget. :facepalm:

My main problem with CD overall is give me, a musical deficient retard who can't play beyond the chords of smoke on the water, just half the budget and time, and I could release something with more replay value than that tripe.

And yeah, Axl has sucked girthy cock since rio, with a few exceptions. Couldn't care less about the d list musicians he surrounds himself with, who, in my opinion absolutely butcher the old songs, mainly thanks to bumble and Ashba. Shredding on 14 years? Fuck off Ron.

If we're being truly, TRULY honest with ourselves, is there an answer besides yes for both? So much potential wasted on all ends for that matter. Axl, the nu band, Slash, Izzy, the whole nine. Damn shame.

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 1

People in a forum saying they are capable of recording better music than a rock legend reminds me drugs must not be abused...

Anyways, what is the basis to say an entire tour sucked? Wouldn't you have to attend every damn show of the tour in order to give such veredict?

• Like 1

That pretty much sums it up.

The album could have been really good if it was just recorded with 5 guys in a room playing guitars, drums, bass and vocals but nope Axl ruined it all. Seriously imagine Chinese Democracy being recorded by AFD GnR or hell even just CD GnR but without Axl fucking it all up. It would be pretty damn badass but as it stands it's an over produced, cold, processed sounding peice of junk with small hints of greatness. Just enough to make ya think wow this could've been good but it sucks.

The touring is just a fucking joke because they've basically been touring the same album since 2000. AFD..... errr I mean CD. Based on all this shit talking Axl did about having a vision and wanting to bury Appetite back in the day that dude sure leeches off his own past. Like Magisme said it's embarrassing beyond belief.

Edited by Bono

Anyways, what is the basis to say an entire tour sucked? Wouldn't you have to attend every damn show of the tour in order to give such veredict?

Most of the people that have this opinion are masturbating to every YouTube clip that they can find of them.

"Axl's ability to ruin something" -- Yep. He's got a damned gift.

Depends on what you want from Axl musically. Chinese is like a hybrid between an Axl solo album and a Guns album: you're not gonna get all the elements that are present on Appetite and/or Illusions cause Slash, Izzy, and Duff are not in the band anymore, and because Axl wanted to incorporate new elements to the sound and there is no one there to say "no" to Axl artistically.

I'm a fan of the album, but any more touring would need to be supported by a new release or at least a few CD ll songs played live, an album title, and a release date.

If Axl doesn't talk and shares more info and new music this year it will continue to be pathetic and aimless and of course, a sad joke.

Edited by Rovim