Sucks or not.

Your choice.  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

from 2011 until 2014 Axl's voice was inconsistent with some glimpses of greatness, and with no new album, the tour seemed to be just more of the same cause what most fans here want is more then just 15 songs of original material released and mainly Apettite/Illusion material being played live.

This is not how Axl sold us new Guns. There was a promise there to take it forward if I remember correctly. This is not taking it forward. This is not releasing anything for 6 years and keeping the fans in the dark without no real information or a release date, not even an album title.

The problem seems to be no one here knows why exactly there was a tour after 2011. One thinks a tour is meant for something; most of times it is to promote new music, to back up an album or to give an amazing entertainment show.

It was not a ChinDem tour since the playlist consisted mainly of classics and songs that have been played 1 million times already. Not one single new song was played for the fans. Axl's performances were inconsistent. The pyro and lighting was cool but the video images were awful and didn't seem to have a special meaning.

However, not everything sucked: the show called "Live at the O2" was way better than Vegas residencies and it should have been released on a DVD instead of Vegas shows. Izzy was there. Duff joining the southamerican tour was really cool. Then the Golden Gods was a nice surprise even if the performance was weak. 2014 residency was nothing special until Duff came along again and Axl delivered an amazing performance of Prostitute :)

CD doesn't suck, in my opinion. Some awful songs, some great songs. I wished it was better, but it is still good.

The touring since 2011's been good. The only problem has been Axl's occasionally sub-par voice. But the band has toured extensivelly, performed long shows to great reviews, entertained fans across the world, and started almost every show on time. If I only assessed shows in terms of whether Axl sings as amazing as he has done before, then yes, these tours would suck, but I tend to think that a GN'R show is much more than that.

CD was a major let down for me -- can't believe how excited I was when the leaks came. IRS, CD, THE BLUES were as good as any GNR songs from any previous album, that's how I felt in 2006? The album was weak. I have 2 songs in my iTunes, both of which I skip and I can honestly state ive not listened to a full song off CD in about...... 4 years? At least.

Touring? Always fantastic to watch Axl live (fuck you haters I include dj in that, he's fucking awesome to watch live too :)

Everytine since 2006 I say to myself "this could be the last time you see your only musical hero on stage" -- I just love the hype, pre show build up and then Axl hits the stage it's just like nothing else I can compare with. Amazing, regardless of the year or fall outs.

Edited by UK SUBS

Some posters' more-cynical-than-thou attitude is so fucking boring.

Go on....

(not being an ass, just honestly want you to expand on your point)

I'm tired of all the usual name calling BS everytime someone actually says they like something, will it be Axl or Slash. It's like...we're on a fan forum, but we can't like anything? Say you like ChiDem? Well you're "a moron", "a nutter"...Say you think Anastasia stands among the best material Slash has ever written? Well, you're a blind Slash fan who knows nothing about music or whatever BS.

I used to find it funny, now I'm tired of constantly seeing the same cynical-for-the sake-of-itposts. Sorry for the rambling.

• Like 4

Better & TWAT are about the only songs on CD worthy of inclusion in the GNR catalogue. I'll grudgingly extend that to SOD & Madagascar though I hate the end result of both songs on CD. The demos were far superior.

So yeah as a whole, the album sucks by GNR standards and especially so given the talent involved and the massive time and budget allocated. There's just no excuses for it being so poor and the production is fucking terrible.

As an Axl lead album it is a clusterfuck. He sounds better on Angel Down for fuck sake.

As for touring?

It's Tony Clifton territory.

• Like 1

This is a genuine question:

What are the things, elements, actions or inactions that determine a sucky tour?

For me it's because of the lack of music. Usually bands tour to support an album.

GnR has released one album since Axl fought so hard to keep the name and said how important GnR was to him.

It would be fine if Axl came out and said that GnR was now just a touring band that was his hobby when he needed some cash, or just wanted to have some fun touring the world

But Axl, The Beta, and band members have all talked about having anywhere from 15-to-80 songs in the vault. And they have all talked about wanting to and planning to share that music with Axl's millions of fans. Heck , did "round two" ever start?

Don't tell your fans you have tons of music that you plan to share with them......and then just tour for a few months per year, year after year.

Just a little honesty would go a long ways.

Edited by Apollo

I don't think CD sucks. There are some songs I think suck and don't even bother with anymore. Mostly good songs. Some borderline great. Overall good, could have been special without the time and production issues.

And I agree with others about the early leaks and demos were the better versions. I would really love to hear this album if it had come out in '02 or something like that.

Touring, whatever. I'd still check them out if they came close to me.

Some posters' more-cynical-than-thou attitude is so fucking boring.

Go on....

(not being an ass, just honestly want you to expand on your point)

I'm tired of all the usual name calling BS everytime someone actually says they like something, will it be Axl or Slash. It's like...we're on a fan forum, but we can't like anything? Say you like ChiDem? Well you're "a moron", "a nutter"...Say you think Anastasia stands among the best material Slash has ever written? Well, you're a blind Slash fan who knows nothing about music or whatever BS.

I used to find it funny, now I'm tired of constantly seeing the same cynical-for-the sake-of-itposts. Sorry for the rambling.

Please show where anyone was called a moron or a nutter for liking something. I agree that shouldn't be tolerated. Fortunately, it doesn't happen.

It's not that the tours have necessarily been bad, I mean I've enjoyed all the shows I've been to, it's that it's been just touring. You could argue the 2011 tour was because they hadn't toured the US after CD's release but otherwise, there's no new songs, no real changes in the setlist, deteriorating quality in both Axl's voice and the bands ability to pretend they give a fuck... it gets boring. Add the fact that this band has zero communication skills and seemingly no intention to release new music and you get annoyed fans :shrugs:

cd is garbage, no matter what the nutswingers might say

Thanks Coltrane, will you come over and go through my music collection and throw out anything that's garbage? I'd hate to be enjoying anything that I shouldn't be.

At this point in typing this post I went to get a glass of water & just stepped on a spanner I'd left out earlier. "You absolute fucking tool", is what I said. To the spanner.

• Like 4

cd is garbage, no matter what the nutswingers might say

Music is all about personal preference. Just because you don't personally like something doesn't mean it is garbage.

Never understood why some people have to insult those who have different taste/opinions on a music album.

I loved CD and I'm not a nut swinger.

Everything post-Robin has sucked big hairy monkey balls. That was pretty much the final drop.

CD had the potential to be a great album. The song quality is there. Shame it's an overproduced bloated mess instead (in that way it does resemble Axl I guess). I still love the 2000'ish versions of the songs that leaked and were played live.

• Like 2

Sounds fresh to me CD. Buckethead is sensational. IMO Slash has never reproduced or bettered his 87-1993 self. His guitar is sublime on the Use Your Records but anything else after that doesn't sound as promising with exception of SIDHY & Ain't It Fun (GnR related). It would be an absolute travesty not to hear the rest of Buckets work on the unrealised stuff.