Sucks or not.

Your choice.  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That interview is all the proof you need on why there is no albums and why band members leave. The band were recording through the night at The Village on Chinese Democracy, laying down songs only for a dispatch runner to whisk a compact disc of proceedings off to Axl in his mansion. Thirty minutes later, Axl would ring up and tell them his 'likes', 'dislikes' and the process would repeat itself.

What kind of way is that to record an album?

CD is better than the last two U2 albums. HTDAAB is there last good album.

That's an entirely different debate that could get bloody :lol:
Ha! Just being honest. Bono! What do you think about the promotion/marketing of U2's latest album.

If you truly love the album and can say in all honesty it's better than AFD, LIES and the Illusion albums than so be it. That's how you feel and I apologize for questioning that.

As far as alternate and multiple accounts go................. Go Fuck your self assclown. I've only ever had one account at Mygnr and that's Bono. Oh wait, I had an account a LONG LONG time ago that was called Ultra_Violet which UKSubs knew about because Madison banned me in February 2005. So before you go on about multiple accounts and alternate usernames when it comes to me I will kindly ask you to go fuck your self you mother fucking docuheBAG and get your facts straiight before hand. I've been posting here since before you were in diapers and I've never hid the fact who I am when I post.

Fucking zealot idiot.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

• 5 weeks later...

I think CD is great and that all the touring from 01-present was necessary. Guns had to work these songs into people's consciousness.

CD is better than the last two U2 albums. HTDAAB is there last good album.

That's an entirely different debate that could get bloody :lol:
Ha! Just being honest. Bono! What do you think about the promotion/marketing of U2's latest album.

U2 are great marketers. I'm not keen on their creative output for the past 15 years or so, but they have a great business model. They're musical politicians.

2011 and 2012 was great. GN'R touring the US and the world with Izzy on some gigs, Duff too. Estranged, Civil War, Dead Flowers on the setlist... An a lot of great proshots (O2, LA, Hiro).

2013 sucked big time.

2014 was ok but unnecessary. More of a cash grab.

That's the way Bono is, because he's Irish.

I've come to think of the Bono here as the real Bono's alter ego. Everytime I see Bono at some diplomatic convention (or whatever) on TV I always picture an angry, ranting, raving guy lurking beneath the calm, cool, collected surface.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

No. Yes.

I'm a big fan of CD, I'm not a big fan of beating it to death touring it for 5 years. In my opinion you only tour an album for that length, or a similar length if it's a huge album, something that everybody and their grandma digs... CD was not one of those albums, Good? definitely! Acclaimed / commercially successful...? not so much.

That album had about a year worth of touring in it, followed by a more nostalgia based tour with select CD songs thrown into the set... 2011 (working from the idea that he should have toured it in 2008) should have been studio time wrapping album #2 for GnR 2.0. Instead we got some of the poorest performances from Axl in his performing history.... Almost everything from 2011 - present has been well below expectations, a couple of good shows sprinkled in but overall? No thanks! And GnR are my favourite band, and I'll defend them on almost anything, but the performances and lack of new music are un-defendable.

I've said this a few months back, and it falls in line to what Bono's saying, so I'll say it again. People that say Chinese Democracy is the best album ever, or even just the best gnr album ever are full of shit. I do believe there are people who like it more than others for different reasons, but nobody truly believes with sincerity in their hearts that this is Axl Rose at his very best. No-fucking-body. I would honestly bet every last dime to my fucking name for polygraphs that correlate with this. They're either shitting us, themselves or both. Whether it's because they want to believe all the time they invested to the wonder was worth it or because they invested way too much into the "Axl vs Slash" clusterfuck, is anybody's guess. But I firmly believe that just as there were people out there who were gonna shit on the album no matter what, there was just as many people who were gonna love it to the high heavens no matter what as well. And these are the people who swear up and down the album was Godsent.

And then there were the objective people who saw it, well, objectively.

I mean, I'm not even one of those people who thinks something solid like There Was a Time or Better are inferior to prom date mistakes like So Fine and Shotgun Blues. But no true blue gnr fan in their right minds (and I do heavily emphasize "right mind" here) truly and genuinely believes CD has more replay value than Appetie and the UYIs as wholes. C'mon son.

Dude, shut up... Why are you making up so much bullshit?

This poll clearly states that a lot of people think CD doesn't suck, which basically mean a lot of people LIKE the goddamn thing. Nowhere in the poll or in the comments suggest that people who actually like or love CD think it is better than AFD, Lies or the Illusions or that it is the best GNR album out there. I haven't read one single person here saying such thing.

"Objective people who saw it objectively"... Do you have a fucking clue about art? There's no objectivity in art!!!

Why can't you accept there are people who actually like/love the album just like there are people who love pop music, eating snakes, reading instead of watching TV or adding mayonese to the pizza toppings??

I don't know if CD is Axl at his very best, is there such thing? I think Axl is Axl in every GNR album... He's amazing in Estranged and not so good on Shotgun Blues or My World. And those three songs belong to the same album. So fucking what?

I love CD because it's a different approach from an artist I have admired for decades. It's fresh music (compared to what was released in the 80's and 90's). It's Axl in a different light. However, Old Axl is still there in songs like SOD, Madagascar, TWAT, Catcher... I don't know what's the fucking problem with him making different music and evolving. Maybe you are the person who has a problem with evolution and you want everybody to be stuck in the past just like you are.

A true GNR fan appreciates the art they are given with a right mind and doesn't go ape saying people must be crazy for liking the latest work the artist has delivered. In the end it's just music and it's pretty retarded and ridiculous that you suggest there are people out there "scheming" things regarding how they force themselves to like CD, as if people had time to think of such retorted bullshit.

CD is not a piece of shit. It is not the best GNR album ever either, but neither are AFD or Lies or the Illusions. They are all so different that it is a bless we can appreciate the band and each incarnation of it in 6 different albums.

Axl is a great singer and he will always deliver cool music, so it's impossible that CD is a disaster. It will never be a disaster with songs like Madagascar, Better, SOD, TWAT, Prostitute, Shackler's and Catcher.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but the whole "a true GnR" thing doesn't work for me. I don't think you're any less a fan of a band because you like one album and hate another. A lot of people like things a certain way, and that's fine! the other half don't mind some change, and they're willing to try it out. I'm of the persuasion that I like for bands to grow, to take a risk... anything but rest on their laurels. Certain bands can and do it, and they've had a consistent following who have bought each record, others like guns or Metallica have taken risks and lost fans in doing so, but I respect any hugely successful band that has enough belief in what they do to make a change from a winning formula. Guns could have made AFD II (or a watered down version), instead they changed direction on UYI I & II, Axl could have made an easy listening hard rock album to appeal to casual fans and rock radio... he chose to make the record he wanted to make regardless. Just like Metallica could have made ...And justice II but decided it was time to change things... the only difference is that they made the biggest album of their career and Guns declined (after UYI) commercially.