John Corabi (ex Motley Crue singer) joins The Dead Daisies for their 2nd album-Revolucion(due out 6/1/15)

If Stevens was unable to tour due to legal problems, why is Corabi in the studio with TDD? Also Crabby is listed in the press release for the upcoming KISS/TDD Austrailian shows in October.

I like Corabi. I liked The Scream when they were about back in the day. The guy has a nice voice

Outlaw from Let It Scream kicks ass. Crabby sometimes plays that these days along with Father, Mother, Son and Man In The Moon. That album got him the Motley Crue gig as Nikki Sixx was into it.

If Stevens was unable to tour due to legal problems, why is Corabi in the studio with TDD? Also Crabby is listed in the press release for the upcoming KISS/TDD Austrailian shows in October.

Maybe they have dropped him from the band. Didn't want to be associated with someone who allegedly assaulted a woman. It's appearing more likely that he IS out, though. It's strange they haven't made a statement.

Maybe they have dropped him from the band. Didn't want to be associated with someone who allegedly assaulted a woman. It's appearing more likely that he IS out, though. It's strange they haven't made a statement.
There are many comments on TDD's Facebook page asking what's going on with Stevens.I only know him as the singer of the fake INXS but apparently the guy does have fans. It does seem strange to not make an announcement about the status of Stevens yet Crabby is listed in the press release for shows that are seven months away. Edited by xGNRxSTARx

http://thedeaddaisies.com/line-up/

John Corabi was already an established singer in the rock world with bands like Angora and Scream before he joined Motley Crue in 1992 as their new lead singer. He recorded the critically acclaimed self titled album before Vince Neil returned in 1996.

John would go on to play with ex-Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulicks band Union as well as playing in current Kiss drummer Eric Singers solo project. More recently he has played guitar with LA rockers Ratt as well as touring and recording as a solo artist.

http://thedeaddaisies.com/bands-thoughts-cuba/

Wow, Cuba!!!! I had an amazing time. Every person I met was so fantastic! Whether it be the bartender at the studio or hotel, Government people, or the musicians themselves everyone was truly beautiful to us all! All of the musicians I met were so dedicated to what they do, and just LOVE music entirely. I hope to be able to go again to play, and I’ve already told my wife we MUST go visit together as tourists!!!

A94A9402-1024x909.jpg

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-03-20/john-corabi-joins-dead-daisies-for-album-no-2

1280x720.jpg

Former Motley Crue singer John Corbabi has joined supergroup The Dead Daisies for their second album, Revolucion.

He’ll front the band, which will feature Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne drummer Tommy Clufetos, for their European tour supporting Kiss.

They extended an invitation to him after he appeared with them at a peace concert in Cuba, where writing sessions began. Recording is now underway in Australia, with the release planned for June 1 via INgrooves.

Corabi says: “The Dead Daisies have been an absolute blast for me so far. The guys are all great musicians, and also incredibly easy to work with.”

Keyboardist Dizzy Reed adds: “John loves deep-sea shark fishing. Passionate about it. He’s also a whizz with a motorcycle helmet and baseball bat. We are making a new record together. It’s gonna rock!”

The revolving lineup’s studio outfit is completed by guitarists Richard Fortus and David Lowy, bassist Marco Mendoza and drummer Jackie Barnes. They appear alongside Kiss at 12 European shows and also at this year’s Download festival on June 12-14.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

There are many comments on TDD's Facebook page asking what's going on with Stevens.I only know him as the singer of the fake INXS but apparently the guy does have fans. It does seem strange to not make an announcement about the status of Stevens yet Crabby is listed in the press release for shows that are seven months away.

What does "fake INXS" mean?

Does that band tour without original members? If so, how many are new and how many are original?

There are many comments on TDD's Facebook page asking what's going on with Stevens.I only know him as the singer of the fake INXS but apparently the guy does have fans. It does seem strange to not make an announcement about the status of Stevens yet Crabby is listed in the press release for shows that are seven months away.

Does that band tour without original members? If so, how many are new and how many are original?

I am in no position to INXS-educate anyone but to me it seems like Michael Hutchence was INXS. He may very well have not written many songs but I think to most people he was the face of the band. I don't think they were very popular without him and I had no interest in seeing them once he was gone.

I'm guessing your question was more of a reference/comparison about who is touring as GN'R these days?

I am in no position to INXS-educate anyone but to me it seems like Michael Hutchence was INXS. He may very well have not written many songs but I think to most people he was the face of the band. I don't think they were very popular without him and I had no interest in seeing them once he was gone.

I'm guessing your question was more of a reference/comparison about who is touring as GN'R these days?

Both.

I'm not a fan of that band at all. I don't know who tours now or how many founding members were in it still.

And yea, it was interesting to see somebody on this forum call another band fake.

I wasn't trying to be a wise guy. I don't know anything about INXS in 2015

Both.

I'm not a fan of that band at all. I don't know who tours now or how many founding members were in it still.

And yea, it was interesting to see somebody on this forum call another band fake.

I wasn't trying to be a wise guy. I don't know anything about INXS in 2015

INXS-educate :rofl-lol:

INXS claim to have broken up for good maybe 2 years ago now.

Besides the various singers, the musicians in the band never changed.

From what I remember Stevens left because the band would not let him contribute to the songwriting process.

the dead daisies are ONLY around because the guitarist mr lowe has enough of daddys cash to keep it together..

stevens who until recently was boyfriend of jodhi meares who happens to be great friends of the lowe family.

stevens had broken up with her and now he's no longer the singer..

lowe is a mediocre guitarist, he has no chops.. he's like a generic amateur trying to live out his fantasies with daddys cash.

Actualy if you read in to mr lowe's work. He's a bit more then just relying on daddy'a money he is an acountant for fhe fam bussines and he has worked close to home. Now he is doing what he loves. Making music. Still he operates within his fam company but on a low scale acountanf for his close relativss if not mistaken.

• Like 1

Kinda sucks...I really liked Jon Stevens in that band.

Will still check out that second album but oh well...

Regarding the David Lowe thing : regardless of why and how he created the Dead Daisies with Jon Stevens, I still think the man can play.

He plays most of the guitars on the debut album and the riffs and lead parts are good for the most part.

He's...y'know...better than Dj Ashba... :ph34r:

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

Do the Dead Daisies even have a lineup? Jesus... It seems there are constantly new singers, bassists, drummers, etc. Who is the core band?

I think Fortus, Dizzy and the Guitarist/Founding member, David Lowy are the core members. There have been a few different drummers/bassists.

I asked on Metal Sludge how this virtually unknown band could get on such high profile tours (Def Leppard/KISS, Bad Company) and afford to fly in private jets?! Someone said that this Lowy guy is a millionaire and is funding the operation. Either way I say good for Dizzy and Richard.I hope Corabi has joined as he deserves the chance to play for bigger audiences.

David Lowy is the son of Frank Lowy (founder of the Westfield group).

Worth several billion. ;)

http://www.smh.com.au/national/lowy-hits-road-from-westfield-to-left-field-20130823-2sh5c.html

Richard knows how to follow the money.

• 5 weeks later...
http://thedeaddaisies.com/john-corabi-joins-dead-daisies/ John Corabi joins The Dead Daisies

Following the successful visit to Cuba, John Corabi will now join The Dead Daisies as their lead singer. John is an established international artist, both as a solo performer and front man, and has been a member of Mötley Crüe, Union, Angora and Scream.

Jon Stevens will no longer be the lead singer of The Dead Daisies. We thank him for his contribution during his time with The Dead Daisies and wish him well in his future endeavors.

TheDeadDaisies-2015-Color.jpg

• Like 1

Do the Dead Daisies even have a lineup? Jesus... It seems there are constantly new singers, bassists, drummers, etc. Who is the core band?

I think Fortus, Dizzy and the Guitarist/Founding member, David Lowy are the core members. There have been a few different drummers/bassists.

I asked on Metal Sludge how this virtually unknown band could get on such high profile tours (Def Leppard/KISS, Bad Company) and afford to fly in private jets?! Someone said that this Lowy guy is a millionaire and is funding the operation. Either way I say good for Dizzy and Richard.I hope Corabi has joined as he deserves the chance to play for bigger audiences.

David Lowy is the son of Frank Lowy (founder of the Westfield group).

Worth several billion. ;)

http://www.smh.com.au/national/lowy-hits-road-from-westfield-to-left-field-20130823-2sh5c.html

It's like Art Of Anarchy, I don't know what their names are, but the twin brothers have a lot of money to spend.

I love Corabi and will listen to any band that he is involved in.

And lol at people criticizing a guy for spending family money to live out a dream.

If your parents were billionaires would you be going to the office for 40 hours a week..........or would you be having fun and living out your dream (whatever that might be).