John Corabi (ex Motley Crue singer) joins The Dead Daisies for their 2nd album-Revolucion(due out 6/1/15)

I'm a huge fan of John Corabi and this week he was with The Dead Daisies in Cuba. Does anyone know if he's joined the band? It seems to be that the Dasies have a core group of musicians but rotate others as time goes by. I think Crabby blows away Jon Stevens vocally and he's also a pretty accomplished guitarist/songwriter.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Do the Dead Daisies even have a lineup? Jesus... It seems there are constantly new singers, bassists, drummers, etc. Who is the core band?

I think Fortus, Dizzy and the Guitarist/Founding member, David Lowy are the core members. There have been a few different drummers/bassists.

I asked on Metal Sludge how this virtually unknown band could get on such high profile tours (Def Leppard/KISS, Bad Company) and afford to fly in private jets?! Someone said that this Lowy guy is a millionaire and is funding the operation. Either way I say good for Dizzy and Richard.I hope Corabi has joined as he deserves the chance to play for bigger audiences.

Read yesterday that he's in talks with Mick Mars to record an album together

Would be cool, but Mick can't even manage to record a farewell album with MC...

Corabi is a fucking great singer/songwriter and should be ideal for Slash

If he joined the daisies that is also cool

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Jon Stevens has always been the singer, and according to Wikipedia was a founding member with Lowy. He has been having legal trouble of late, so that may explain why he wasn't on this tour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2962848/Jon-Stevens-desperate-call-police-following-explosive-row-hysterical-fianc-e-Jodhi-Meares-Point-Piper-apartment-earlier-month.html

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of John Corabi and this week he was with The Dead Daisies in Cuba. Does anyone know if he's joined the band? It seems to be that the Dasies have a core group of musicians but rotate others as time goes by. I think Crabby blows away Jon Stevens vocally and he's also a pretty accomplished guitarist/songwriter.

Corabi is awesome. Guy should be way more famous than he is. The second half of driftaway is better than anything Vince has ever sang.

Edited by Apollo

Corabi is awesome. Guy should be way more famous than he is. The second half of driftaway is better than anything Vince has ever sang.

I don't think many would argue that Corabi isn't 10 times the musician that Neil is but it really didn't matter who took over for Vince,it just wasn't gonna work. If Crabby is indeed in the Daisies,I'd be ten times more likely to see them. I just saw Corabi a few weeks ago in Toronto playing the entire Motley Crue 94 album live and I was shocked that there were a few hundred people there though Crabby played as if there were 10,000. Here is one of my favorite Corabi songs from back when he was with UNION. You'll notice that ex-KISS Guitarist Bruce Kulick was in this band as well as current SLASH Drummer Brent Fitz. It's hard to believe this was 15 years ago!

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Do the Dead Daisies even have a lineup? Jesus... It seems there are constantly new singers, bassists, drummers, etc. Who is the core band?

I think Fortus, Dizzy and the Guitarist/Founding member, David Lowy are the core members. There have been a few different drummers/bassists.

I asked on Metal Sludge how this virtually unknown band could get on such high profile tours (Def Leppard/KISS, Bad Company) and afford to fly in private jets?! Someone said that this Lowy guy is a millionaire and is funding the operation. Either way I say good for Dizzy and Richard.I hope Corabi has joined as he deserves the chance to play for bigger audiences.

Interesting.

I saw them a few years back at Uproar fest and they were AWESOME live. The first record was a big let down, though

The Dead Dasies (according to a Tech on Metal Sludge) are going to be on the upcoming Def Leppard cruise in January. Now I know that Dizzy and Richard could be replaced in TDD if they had GNR commitments but I'd bet they asked the boss before taking the gig.

David Lowy is the son of Frank Lowy (founder of the Westfield group).

Worth several billion. ;)

http://www.smh.com.au/national/lowy-hits-road-from-westfield-to-left-field-20130823-2sh5c.html

I've been a huge fan of Jon Stevens since 1991 (when I first got into GN'R). Brilliant singer. I hope he re-joins the DD, not the same for me. DD are superb live.

I agree. I've seen him twice with Noiseworks live and he is a great front man, too. Great to watch.

• Like 1