New Bumblefoot interview: "I Couldn't Wait Any Longer To Release This Record"

I'm sure we'll hear another couple of GnR records.... I don't get why everyone thinks that we'll never hear anything new again.

We know there's atleast 2 other albums worth of stuff, we know Axl has written more since, we know the band has written more since. It seems to be that Axl doesn't want to put the energy into getting everyone together to record the damn thing....

OR, there's another possibility.... He could very well be working on the next album exactly like he worked on CD, he could, for all we know, be spending days on end in the studio with different producers working on the final version of the next album and he's just keeping it on the down low to avoid the build up that CD had, which also caused it's downfall....

Think about it, EVERYONE besides Dj recorded stuff during the CD session, we know that. There's no need to have them rerecord stuff. Dj probably recorded stuff when he joined in 2009. There's no need to record anything if that's the case. Everyone seems to agree that there is a large amount of completed songs which just have to be sorted through. The CD era seems to be over at this point, which means it's time for a new era, which opens the door for a new album. Axl seems happy with his life, I doubt he's giving up on putting out a new album. My guess would be we'll have a new album within the next 2 years of CD era stuff, then maybe another 3-5 years down the road an album of stuff from the current lineup.

Round 1 is over after 20 fucking years.... The current lineup is actually somewhat respected by the general public, now is the time.

Hopefully you are correct.

After a decade though, I'm not sure what "completed songs must be sorted through" at this point. I would bet that if Axl emailed you or I the best 40 songs he has in the vault, in 48 hours we could send him back the 15 songs that should go on an album this summer, the 15 songs to put on a 2017 album and what 10 songs should be discarded, reworked or used as B-sides.

I can't help but wonder whether he'd have the energy to go out and promote a new album - interviews, music videos etc. Especially seeing how hard it is apparently to do something that other bands so so simply.

Or he should drop the damn band name.

He should just do listening parties of unreleased ChiDem cuts. Free to fan club members, 50 bucks to non-fan club members.. Axl can show up, sign stuff, do some racanteuring for an hour, have Pitman do his DJ set, and anyone else from GNR that wanted to show up and hang out. Bring a bunch of unsold merch from storage and sell it off cheap.

Slash's Snakepit all over again, it seems.

I hope you're also talking about the "GN'Rness" of the songs :lol:

No wonder why Axl didn't want to work those songs ... :P

Those Snakepit songs would have made a great GNR album with everyones creative input. Plus whatever songs Axl had at the time. And supposedly Izzy was workin with the band again in the studio. Both Axl and Slash were too stubborn for their own good....Bumblefoots songs, eeeh not so much.

Edited by ChineseIRS
  • Like 1

I can't help but wonder whether he'd have the energy to go out and promote a new album - interviews, music videos etc. Especially seeing how hard it is apparently to do something that other bands so so simply.

Or he should drop the damn band name.

I don't see why he wouldn't. They've been touring steady since 2009 now.

The only logical explanation I can think of why Axl hasn't put anything out yet is that he's stuck on what songs to put on the next album or he's sitting in a studio somewhere tinkering with them. Axl said repeatedly in 2002 and even in the chats he did after CD came out that more music was going to come out. He said it last year when he did an interview, everyone in the band is agreeing that more music is in the works. Why wouldn't we get another record?

I don't buy the "Axl is giving up on the bands/his ability to put out an album" thoughts. If that was the case, he wouldn't tour with this band and would've either retired or put together a band that he felt could.

^^^ So you dont understand why people are of the opinion we wont get another album when current established band members are walking out on Axl because they are sick and tired of nothing happening? hmmm ok then.

Axl could have a 1000 songs, but how long is long enough in terms of waiting for something to happen? The guy is 50+ now.. not in great shape and doesnt move very quick on anything. Established band members have walked out one after another and we've got 1 album in 20+ years and a lead singer who doesnt talk to his fans to at least try and set the record partially straight on anything.

Oh... and im an Axl fan, but thems the facts.

Touring doesnt mean Axl isnt lazy... when youve done it a billion times, and everything is the same as the last time u did it.. its not that hard to sort out.

The real work is creating something new.. and getting it out. Then promoting it. Something that Axl has done once (again partially) since the old band broke up.

As someone else said... Axl is caught in a tough place now.. he must have some serious confidence issues in regards to trusting anything that could/would be released after the largely negative reaction of CD.

• Like 3

^^^ So you dont understand why people are of the opinion we wont get another album when current established band members are walking out on Axl because they are sick and tired of nothing happening? hmmm ok then.

Axl could have a 1000 songs, but how long is long enough in terms of waiting for something to happen? The guy is 50+ now.. not in great shape and doesnt move very quick on anything. Established band members have walked out one after another and we've got 1 album in 20+ years and a lead singer who doesnt talk to his fans to at least try and set the record partially straight on anything.

Oh... and im an Axl fan, but thems the facts.

Touring doesnt mean Axl isnt lazy... when youve done it a billion times, and everything is the same as the last time u did it.. its not that hard to sort out.

The real work is creating something new.. and getting it out. Then promoting it. Something that Axl has done once (again partially) since the old band broke up.

As someone else said... Axl is caught in a tough place now.. he must have some serious confidence issues in regards to trusting anything that could/would be released after the largely negative reaction of CD.

He is going to release it on his own terms while he is alive.

Maybe Axl is trying to make enough material to replace the vacant spot CDII will leave in the vault. Kind of as a counter empty nest syndrome measure. So we're not waiting on CDII really but whatever is beyond that lol.

There's not really much pressure on CDII, tbh. Fans are going to be happy with whatever. I think this time around the critics could be more receptive, even. Reviews for CD weren't terrible, it has a 6.7 or w/e on Metacritic. Sales are going to drop no matter what though, unless he does a duet with Taylor Swift or something. If Axl would actually get behind it and do the media rounds, etc, then I think it could potentially surprise some people with how well it does. GnR is a sleeping giant ( get your jabs in lol ) in a lot of ways, Axl's mysterious / reclusive nature has become something of a detriment at this point, if he's going to release an album he needs to at least remind people he's still alive.

Edited by jbhutto
  • Like 2

"Axl didn't want to work on those songs" is factually incorrect. He wanted to work on some of them. He even wanted Slash to work on some CD songs.

Snakepit had potential, not all songs were good enough to be in a GN'R record, but some of them with Axl's input could have turned out really great. Axl was already working on 'Back and Forth Again'.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Without a catalyst or major influential cause i have seen arguments suggest we might never see a new record.

Seems that both the illusions and chinese had factors pressuring a release.

Illusions - other band member influence/pressure

Chinese - skwerl leaks and azoff

What will influence a new release?

Just an idea but I guess it makes sense

It will be out before 2020, Axl can do whatever he wants and yeah I agree its his life, but he should really stop using the GNR name, he has already tarnished it, the whole band has become a big joke now, the current members dont even care, they are making music for their own bands, only Ashba is sucking up to Axl

The conclusion is that Axl is a very hard person to deal with, Its sad that some people put all the blame on the former members and not Axl, like really man? everyone is wrong and only Axl is correct?

I really dont get it, when there is already so much stuff recorded, just go in the studio to master it and then release it? I really don't understand that why the hell Axl loves to delay things

I just don't know how people can keep defending Axl (and I'm not saying people are here, I'm just saying in general). He gets these musicians, and keeps them held as prisoners. These excellent musicians. You have Buckethead, you have Fortus, you have Finck, you have Bumble who I even grew to like in the 10 years he was with this band. You have these more than capable musicians who would love to make a mark with this band and move it into a new direction. And they just simply can't. All at the hand of one Mr. Axl Rose. And for whatever reason it is that he just can't and doesn't move this brand forward. Its the saddest thing ever. These guys are musicians. They just want to make music. I don't know what Axl's goal is (world domination?) but clearly it isn't that. Its so evident going all the way back to Snakepit, where Slash was just like "fuck, I wanna make some songs man." To me, its amazing how articulate and level headed these members are that leave, and people STILL stick with Axl. Its just really unfathomable. He does everything he can to pretty much make you hate him, yet he still has a very loyal fanbase. Either they're delusional, or he was just THAT good in 87-93 that people are willing to see if he'll ever make that kind of comeback. Probably a little of both.

Axl fans are Axl fans because he's one of the best rock frontmen of all time. This is probably the same reason he was able to lure so many great musicians into his 'band'.

Fucking look at that hype and tell me you wouldn't want to be a part of it if you were a no name guitar player.

I just don't know how people can keep defending Axl (and I'm not saying people are here, I'm just saying in general). He gets these musicians, and keeps them held as prisoners. These excellent musicians. You have Buckethead, you have Fortus, you have Finck, you have Bumble who I even grew to like in the 10 years he was with this band. You have these more than capable musicians who would love to make a mark with this band and move it into a new direction. And they just simply can't. All at the hand of one Mr. Axl Rose. And for whatever reason it is that he just can't and doesn't move this brand forward. Its the saddest thing ever. These guys are musicians. They just want to make music. I don't know what Axl's goal is (world domination?) but clearly it isn't that. Its so evident going all the way back to Snakepit, where Slash was just like "fuck, I wanna make some songs man." To me, its amazing how articulate and level headed these members are that leave, and people STILL stick with Axl. Its just really unfathomable. He does everything he can to pretty much make you hate him, yet he still has a very loyal fanbase. Either they're delusional, or he was just THAT good in 87-93 that people are willing to see if he'll ever make that kind of comeback. Probably a little of both.

Axl fans are Axl fans because he's one of the best rock frontmen of all time. This is probably the same reason he was able to lure so many great musicians into his 'band'.

Fucking look at that hype and tell me you wouldn't want to be a part of it if you were a no name guitar player.

That's almost 10 years ago. Take a look at Appetite For Democracy and tell me you WOULD want to be a part of it.

Flawed logic.

I'm not a musician but as a rational human being, I would say that there's nothing more humiliating than being recognized for somebody else's work. Sure, they all knew that being in Axl's band came with a background but I sincerely think they had to make a name for themselves, work on their own music to get that 'hype' for material they wrote. I wouldn't like to be a guitar player getting people crazy just because all I do is replicate what Slash or Izzy high off their asses wrote 20 years ago. :shrugs:

Axl needs to realize that AFD type of sales/success is never going to happen again. It's impossible with the industry being what it has become. He should just release as much good new music as he possibly can. Before it's too late...

I am fearing now that Axl really just doesn't care anymore. Is he even into music anymore? What does he do all day? Maybe he's basically retired without making an announcement. That would really, really suck. If this is the case, I really hope he realizes that he has an amazing natural gift that he needs to give more of to the world...

"Axl didn't want to work on those songs" is factually incorrect. He wanted to work on some of them. He even wanted Slash to work on some CD songs.

Snakepit had potential, not all songs were good enough to be in a GN'R record, but some of them with Axl's input could have turned out really great. Axl was already working on 'Back and Forth Again'.

Sshhh - don't confuse Gunner PT with facts.

She likes to revise GnR history to make it suit her agenda.

She lol

agenda lol

I was talking about BBF and joking around because Nosaj was, somehow, putting Snakepit and BBF at the same box.

Stop stalking me.

She lol

agenda lol

I was talking about BBF and joking around because Nosaj was, somehow, putting Snakepit and BBF at the same box.

Stop stalking me.

How do you stalk somebody on a rock forum? There are about six active topics. Anybody who uses the word stalking on a forum should be banned. It is just an idiotic thing to say.

But how about you respond to the lies you said about Axl choosing to pass on the Snakepit album?

You are confusing things, sir ... you´re the liar, always trying to put your words in my mouth, saying that i said things that I never said.

Read my last post again and stop trying to make reality suit your agenda .... I was talking about BBF :facepalm:

Again .... stop stalking me ... do I have to "ignore" an adult on an internet forum in 2015? :facepalm:

Edited by GUNNER PT

That is a lie.

You seem to forget that people can look at what you have posted. Just like the Slash "class" comment.

I don't care if you put me on ignore. I come here to chat about GnR with other GnR fans. You can decide who you would like to talk with.

Just so I get this straight...,,,using your logic...,,,if I respond to one of your posts (on a FORUM) in one of the few active topics, them I'm stalking you, but if YOU respond to one of my posts..,,,using your logic..,,,,wouldn't that make you a stalker as well? Nos and Mags respond to most of my posts, are they stalking me?

Because English isn't your first language, maybe you have the wrong impression of the definition of stalker?

And you do realize forums would quickly die out if people didn't respond to other people's posts.....right?

But sure, go ahead!!! If putting me on ignore will keep you from getting angry on here, you should definitely do it. Life is too short to constantly be angry about what goes on in a rock forum!!!!

• Like 1

Lol @ you misquoting me and taking my posts out of the context ...

:popcorn:

That is a lie.
Edited by GUNNER PT