Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Say what you will about him, but Tom Cruise works his ass off in every movie he does. I have a ton of respect for his work ethic and like the majority of his films. He may be a weirdo, but at least he has talent.

MI3 and Ghost Protocol were great action movies. I have no doubt this will be great

• Like 1

Say what you will about him, but Tom Cruise works his ass off in every movie he does. I have a ton of respect for his work ethic and like the majority of his films. He may be a weirdo, but at least he has talent.

MI3 and Ghost Protocol were great action movies. I have no doubt this will be great

MI2 wasn't bad. Just dated John Woo but other than it was good. I thought the first one was the worse

MI2 wasn't bad. Just dated John Woo but other than it was good. I thought the first one was the worse

The first one is a totally different feel but I like it. It's more of an old school spy thriller than a modern action thriller but it has its moments.

The first one is a totally different feel but I like it. It's more of an old school spy thriller than a modern action thriller but it has its moments.

I probably would have liked it if I watched it back in the 90's. I never got a chance.

I never understood III.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems someone is spreading rumors that Tom Cruise is going to leave the Church of Scientology. As much as many of us would love that, it seems doubtful. My theory is that Paramount is so desperate to have a hit after the bomb that was Terminator 5, they want people to believe that Tom Cruise is going to leave Scientology so he can see his daughter Suri. That way the people will think Tom must not be that bad after all and go see Rogue Nation.

It seems someone is spreading rumors that Tom Cruise is going to leave the Church of Scientology. As much as many of us would love that, it seems doubtful. My theory is that Paramount is so desperate to have a hit after the bomb that was Terminator 5, they want people to believe that Tom Cruise is going to leave Scientology so he can see his daughter Suri. That way the people will think Tom must not be that bad after all and go see Rogue Nation.

I don't think they're quite that desperate. I do think it's likely that post-Going Clear, Cruise may have taken a step back to re-evaluate everything and ask for more answers.

Cruise isn't the sharpest guy in the world, which is why he was taken advantage of so easily by Miscavage; but I think he's someone who does like to be made aware of things (you can sense this in his interviews, like the one for Inside the Actor's Studio, or just his working relationships and his relationships with filmmakers), and I don't think he's evil. I don't think he saw as much going on as the documentary would like you to believe; sure, he probably didn't want to acknowledge certain things, or allowed himself to believe lies at certain points, but I don't think he's a willing cohort. I could very well see him reacting strongly to the documentary's claims and pushing Miscavage for answers and being unsatisfied with the responses. The stuff with his daughter could have only added fire to all this.

However, this is totally speculation and I could be 100% wrong.

The previews looks awesome.

Doesn't Tom Cruise say "this might be our last mission" in every MI movie?

Anyway, yeah, in real life Tom is a weirdo, but his acting is awesome.

The author of that article is notorious. I'm not sure i believe him any more than i believe tabloids reporting he's leaving the religion.

Saw the HBO special on Scientology. Don't understand why anyone with a brain would support this group? It showed them catering to Tom's every need, but can't he have that without this crazy so called religion? Don't understand anyone who lets people invade your life this way. It's just crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

The previews looks awesome.

Doesn't Tom Cruise say "this might be our last mission" in every MI movie?

Anyway, yeah, in real life Tom is a weirdo, but his acting is awesome.

Maybe he's a weirdo but apprently also one of the nicest guys in Hollywood so..........

• Like 1

Cruise will react how anyone would react if you talk shit to him. Richard Harris a known hellraiser said the only difference between him and Cruise that he would hold a bottle of vodka in hand and Cruise would hold Avian water. Maybe he meant that as insult, but Cruise was a guy who just wore his feelings on his sleeve.

Anyway, Rogue Nation is going to perform as expected. Slow start and pick up every weekend.