Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

15 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I've always really disliked that song. For me it's the moment where Pac crossed the line and went WAY beyond too far and made me think he was actually unhinged by that point. He was always going to get taken out by someone not long after that, it's like the bloke had a death wish, such a waste. Ice-T called it right IMO when he said he hated it. Horrible record.

5 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I've always really disliked that song. For me it's the moment where Pac crossed the line and went WAY beyond too far and made me think he was actually unhinged by that point. He was always going to get taken out by someone not long after that, it's like the bloke had a death wish, such a waste. Ice-T called it right IMO when he said he hated it. Horrible record.

idk all that crap and i don't care. just a song dude just a song...i will not be one who sits around smoking pot or whatever and dissecting every little thing that happened MANY years ago. i like it...you don't. that's about it in my book *shrugs*

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

3 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Disagree 100%. I have many reasons why but I'll try and keep it to a couple.

#1. To quote Pac. "I'm wrong? I'm the bad guy? Them motherfuckers tried to kill me. They shot me in the fucking head. They tried to blow my balls off. But I'm wrong. I'm the bad guy." Pretty self explanatory.

#2. Rap has always been a violent art form from the very beginning. Sometimes gritty and ugly and realistic. I have no idea how anyone can draw a line in rap and say, oh, that's too much, that's crossing the line. Biggie made many many songs about killing and shooting. Hell in one of those songs you posted, Hypnotize, he's talking about being on trial and kidnapping the plaintiff's daughter to get off a charge. Any of that cross the line or that's just rap? If it's just rap, why is Hit Em Up something different? Diss tracks, battle rap, throwing threats at the opposition, been around since the beginning. Pac just took it to another level. Things had gotten personal by that point, that's what happens when things get personal. I'd call it the greatest diss track of all time. Poor Biggie, it's cool to make songs like Somebody Got To Die, N!ggaz Bleed, and Gimme the Loot, but make a song threatening him? Now that's just too much?

And I have no idea how he was a waste. Let's look at his career.

5 multi-platinum albums. All considered classics. A couple make the case for best rap album ever.

3 major motion pictures he starred in(released before he died)

1 book of poetry

Is in every list as one of if the greatest rapper of all time. Even people who hate him rate him that high.

Became a hero to a whole generation of young people. There's a certain age group of the black community, they don't put him with Biggie and Snoop or Nas, they put him with Malcom X and shit. They live by his words. 

He did that by age 25. He did more than many people who lived three times his age. That's the exact opposite of waste, that's absolutely making every day count.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Pac just took it to another level.

...and then they both got smoked shortly afterwards. Not gonna discount the rest of your post as I agree with a lot of it but that record was totally unnecessary IMO and basically led to the end of that era.  Obviously, it adds to the notoriety of the whole thing, similar to when Norwegian black metallers were running around burning churches down and killing each other in the mid 90s and I realise that a lot of people love all that 'realness' but Pac openly making multiple threats to kill rival rappers was, for me, reckless and insane. A waste as in his legacy could have been even greater than it already is., which is still as one of the best rappers of all time.

Edited by bucketfoot

21 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

...and then they both got smoked shortly afterwards. Not gonna discount the rest of your post as I agree with a lot of it but that record was totally unnecessary IMO and basically led to the end of that era.  Obviously, it adds to the notoriety of the whole thing, similar to when Norwegian black metallers were running around burning churches down and killing each other in the mid 90s and I realise that a lot of people love all that 'realness' but Pac openly making multiple threats to kill rival rappers was, for me, reckless and insane. A waste as in his legacy could have been even greater than it already is., which is still as one of the best rappers of all time.

Still disagree but it's all good. I'll just say this, you're talking about him making multiple threats to kill people, my man was set up and robbed and shot 5 times. That's no threats and no talking shit, that's trying to literally kill someone. I'd say the violence started before him. He was pretty much in reaction mode. It's one of those things where, the real culprits, the ones who really started everything, they don't get talked about since most of it was done in the dark. Pac was the one who put it out there for everyone, so his reaction gets the attention. I promise you, he didn't start shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Still disagree but it's all good. I'll just say this, you're talking about him making multiple threats to kill people, my man was set up and robbed and shot 5 times. That's no threats and no talking shit, that's trying to literally kill someone. I'd say the violence started before him. He was pretty much in reaction mode. It's one of those things where, the real culprits, the ones who really started everything, they don't get talked about since most of it was done in the dark. Pac was the one who put it out there for everyone, so his reaction gets the attention. I promise you, he didn't start shit.

You probably know a lot more about the whole thing than me to be fair. Personally, I love both Pac and Biggie equally.

• Like 1

More line crossing.

"Us, the first to bust, who do ya trust, out for Mobb Deep and Jay Z dead in the dust,

I told you punks that I was after Biggie, you got involved now we bout to bust on all yall, we goin all out!"

"If you a bad boy, then you die, west side outlawz when we ride, get me high,

they fucked up when they robbed me, put another contract on Mobb Deep, runnin on E"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J Dog said:

More line crossing.

"Us, the first to bust, who do ya trust, out for Mobb Deep and Jay Z dead in the dust,

I told you punks that I was after Biggie, you got involved now we bout to bust on all yall, we goin all out!"

"If you a bad boy, then you die, west side outlawz when we ride, get me high,

they fucked up when they robbed me, put another contract on Mobb Deep, runnin on E"

wish they'd gotten Biggie first or at least that Pac had better security, dangggggggg...

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

It's pretty much understood now (and was pointed out in DonKilluminati) that Jimmy Henchman set the whole thing up, his issue with BIG and them was how can it be your town and you not know.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

wish they'd gotten Biggie first or at least that Pac had better security, dangggggggg...

I definitely don't wish they'd gotten Biggie first, or at all for that matter. The man was a rap god and hugely important to hip hop. Not to mention one of my favorite rappers. I'd never wish death on that man. Or any man really.

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It's pretty much understood now (and was pointed out in DonKilluminati) that Jimmy Henchman set the whole thing up, his issue with BIG and them was how can it be your town and you not know.  

He said that from the beginning. To make it worse, while he's in prison they release Who Shot Ya? out the blue for no good reason. Then when questioned about it being about Pac, Puffy and Biggie do the whole, oh no that's an old song, total coincidence, why would you think we were talking about Pac? We love Pac, see you when you get out homeboy! That's the one thing I put on Biggie and really hate he went along with that.

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

37 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you and i have not seen the same things the same way for a longgggggg time if EVER at all. not gonna stop me from speaking my mind so you can just deal with it.

22 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you and i have not seen the same things the same way for a longgggggg time if EVER at all. not gonna stop me from speaking my mind so you can just deal with it.

So, saying I didn't want someone to get killed and not wishing death on him is just, seeing things differently? Glad more people don't see things like you then.

Ask Len, since he's the only one here that knows his shit, if he'd wish they got Biggie first :lol: would love to see his reaction.

Just now, J Dog said:

So, saying I didn't want someone to get killed and not wishing death on him is just, seeing things differently? Glad more people don't see things like you then.

Ask Len, since he's the only one here that knows his shit, if he'd wish they got Biggie first :lol: would love to see his reaction.

really J? that's how desperate you are. smh...Len is so much smarter and cooler and nicer than you are but i am not gonna drag this ish in when he i and I message. geez ithoight i was done trying to explain simple things to you. YOUR man said 

More line crossing.

and really J don't you even get dark humor? well you never were good at catching humor of any sort, smh...

and why do you care? i mean i am done with you, you are done with me. i have made it clear i will post in this thread anytime i want! go back to ignoring me like your gf told ya to in the first place! *drops mic*

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

really J? that's how desperate you are. smh...Len is so much smarter and cooler and nicer than you are but i am not gonna drag this ish in when he i and I message. geez ithoight i was done trying to explain simple things to you. YOUR man said 

More line crossing.

and really J don't you even get dark humor? well you never were good at catching humor of any sort, smh...

and why do you care? i mean i am done with you, you are done with me. i have made it clear i will post in this thread anytime i want! go back to ignoring me like your gf told ya to in the first place! *drops mic*

:facepalm: