Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok ok i promise NO fried green tomatoes! never ever had them actually. what made me mad was this dude saying that this was a deal breaker in rap. hell i think it's sick as f*ck but if you are gonna listen to hours of let's get high, let's go kill people so we have the money to get high, let's go beat down little old ladies or whatever the eff don't judge one line! all those things are so not cool but don't you think there's kind of an unspoken covenant that if you wanna listen to rap you should not judge? i mean where is the line drawn really? 

Its a definite inconsistency but I'm as guilty of it as he is so what can i say :lol:. I guess context has a lot to do with it too, a lot of extreme things are said in shock value type songs where you kinda see it coming or expect it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Its a definite inconsistency but I'm as guilty of it as he is so what can i say :lol:. I guess context has a lot to do with it too, a lot of extreme things are said in shock value type songs where you kinda see it coming or expect it.

fair enough i guess. it just seems like anything goes in rap..idk. kinda burnt out on hip hop/rap at the moment anyway :)

13 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah. cos the rest of rap is so good and upstanding.i know let's go do a lot of drugs murder us some peeps rob some people murder some more. rinse and repeat. oh and talk about women like they are all POS only good to sex up then drop! yay! rap is what it is. let's not be hypocrites kk? 

Are you serious right now? That's what a lot of the story telling is. It's not gangsta to be homosexual, and I think that's what @J Dog meant. Go get a Vanilla Ice or Fat Boys album.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drtydane said:

Are you serious right now? That's what a lot of the story telling is. It's not gangsta to be homosexual, and I think that's what @J Dog meant. Go get a Vanilla Ice or Fat Boys album.

Hey hey, dont be dissin' Vanilla Ice now, shit, he invented gangsta! :lol:

'I needed to wear a diaper on that day'

:lol:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, drtydane said:

ok dirty dane person i'll make it easy...just ignore my posts as i will yours. Len did a much better job explaining it and was civil about it. peace.

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There's a certain strain of heterosexual though which, if i may be so bold as to speak on J's behalf as well as my own, just don't play that shit :lol:  Thats really a bold statement and I'm gonna look a right cunt if J disagrees but whatever.  It's not even a prejudice, it's just some shit just ain't in a persons DNA.  Like i don't like friedtomatoes, they make me feel physically ill, i ain't saying fried tomatoes should be eliminated from fuckin' existence or we should do some kinda fried tomato ethnic cleansing, they just ain't for me...same thing with guys fuckin', the thought of it, the idea, the visual, just makes my stomach turn.  I mean they can do it, go ahead, feel free, do it all day long, do it til you can't do it no more, I'm all for pursuit of happiness, I'm just sayin', out of a million things I'd like to see in front of me or have a mental visual of, thats probably bottom of the list.  But thats just my hang up, no ones saying they shouldn't do it, go for it :lol: 

Now i think about it thats a really odd thing for me to say considering how much William S Burroughs i read.

You're good on my behalf homie. You summed it up perfectly. 

I know it comes from Pryor, but to me it's just different coming from a comedian being funny, and one of the best rappers saying it on a fairly serious song. I'd call it cringeworthy. Can you see yourself with two friends at the bar and a pretty woman walks by....

friend 1 - damn she's fine.

friend 2 - yeah she's smokin hot. 

friend 3 - I'd suck her daddys dick!

friend 1 & 2 - dafuq?

:lol:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I must've missed something, guilty as me and inconsistent on what? 

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I must've missed something, guilty as me and inconsistent on what? 

Of finding the idea of Biggie smalls suckin' on someones Daddys dick unsettling and how that concept might leave one inconsistent in the sense of not being bothered by all manner of other fucked up shit espoused in rap songs, scroll back, its all there :lol:  But like i was saying, you kinda see crazy shit comin' in Eminem or NWA or whatever but that was kinda out of left field by Biggie Smalls...but then he did write Dead Wrong sooo... :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I dont think the experience converts anyone that aint, its not like a homo spa in there :lol:

omg you make me laugh so hard!! a homo spa!! :rofl-lol:

actually i watch a lot of those prison shows like inside Corcoran ( a VERY bad prison ) and there are some guys who do hook up. those who are in for life, have no gf visiting and what not. and i actually knew a guy who when he got out of prison ( he went in straight ) moved in with a gay man and considered himself gay ( yet he admitted to watching me swim in the pool and kinda came on to me :P )

sooooo... ;)

37 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Of finding the idea of Biggie smalls suckin' on someones Daddys dick unsettling and how that concept might leave one inconsistent in the sense of not being bothered by all manner of other fucked up shit espoused in rap songs, scroll back, its all there :lol:  But like i was saying, you kinda see crazy shit comin' in Eminem or NWA or whatever but that was kinda out of left field by Biggie Smalls...but then he did write Dead Wrong sooo... :lol:

Yeah I'm with ya on the Em thing. My goodness I've hear some stuff come out of Short Dog's mouth :lol:

The other stuff. I'm with you some. But the good shit, sometimes there's stuff that explains it? I don't think that's the right word but you'll get what I'm saying. Even if not front and center like a Pac or Nas, it's in the background. Sometimes you have to really listen, but you do that.

57 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Eminem and NWA i totally like and get and listen to. and i adore Pac. but some of the stuff posted here i just...don't. like how bad ass can ya be if you're just screaming about gats and tossing the N word around every other word. this song by Em i can relate to...especially don't shoot the messenger *shrugs*

oh and God this is poetry to me...

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Alright so it's not old skool but I love it!  Video could do with less Puffy though

There's a song on Life After Death, fuck I forget the name. RZA produced it, bad ass song, I can't even listen to it anymore cause the whole time Puffy is acting so stupid in the background. Skip him and all that Bad Boy stuff was hard. They were a little flashy tho.

Edited by J Dog

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

Yeah I'm with ya on the Em thing. My goodness I've hear some stuff come out of Short Dog's mouth :lol:

The other stuff. I'm with you some. But the good shit, sometimes there's stuff that explains it? I don't think that's the right word but you'll get what I'm saying. Even if not front and center like a Pac or Nas, it's in the background. Sometimes you have to really listen, but you do that.

NWA talkin about gang fucking the preachers 13 yr old daughter is probably about the most sinister I've come across, thats pretty dark...and Biggies kidnap kids fuck em in the ass throw em over the bridge one is one that often escapes people.  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

NWA talkin about gang fucking the preachers 13 yr old daughter is probably about the most sinister I've come across, thats pretty dark...and Biggies kidnap kids fuck em in the ass throw em over the bridge one is one that often escapes people.  

That 2nd NWA album was almost all shock value. What a difference Ice Cube made.

ODB comes to mind. To paraphrase Dirt McGirt....I'll stick you with a dirty needle, you might catch aids or something, now I ain't sayin I got it, but if I got it, now n!gga you got it!

16 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dont think the experience converts anyone that aint, its not like a homo spa in there :lol:

Speaking from experience no it isn't. The weak ones will take it for protection. And you'd better believe they are protected once they give it up to someone. I've never seen one up close tho. ?

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

That 2nd NWA album was almost all shock value. What a difference Ice Cube made.

ODB comes to mind. To paraphrase Dirt McGirt....I'll stick you with a dirty needle, you might catch aids or something, now I ain't sayin I got it, but if I got it, now n!gga you got it!

I love that hooray for tolerance! please album. 

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Hail Mary? Fuck her. I never knew her. I'd prolly screw her, and dump her body in the sewer. 

Ruthless!!

• Like 2