Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

ok this is weird. i have had this quote in my mind because they are using it in a cheesy Olive Garden or something commercial and i don't think they got it right  ( i had to recite it sophmore year in HS. ) so i googled it and this came up in that related to your search thing:

sorry if it's been posted already :)

Eazy did have a good ear for talent. Bone was good, even though after their first few albums they became more harmony than thugs. I like their first couple of albums though.

And Above the Law. I absolutely love them, super underrated.

Cold 187um claimed he came up with the g-funk before Dre. I call bullshit. I think they were just all around the studio at the same time since they were both on Ruthless Records, and there was just a bunch of sound and new production going on at the same time. They probably really all started it together. Warren G was working on the g-funk in Long Beach at the time. In any event, Cold 187um was a hell of a producer and he did nail the g-funk sound.

• Like 1

I'm listening to More Music from 8 Mile right now. That is probably the best compilation in hip hop history ever. It has introduced me to acts like Mobb Deep, Naughty by Nature or Wu Tang Clan.

On 4/1/2017 at 6:48 AM, Sosso said:

I'm listening to More Music from 8 Mile right now. That is probably the best compilation in hip hop history ever. It has introduced me to acts like Mobb Deep, Naughty by Nature or Wu Tang Clan.

Lot of good stuff on there. I'm not the biggest fan of Mobb Deep but that's more personal I guess, they have some good shit though. Lots of greatness is in this thread too, go ahead, look around, take what ya like and leave the rest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Lot of good stuff on there. I'm not the biggest fan of Mobb Deep but that's more personal I guess, they have some good shit though. Lots of greatness is in this thread too, go ahead, look around, take what ya like and leave the rest.

just be careful @Sosso i apparently post the not great stuff here :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

Juice is my favorite

Love Juice. Bishop - I am crazy, you know what else, I don't give a fuck. Partna! He said he didn't just get that part either, back then rappers being actors wasn't really a thing, so he had to do the whole audition thing with like 1,000 other actors. Talented as fuck.

Bangin soundtrack too

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1