Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

8 hours ago, J Dog said:

Speaking of words to never say in a song, the first lines of this are this are worse. I love Biggie to death and he's one of the greatest ever, but this is terrible.

really? i don't think that at all. 

oh and this is dedicated to the new couple...i KNEW it :D

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

4 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Alternatively, here you go.

Black Sunday is weird for me. I don't love Cypress Hill, they're ok, but I love that album. I'd call it a must listen for albums in that era. Songs, production, presentation, it's great. Dj Muggs is overlooked too.

Maybe my top track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

great choice Sosso! ok i am kinda getting bore by hip hop but i know the woman who is married to this dude. she met him and got to know him. he got arrested and went to prison, they married in prison and this week they had their first conjugal so for my friend here is this by her hubby ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Holla at Me is so great. That's the sound of a man with something to get off his chest. Kinda overlooked on All Eyez On Me because of all the big hits, but it's absolutely one of the best.

That's the problem with double albums. All Eyez On Me and UYI both have so many great tracks but many of them are just overlooked

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drtydane said:

Yeah. Nothin wrong with suckin her daddy's dick..

yeah. cos the rest of rap is so good and upstanding.i know let's go do a lot of drugs murder us some peeps rob some people murder some more. rinse and repeat. oh and talk about women like they are all POS only good to sex up then drop! yay! rap is what it is. let's not be hypocrites kk? 

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's the problem with double albums. All Eyez On Me and UYI both have so many great tracks but many of them are just overlooked

Yep. Most double albums have that problem. Now I don't think All Eyez on Me has as much filler as some people say, I think damn near every song is great. But then again I think 99% of what the man did was great :lol: This one gets overlooked too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J Dog said:

Yep. Most double albums have that problem. Now I don't think All Eyez on Me has as much filler as some people say, I think damn near every song is great. But then again I think 99% of what the man did was great :lol: This one gets overlooked too.

Great tune!

I would say that All Eyez On Me is Tupacs Use Your Illusion. It's a masterpiece of it's genre and also contains a lot of overlooked songs. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Great tune!

I would say that All Eyez On Me is Tupacs Use Your Illusion. It's a masterpiece of it's genre and also contains a lot of overlooked songs. 

I would say All Eyez On Me pisses all over Use Your Illusion...from a great height.

On 4/4/2017 at 11:47 AM, J Dog said:

Speaking of words to never say in a song, the first lines of this are this are worse. I love Biggie to death and he's one of the greatest ever, but this is terrible.

He stole that from a Richard Pryor routine in which the junkie says it to a Wino.

Wino: N!gga, you wouldn't know a fine woman if you tripped over here!

Junkie:  Nah man, the bitch was fine.  That bitch was so fine, i wanted to suck her Daddys dick.  Is that fine enough for yo ass?

:lol:

I guess in the context of a stand up you take it as Rich tryna be funny but on record like that, if you don't know what its referring to its like 'hang on...what the fuck did he just say?!?' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He stole that from a Richard Pryor routine in which the junkie says it to a Wino.

Wino: N!gga, you wouldn't know a fine woman if you tripped over here!

Junkie:  Nah man, the bitch was fine.  That bitch was so fine, i wanted to suck her Daddys dick.  Is that fine enough for yo ass?

:lol:

I guess in the context of a stand up you take it as Rich tryna be funny but on record like that, if you don't know what its referring to its like 'hang on...what the fuck did he just say?!?' :lol:

that is brilliant! :D

There's a certain strain of heterosexual though which, if i may be so bold as to speak on J's behalf as well as my own, just don't play that shit :lol:  Thats really a bold statement and I'm gonna look a right cunt if J disagrees but whatever.  It's not even a prejudice, it's just some shit just ain't in a persons DNA.  Like i don't like friedtomatoes, they make me feel physically ill, i ain't saying fried tomatoes should be eliminated from fuckin' existence or we should do some kinda fried tomato ethnic cleansing, they just ain't for me...same thing with guys fuckin', the thought of it, the idea, the visual, just makes my stomach turn.  I mean they can do it, go ahead, feel free, do it all day long, do it til you can't do it no more, I'm all for pursuit of happiness, I'm just sayin', out of a million things I'd like to see in front of me or have a mental visual of, thats probably bottom of the list.  But thats just my hang up, no ones saying they shouldn't do it, go for it :lol: 

Now i think about it thats a really odd thing for me to say considering how much William S Burroughs i read.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There's a certain strain of heterosexual though which, if i may be so bold as to speak on J's behalf as well as my own, just don't play that shit :lol:  Thats really a bold statement and I'm gonna look a right cunt if J disagrees but whatever.  It's not even a prejudice, it's just some shit just ain't in a persons DNA.  Like i don't like friedtomatoes, they make me feel physically ill, i ain't saying fried tomatoes should be eliminated from fuckin' existence or we should do some kinda fried tomato ethnic cleansing, they just ain't for me...same thing with guys fuckin', the thought of it, the idea, the visual, just makes my stomach turn.  I mean they can do it, go ahead, feel free, do it all day long, do it til you can't do it no more, I'm all for pursuit of happiness, I'm just sayin', out of a million things I'd like to see in front of me or have a mental visual of, thats probably bottom of the list.  But thats just my hang up, no ones saying they shouldn't do it, go for it :lol: 

Now i think about it thats a really odd thing for me to say considering how much William S Burroughs i read.

ok ok i promise NO fried green tomatoes! never ever had them actually. what made me mad was this dude saying that this was a deal breaker in rap. hell i think it's sick as f*ck but if you are gonna listen to hours of let's get high, let's go kill people so we have the money to get high, let's go beat down little old ladies or whatever the eff don't judge one line! all those things are so not cool but don't you think there's kind of an unspoken covenant that if you wanna listen to rap you should not judge? i mean where is the line drawn really?