Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

9 minutes ago, drtydane said:

Speaking from experience no it isn't. The weak ones will take it for protection. And you'd better believe they are protected once they give it up to someone. I've never seen one up close tho. ?

I love that hooray for tolerance! please album. 

So do i but you gotta admit the content kinda went for a walk after Cube :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

NWA talkin about gang fucking the preachers 13 yr old daughter is probably about the most sinister I've come across, thats pretty dark...and Biggies kidnap kids fuck em in the ass throw em over the bridge one is one that often escapes people.  

ugh i wish i had never responded! 

i like this but whoever dude is on the left looks like Kenan Thompson :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

So do i but you gotta admit the content kinda went for a walk after Cube :lol:

I was actually talking about odbs second solo album. But the second nwa dope too. A hooray for tolerance! always into sumthin is one of my favs. See starts coming into his own production wise. And ren stepped it up too. 

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ugh i wish i had never responded! 

i like this but whoever dude is on the left looks like Kenan Thompson :)

The gentleman on the left is tha God Rakim, the greatest MC of all times

1 minute ago, drtydane said:

I was actually talking about odbs second solo album. But the second nwa dope too. A hooray for tolerance! always into sumthin is one of my favs. See starts coming into his own production wise. And ren stepped it up too. 

OD' was fuckin' divine everytime he breathed man, OD' could come into a song for two seconds and make the song, every time i listen to 9 Mili Bros I'm waiting with baited breath for 'DIRT MCGIRT, SOLID TONE SMITH WITH 6 SHOTS, LICK SHOTS, LEAVE UR HEAD LIKE A SHOALIN MONK WITH 6 DOTS, BROOKLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYN ZOO!' :lol:

• Like 1

To be fair you were always kinda pissing in the wind with a bunch of hard headed old hip hop fascists like me Dane and J, it's worth noting that there's a bunch of other hip hop fans on here but try getting Danes or my or J's opinion on Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar, see how well that shit goes :lol:  Cunts or principled fellas, take your pick! :lol:  (psst, it's the last one!)

• Like 2

oooooooh yes i remember the uproar over the Kanye song i posted! but the thing is why do they have to be "deep cuts" or obscure songs? i mean it's fine if you all wanna post there but some other people are coming along ( like me ) who aren't as schooled in whatever criteria you and J want ( sorry but i had to ignore Dane, i mean criticize away but don't be a D about it )

and i try. i mean in the beginning i knew California Love which J thought was pretty coo when i ppsted it in what are you listening to so when i found he had this thread i wanted to check it out. maybe in July when i can get weed that'll help! :lol:

10 hours ago, drtydane said:

Speaking from experience no it isn't. The weak ones will take it for protection. And you'd better believe they are protected once they give it up to someone. I've never seen one up close tho. ?

I love that hooray for tolerance! please album. 

That lines off Raw Hide, Return to the 36.

I loooove N!gg@ Please though, Dirty is completely off his rocker on that. Most of its not even really rapping just drug induced ranting but he pulls it off. Plus the cover is amazing

" Who get drunk at night till the early morn/tap dancing at the party like it's goin on

Bitches and n!gg@s layin around/scopin each other down/im takin pictures of ya'll at the fuckin lounge

mad n!gg@s was gettin drunk at the bar/ i'm throwin Moet bottles hahahahahahahha!

it's rowdy outside I AINT SIGNIN SHIT!/ (inaudible) "

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I loooove N!gg@ Please though, Dirty is completely off his rocker on that. Most of its not even really rapping just drug induced ranting but he pulls it off. Plus the cover is amazing

" Who get drunk at night till the early morn/tap dancing at the party like it's goin on

Bitches and n!gg@s layin around/scopin each other down/im takin pictures of ya'll at the fuckin lounge

mad n!gg@s was gettin drunk at the bar/ i'm throwin Moet bottles hahahahahahahha!

nice!

8 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

It's not inaudible, he shouts 'DUCK LOW BITCH!', come ask geeko the spazzboy :lol:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Hip Hop don't really do covers but this is pretty slick I thought.

Snoop is one of the few rappers that can pull off a cover 

Speaking of EPMD and covers, I like how Daz & Kurupt did this

20 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

EPMD were, though in a very east coast way, very much about that funk.

Yea they were funky. I also think, for me, they had a great, pure hip hop sound. Real hip hop beats and real mc's.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yea they were funky. I also think, for me, they had a great, pure hip hop sound. Real hip hop beats and real mc's.

There was a particular kind of production around then, Strictly 4 My N's sounds a bit like it, The Lunatic sounds like it, that track off of Juice sounds like it, the Rakim one, which i love.  The sound I mean, fuck i cant put a sentence together lately.

• Like 1