Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Live from Bedford Stuyvesant the livest one...almost every syllable in that rhymes and follows a unique flow :lol:  Another example of insane rhyming if you really sit down and work it sound it's so fuckin' intricate, is Lose Yourself by Em', if you're a rhyme fanatic and bored enough, count the rhymes, work out the rhyme schemes, the way one skips a rhyme but then picks it up in the following line because the line before is rhyming with the one before the following line...if that makes sense :lol:  It's like a tapestry of rhymes and semi rhymes and all to this steady beat of syllables, thats fuckin' prodigious talent, disgusting talent.

Therein lies the difference between a flow, a real flow and just rattling off rhymes machine gun style (which in itself can be patterned but a lot of these pretenders don't do it to a pattern, which even if you don't is still amazing but what a Biggie Smalls or a Ra' or an Em' does it distinctly musical in flow as well as the beat being flowed to).

That is an amazing flow from Biggie on Unbelievable. You know I study the flow and rhyme scheme. I don't do it every time I listen to something but I usually break down a song at least once if I really dig it.

I can't take that rattle shit, or the mumble shit. Rattling off is ok like you said if there's a pattern and flow to it. But that random just going like it's a forty yard dash, not making good rhymes, not only does it sound off but it loses personality. Usually unquotable too which is big for me. Even some of Em's recent stuff gets too out of control. Kendrick too. Sometimes I just want to pause it and yell, rap to the motherfuckin beat please! Ride the beat homie, it never fails.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2017 at 5:34 AM, Len Cnut said:

how to incriminate yourself in one easy step by Tupac Shakur!

Ed Lover: you'll have a chance to get your rebuttal

Pac: Nah they wont, they better come now!

:lol:

Reminds me of what we talked about, the time he strutted out of court like kiss my ass :lol: Pop that colla son!

Edited by J Dog