Do you think Axl has watched back his NR performance on the Vegas DVD?

I am flummoxed as to why a professional musician would allow such a shocking performance to be immortalised on an official release.

I actually think most of the DVD ranges from okay-very good (he knocks it out of the park on Nightrain!). But his vocal performance on November Rain is all shades of bad.

Did he even bother to watch this footage before it was given the green light for a DVD release? I know Axl gives very few shits about most things, but this isn't just some random show put up on YouTube... you'd think he would take a bit of pride in an official concert release.

i understand your question

oh yes i do

I had never seen this before.

Enjoy.

Bad... don't get me wrong, it's great in ways that Gnr didn't touch this thing up, but in others you just think "Did they really think that! was good enough?" for the most part it's a strong film, but there's a couple of songs that should have either been edited out or touched up... You could be mine needed work, as did November Rain. Axl's vocal on both has deteriorated drastically over the last couple of years. And Dj... oh Dj!! messes the opening solo of YCBM royally, That's a real easy fix.

I like that it's an authentic performance, but I wish they would have recorded a number of nights and pieced it together because this was definitely not the best performances of those songs... even from that residency which quite shaky vocally throughout.

I'd imagine Axl has watched the concert though, he would have needed to Ok the final edits / mixes etc. at the very least. I'd be very shocked if he hadn't watched it a number of times in fact.

At the end of the day, with anything GnR... it's a miracle it's actually released so that in itself is a reason to treasure this thing. As a fan, as an objective ear... this is not nuGnRs best performance. It doesn't really showcase the band in the best light... it actually makes them sound a little sloppy! this band sounds slick, this sounds raw and slightly underrehearsed... the o2 show actually sounds better (the levels are better on AFD though).

Finally the guitar tones are a little too distorted for my liking, Dj's wah sounds like Zakk Wylde, the original song was heavy but the there was far less gain on the amps. That goes for all 3 gtr players, dial back the gain... it sounds better.

Edited by Tom2112

Don't think it's impossibe to Axl recover his voice.

You have good parts on this NR from the last Vegas 14' Residence:

Best ever since '10...it just shows that Axl is hopefully on the road to 'dat rasp' recovery...