Morgan Freeman Defends His Marijuana Use: "I'll Eat It, Drink It, Smoke It, Snort It"

Silent Jay

I think hes an overrated one dimensional actor, very Sam Jacksonesque in that sense.

Glad someone else thinks that too.

People patronise them because they are black and tend to play roles that embody the archetypes we find less unsettling than some of the contemporary one.

Kinda like the Chris Rock/Colin Powell bit 'he speaks so well!' :lol:

I think James May's a pot head.

I suspect, I don't know.

I am pretty sure Seth MacFarlane & Snoop Dogg are/were too.

Snoop smoking weed? See its ridiculous statements like that that make people not take you seriously young man.

I am pretty sure Snoop Dogg are/were too.

Great work detective.

:rofl-lol:

I kinda wish I had a weed card just for the convenience, there's 3 dispensary's within like 4 blocks of me, one just opened literally around the corner (90 second walk), but it's usually way more expensive to buy at them.

Why would you bother, all your dealer probably get the same gear and give it to you cheaper, this is why i fear legalisation too, they'll make it cost a bomb, a fuckin pack of fags is taxed to the point of being ten quid a pop, imagine what they'd do to a fuckin draw.

Like I said, I'd only bother for the convenience of when both my dealer and myself run out, only having to walk around the corner. And it is more expensive, there's no price breaks so a quarter oz will cost $70, whereas I spend less than that on a half oz because I don't go to the dank banks :P I also had to try a few kinds of bud before I found one that I thought was worth paying that much for, but that's sort of another perk of dispensary's, is all that variety in one place.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

A character actor is someone who plays roles that are character heavy, unique, nuanced, outside of your standard main roles.

the term is also used to describe actors who play roles, marked with pronounced national, professional, appearance-based features. actors with a specific "emploi" (pardon my French :lol: )

A character actor is someone who plays roles that are character heavy, unique, nuanced, outside of your standard main roles.

the term is also used to describe actors who play roles, marked with pronounced national, professional, appearance-based features. actors with a specific "emploi" (pardon my French :lol: )

Hmmm, yes, well it's a case of coq au vin pour la tabla dans la maison citroen, as they say in the French quarter!

Hmmm, yes, well it's a case of coq au vin pour la tabla dans la maison citroen, as they say in the French quarter!

what? a cock in wine for the table of Citroen house? :lol:

I saw his first movie the other week, The Pawnbroker, it's a Sidney Lumet piece starring Rod Steiger about this old Jewish guy who runs a pawnbrokers in NYC in the 50s just after the war and he's this holocaust survivor, really cool movie. This one piece of it really stuck with me where his little Puerto Rican kid assistant is like, bugging him kinda to tell him like...for want of a better way of putting his 'jew secrets', like...how to run a successful pawnbroker, how to make money etc? And he gives this monologue, really stuck with me:

Jesus Ortiz: Say, how come you people come to business so naturally?

Sol Nazerman: You people? Oh, let's see. Yeah. I see. I see, you... you want to learn the secret of our success, is that right? Alright I'll teach you. First of all you start off with a period of several thousand years, during which you have nothing to sustain you but a great bearded legend. Oh my friend you have no land to call your own, to grow food on or to hunt. You have nothing. You're never in one place long enough to have a geography or an army or a land myth. All you have is a little brain. A little brain and a great bearded legend to sustain you and convince you that you are special, even in poverty. But this little brain, that's the real key you see. With this little brain you go out and you buy a piece of cloth and you cut that cloth in two and you go and sell it for a penny more than you paid for it. Then you run right out and buy another piece of cloth, cut it into three pieces and sell it for three pennies profit. But, my friend, during that time you must never succumb to buying an extra piece of bread for the table or a toy for a child, no. You must immediately run out and get yourself a still larger piece cloth and so you repeat this process over and over and suddenly you discover something. You have no longer any desire, any temptation to dig into the Earth to grow food or to gaze at a limitless land and call it your own, no, no. You just go on and on and on repeating this process over the centuries over and over and suddenly you make a grand discovery. You have a mercantile heritage! You are a merchant. You are known as a usurer, a man with secret resources, a witch, a pawnbroker, a sheenie, a makie and a kike!

Jesus Ortiz: [long pause] You really some teacher, Mr. Nazerman. You really, really 's the greatest.