This is the beginning of the feud - yes?

There's still fundamental Axlisms like being late for shows and recording process. Recording can be solved by preparation and having a plan. It's not an experiment, it's a drone strike. Unless all members are involved its not a track. Full collaboration but not solo songs played by GNR. Axl is pathologically late, hopefully the money will help you wait.

From reading the amazing GnR Revolution page, I think this kind of summarizes what started the feud. Maybe I'm missing something.

But it looks like a lot of this can be pretty easily worked out and that Axl/Slash relationship can be repaired.

Listen here, I'm not a reunion guy by any stretch of the imagination. I want more Axl Rose music. I don't care who is in the band. I'll take 5 Axl Rose-DJ Ashba albums in a heart beat. But for the first time in a long time, it seems like a reunion might be more likely than an album by the current band - who are all working in other bands.

Axl

Mad about the band's drug use

Mad that Slash didn't let GnR have the "three" songs that he (Axl) initially rejected

Thinks that Slash developed an ego and was mean and bossed him (Axl) around

Thinks Slash (and company) forced him to go on tour when he didn't want to, risking his health

Slash

Mad about Axl's ego, diva behavior (late starts, cancelled shows, etc) and money spending on the Illusions tour

Axl wanting control of the name and making the rest of the band just employees

Changing Sympathy of the Devil guitar part, adding another guitar player

Trying to force another guitar (Tobias) player into the band

Both guys have badmouthed the other one. And both guys refused to sign off on songs the other wanted to use for live recordings/commercials, etc.

Drugs - everybody is clean now

Hopefully Axl doesn't hold a grudge over three mediocre songs from 20 years ago.

Ego - they all have them, but certainly Axl and Slash are a lot more humble now than they were as 25 years old

Touring was about the money. And clearly NOW we can see that Axl doesn't like to tour, Slash/Duff love touring

I'm sure Slash is "over" the Devil guitar thing

Surely Axl can see how ludicrous it was to try and force Paul into the existing band

Both guys have relaxed on their "no sign" policy and have in fact signed off on the other guy's requests.

So the biggest thing appears to be who do you put the band back together?

Is Axl willing to bring everybody back as equal partners with an equal say on everything that happens?

Or will he want to retain control of the GnR name and brand, and Slash/Duff/Izzy and probably matt would have to accept their role as paid members.

Imo, that would be the biggest sticking point on a reunion every happening. Control of the band.

You're forgetting the Michael Jackson bit. According to Doug the biggest, most unhealable rift of all between them. Until Slash distances himself from MJ there is no point in even considering a reunion.

There's still fundamental Axlisms like being late for shows and recording process. Recording can be solved by preparation and having a plan. It's not an experiment, it's a drone strike. Unless all members are involved its not a track. Full collaboration but not solo songs played by GNR. Axl is pathologically late, hopefully the money will help you wait.

I'd truly, honestly, seriously, genuinely, really, and literally be hugely disappointed if he weren't late for the shows on a reunion tour.

Is Axl willing to bring everybody back as equal partners with an equal say on everything that happens?

Or will he want to retain control of the GnR name and brand, and Slash/Duff/Izzy and probably matt would have to accept their role as paid members.

Imo, that would be the biggest sticking point on a reunion every happening. Control of the band.

Axl will not give up on the name EVER (I think). He went through a lot of shit to keep it so if they want to use the name, it will have to be under Axl's conditions.

If reunion ever happens and it is all just for touring, I don't see too many problems because everybody now is a solo artist and they have their own managers/business. They would tour under the GN'R name but they would negotiate their money separately, as if they were guest artists, pretty much what bands like King of Chaos do... you know?

Now if it's for making new music together, I do see the problem..... There's a whole line-up (nuGN'R) waiting in line to record with Axl. He owes Ashba, Fortus, Ferrer, etc. an album... Not like he "owes" them, but you know what I mean, right?..... so in that case, I don't have idea how they would solve it and who would manage it (Im sure Slash will not want TB for this). It's way more complicated that way and still, Axl owns the GN'R name so anything under that name is something he's still in control of.

I agree. Plus I think Axl would allow and even want relatively equal opportunity in the creative process. I'm sure he wouldn't relinquish anything that is already established from a business perspective, but I imagine it would be collaborative in the creative process. I wonder if Pitman stays on for the reunion. He's a core cog in any formation especially if GNR retains the 3 guiitar attack. Really I think you want to keep it a 9 piece. Perhaps bring back a harmonica player too. Axl will probably wanna go to a 10 man outfit just to top the last lineup.

From reading the amazing GnR Revolution page, I think this kind of summarizes what started the feud. Maybe I'm missing something.

But it looks like a lot of this can be pretty easily worked out and that Axl/Slash relationship can be repaired.

Listen here, I'm not a reunion guy by any stretch of the imagination. I want more Axl Rose music. I don't care who is in the band. I'll take 5 Axl Rose-DJ Ashba albums in a heart beat. But for the first time in a long time, it seems like a reunion might be more likely than an album by the current band - who are all working in other bands.

Axl

Mad that Slash didn't let GnR have the "three" songs that he (Axl) initially rejected

Thinks Slash (and company) forced him to go on tour when he didn't want to, risking his health

Slash

Mad about Axl's ego, diva behavior (late starts, cancelled shows, etc) and money spending on the Illusions tour

Axl wanting control of the name and making the rest of the band just employees

Changing Sympathy of the Devil guitar part, adding another guitar player

Trying to force another guitar (Tobias) player into the band

Both guys have badmouthed the other one. And both guys refused to sign off on songs the other wanted to use for live recordings/commercials, etc.

Drugs - everybody is clean now

Hopefully Axl doesn't hold a grudge over three mediocre songs from 20 years ago.

Ego - they all have them, but certainly Axl and Slash are a lot more humble now than they were as 25 years old

Touring was about the money. And clearly NOW we can see that Axl doesn't like to tour, Slash/Duff love touring

I'm sure Slash is "over" the Devil guitar thing

Surely Axl can see how ludicrous it was to try and force Paul into the existing band

Both guys have relaxed on their "no sign" policy and have in fact signed off on the other guy's requests.

You're forgetting the Michael Jackson bit. According to Doug the biggest, most unhealable rift of all between them. Until Slash distances himself from MJ there is no point in even considering a reunion.

I'd truly, honestly, seriously, genuinely, really, and literally be hugely disappointed if he weren't late for the shows on a reunion tour.
Some things are non negoiatable.

Axl will just have to be the bigger man and overlook Slashs indiscretions.

Axl would have to let that one go considering Im pretty sure they forced Ron to tour while in extreme pain.

The whole feud seems incredibly petty when you lay it out this way. You'd hope this wasn't the shit that tore them apart but that's probably exactly what it was. Nothing earth shattering just a bunch of small things compounded ontop of each other to the point they all became so stubborn that they'd rather walk away from each other than talk shit out. Buttheads.

• Like 1

Axl

The word 'bitch' springs to mind :lol:

• Like 1

Also for progating the theory that Axl forced them to sign the name over, essentially forcing them out.

That's the main one I reckon. But I'll be back to ask some more questions. My raincoat is at the laundromat.

Tiny - these are some of the best posts you've ever done on this forum.

Thank you, Apollo.

I'm the underdog anyway and ban is just around the corner.

Yeah, Tiny, why aren't you being an annoying cupcake right now? Its weird, lol

Because Prozac?

Hey Tiny, we've crossed swords before but that was a great post. As level a look at things as one could hope for. Kudos.

• Like 1

... so if they want to use the name, it will have to be under Axl's conditions.

Wrong:

... so if they want to use the name, it will have to be under BETA's conditions.

No. You're wrong-er.

This:

http://www.facebook.com/flebeis/posts/10151139692388992

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYjiIsENvcc

Fernando always makes me think of this song.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp
  • Like 2

Wrong:

... so if they want to use the name, it will have to be under BETA's conditions.

No. You're wrong-er.

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYjiIsENvcc

Fernando always makes me think of this song.

:rofl-lol:

i had forgotten how cool that song was!! thank you for bringing it back to my memory :lol:

• Like 1

Also for progating the theory that Axl forced them to sign the name over, essentially forcing them out.

That's the main one I reckon. But I'll be back to ask some more questions. My raincoat is at the laundromat.

We need to run the contract through DNA analytics to look for and test the age of the top hat fibers.

Correct, this is the big deal:

I can't see Slash or even Duff coming back full time as "an employee", and I can't even less see Axl giving up the control and/or ownership of the band - which means tour whenever and if he wants, plays the songs he wants, getting on stage at the time he wants, release albums whenever and if he wants containing the songs he wants.

So... don't hold yout breath.

Edited by Todo Poderoso Timão

Wrong:

No. You're wrong-er.

This:

His Band?? Holy fuck... Axl?? WTF dude???

Nothing wrong about the "my band" expression. GN'R it's also my band.

Correct, this is the big deal:

I can't see Slash or even Duff coming back full time as "an employee", and I can't even less see Axl giving up the control and/or ownership of the band - which means tour whenever and if he wants, plays the songs he wants, getting on stage at the time he wants, release albums whenever and if he wants containing the songs he wants.

So... don't hold yout breath.

Slash & Duff quit. Axl didn't say to them both, "I'll wait till you've both done your solo stuff, played with Longjohn Silver, done your VR experiment, done more solo stuff, and I'll wait here till you've both finished and we'll carry on GnR like you've never been away".

Axl nostalgia needs seem to be met with just involving Duff and Izzy from time to time. Mostly live, perhaps a one time collaboration in the studio in the future.

He's far more interested imo in making sure new Guns doesn't get derailed by anyone but Axl himself, and to keep his musical interests the focus and releasing it when he feels like it and to make it a part of the band's history.

Like if he releases CD ll, then 30 songs from new Guns could be acceptable in the distant future by people with no reunion to make it seem pointless (even if it was to many people and still is)

I don't believe Axl will do a U turn and incorporate Slash in any capacity. But never say never.

Tiny, Russ and Maynard - you all three make excellent points.

It is odd that Axl fought so hard to keep the name.......only to turn GnR into a hobby.

What happens next really depends on what Axl is planning for his career. What we know, according to his own words, is that there was a sequel to Chinese Democracy, ready or almost ready to be released in a near (uncertain) future. We have no news on whether this is still the plan or it has changed. Total silence. But that's what we know to this point.

On the other hand, the reunion pressure is heavier than ever, at least in the media.... With Duff talking all over the place about his reconciliation, with the shows he's played and his book telling how he got his buddy Axl back into his life, the reunionists and the media are having a juicy feast. We have all now jumped on the reunion bandwagon and the only thing that can stop it is Axl coming out clean about his plans for the future.

For the time being, reunion is mainly a fantasy. A wet dream some people are using to bait clicks into their websites. As fans, we should take this with a grain of salt.

When Slash says that he is open to a reunion for the right reasons, I don't think he's lying or saying things he doesnt mean. He was asked which are the "right reasons" and he kind of struggled to answer that but from what I could grasp, he meant the right reasons would be everybody agreeing on how every single thing will be done. Slash and Duff are not neophites in the business anymore, and after going through so much legal crap with Axl, I'm pretty sure if they accept a contract or whatever, they will fight for those "right reasons" to be included in the text of the contract.

The guys are in their 50's now. They will not take shit from Axl or anyone. They will reunite to have fun and probably to just make the fans happy, but they will not compromise the things they believe in now or will unwalk the road that made them mature people now. That's why the reunion negotiation may take many years from now.

Things are slow in GNR camp.. We are still in the chapter where Axl, Duff and Izzy are back in love. Good. It is some progress. Now, the most difficult part, having Axl and Slash falling in love again.... From what Slash said, a lot of the tension has dissipated, which is good, small progress but good in the end.

How long til they see each other face to face and talk?

Who knows... maybe they did already.... maybe it takes another decade.

In the meantime, Axl could release CDII (or Stay of Execution) and put the nuGNR line up to sleep.

Then comes reunion.

Then comes retirement.

If you are a GN'R fan, you should master PATIENCE.. Because patience is what we'll need to be able to go through this long wait.

We have entered a new hiatus period, full of uncertainties and darkness.

One thing I'm sure of is that reunion, if ever occurs, will take a couple more years of development.

I believe that this was the best post here since the 2014 Vegas shows and actually spot on whats up with GNR now...

and this was your best post here overall