2014 - Top Ten Tyrants

dalsh327

http://listverse.com/2014/03/28/10-total-tyrants-from-the-history-of-rock-n-roll/

Mod edit to include Axl content from article:

Axl Rose

The chief architect of Guns N’ Roses’ devolution from big band to bad joke, William Bruce Rose is well known among

fans as the kind of guy who would, for example, show up on stage an hour late, throw a tantrum, walk off after three songs,

return an hour later under the threat of litigation, and then play the rest of the set to a largely emptied arena.

Rose became an impossible headache as soon as the band hit it big. His antics included forcing the release of

“One In a Million” (causing the whole band to take flak for his bigoted lyrics), challenging other musicians

to fights via the press, announcing the band’s drug problems from the stage in LA (a move Duff McKagan said

dissolved the band’s camaraderie instantly and permanently), hiring backup musicians without telling anyone, and stopping

shows to bore the audience for minutes on end with tedious rants about contractual disputes.

Furious at his bandmates’ failure to jump to his defense every time he did something ridiculous, he finally moved to take

sole ownership of the band’s name by refusing to take the stage one night until documents were signed. Desperate to prevent

Rose from inciting yet another riot, the band signed. Within three years, he succeeded in alienating his entire band and

replaced them with session musicians. He got the full control he wanted and only had to turn Guns N’ Roses into a soulless

revival act to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

http://listverse.com/2014/03/28/10-total-tyrants-from-the-history-of-rock-n-roll/

Mod edit to include Axl content from article:

Axl Rose

The chief architect of Guns N’ Roses’ devolution from big band to bad joke, William Bruce Rose is well known among

fans as the kind of guy who would, for example, show up on stage an hour late, throw a tantrum, walk off after three songs,

return an hour later under the threat of litigation, and then play the rest of the set to a largely emptied arena.

Rose became an impossible headache as soon as the band hit it big. His antics included forcing the release of

“One In a Million” (causing the whole band to take flak for his bigoted lyrics), challenging other musicians

to fights via the press, announcing the band’s drug problems from the stage in LA (a move Duff McKagan said

dissolved the band’s camaraderie instantly and permanently), hiring backup musicians without telling anyone, and stopping

shows to bore the audience for minutes on end with tedious rants about contractual disputes.

Furious at his bandmates’ failure to jump to his defense every time he did something ridiculous, he finally moved to take

sole ownership of the band’s name by refusing to take the stage one night until documents were signed. Desperate to prevent

Rose from inciting yet another riot, the band signed. Within three years, he succeeded in alienating his entire band and

replaced them with session musicians. He got the full control he wanted and only had to turn Guns N’ Roses into a soulless

revival act to do it.

Bit harsh. Some of it is true but saying he replaced the original line up with "session musicians" is a step too far. As for "soulless revival act". I beg to differ.

Isn't this the same shitty lame thread from the last year?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206399-top-10-tyrants-of-rock-and-roll-axl-at-9/?hl=%2B2014+%2Btop+%2Bten+%2Btyrants

No ... it's just another chance to party:

hqdefault.jpg

Let's all join the fest. :popcorn:

None of the persons who have posted in this thread, posted in the thread you have provided. Therefore "no, it's just another chance to party" is invalid.

Its really weird how Gunner sometimes pulls out weird quotes and threads. He quoted me from a question I asked to Marc like years ago once.

And yet he claims he doesn't take this seriously and that he's here to have a good time. Sure.... :lol:

Since this is a repost shitty lame thread who turned into another "hunt the GUNNER" thread and no one seems to care about it, worse, some people even seems to like to join the one-way-party from time to time, guess I'm allowed to reply to this offtopic.

Its really weird how Gunner sometimes pulls out weird quotes and threads. He quoted me from a question I asked to Marc like years ago once.

^^^ This would be really funny like hell ... I would even piss my pants from laughing so much .... if it wasn't an absolute lie.

But lets all give a big laugh anyway ... :lol:

Edited by GUNNER PT

Let's not forget gunners creepy post where he quotes all the times Nosaj said 'utter shit'

^^^ Another lie - FACT.

I didn't quote ALL the times he said "utter shit" ... the forum only allows 10 quotes or something like that.

What's really creepy is to see he said it much more than 10 times and that he keeps repeating the same utter shit for years ... it reveals a certain psychotic attitude regarding Axl/ChD and an agenda.

I just made it clear to everyone ... thanks to the forum search feature ... there's nothing creepy about it.

Is today another GUNNER meltdown day?

it's one of the rare times I didn't spend 5 extra minutes searching a year old thread, I saw something on my Facebook about it and posted after a quick search. I'll chalk it up to laziness.

Excuses, excuses. GUNNER will never forgive you. He knows your true intentions. :lol: