United Gates of America: BBC Documentary on the Rise of Gated Communities

Amir

I hate the way there is a complete lack of privacy in so many suburban areas in the states. No divisions between houses with lawns that run into each other, no front walls or fences. Fuck that.

Like this, it's fucking ghastly

suburbia.jpg

• Like 2

I hate the way there is a complete lack of privacy in so many suburban areas in the states. No divisions between houses with lawns that run into each other, no front walls or fences. Fuck that.

Like this, it's fucking ghastly

suburbia.jpg

Bet a lot of wifeswapping occurs on that estate?

Edited by DieselDaisy

I think I live in a gated community. There's gates and security guards. I guess it's to keep people coming in putting cable TV and pizza delivery services under your door, or using the grounds as a short cut. Plus people have fancy cars downtown. So I can see why they want some security around their Lexus. At first I was like what is out there that's so bad. But once your in and got your gin and coke its nice to know there's an armed guard at the gate ready to shoot anyone that wants to cause you a problem.

But just about anyone I walk into a Radisson and pay 7 quid for a pint. I did almost get thrown out of one hotel for eating McDonald's in the lobby. But I explained I was drunk and just couldn't make it up to my room. I was resting.

But year it's pretty hard to get into gated communities. You've got to high five the security guy so they know you. If you lose your card you have to jump the fence.