Slash on GN'R reunion: "I don't see it."

Let me ask this, what if Izzy, Duff and Axl decided to get together? Any pressure then, Slash?

That scenario really bears no relevance to a full-scale reunion. Axl is on good terms with Duff and with Izzy (Who it's probably safe to assume are on good terms with each other). I'd say the chances of the Axl/Izzy/Duff scenario happening at some point fall somewhere between "possible" and "likely". Slash doesn't even factor into the equation on any level because Axl doesn't seem to want to make amends with Slash. Slash wouldn't fall under any pressure if Axl/Izzy/Duff played together, because Slash has no say in whether he gets to play with Axl or not (At least the way things stand right now, that is). If that situation applies any pressure to anyone, it would be Axl since he is the one that holds all the keys, metaphorically speaking.

Nevermind that the other members wouldn't do a "GNR" reunion without Slash.

Game over, shut down the forum. No use I'm Lieing to ourselves anymore the bands dead and Axl has no leverage on slash anymore. GnR is barely a stronger draw then slash and the way they are managed.... Will Axl comply to slash terms? Not in this lifetime.

See you in South America in a town I don't know how to say in 2016.

Edited by Estranged Coma
  • Like 1

Have some patience folks. Have some faith. GnR can become active again in the blink of an eye. The best thing would be to tour the next album not just head out on tour just for the sake of it.

For what its worth, I agree the forum, at least the current Guns section, should be shut down. There's literally nothing to talk about. It might as well reopen when there's an actual reunion or when NuGNR goes back out on tour. But until then, its truly depressing to see this first page of topics.

As for the Slash comment, I don't know what the fuck some of you want from him. People bash him when he gives vague hopeful answers because they say he's lying and he's doing it to rile Axl. Then he gives a very real honest answer, and people still pounce on him. There's nothing more he can do. He's been transparent since like 2008 that the keys to a reunion lie with Axl, and that he's definitely open to it but that there's one person who doesn't want to get in contact with him. He's been as clear as he can possibly be and people still find ways to make him the bad guy. The ball isn't in his court. How many more times does he have to say it? I get that everyday journalists will keep asking him the question, but for hardcore GNR fans on a forum dedicated to that band not to understand? Thats so unfathomable to me that its scary.

• Like 3

Yup its all Slash's fault, now he can't even speak regarding his relationship with Axl? When he is saying positive and good things then you also blame me, when he says he doesn't see's it happening, then you also blame him and the almighty Lord Axl Rose is never at fault, I guess its Slash's fault why Axl is not releasing an album

But, since when is this thread about Axl?

He should take the Ashba approach and say the same response in every interview.

Or about DJ?

:facepalm:

Do we really have to talk about Axl and about DJ just to deflect attention from the fact of Slash saying a different thing in different days? lol !!!]xD

Have some patience folks. Have some faith. GnR can become active again in the blink of an eye. The best thing would be to tour the next album not just head out on tour just for the sake of it.

Next album...

I wouldnt want an album, just tour.... If that doesnt collapse then they can try to release something.... I just want to catch them live one last time...

Next album...

I wouldnt want an album, just tour.... If that doesnt collapse then they can try to release something.... I just want to catch them live one last time...

cool. I want an album.

• Like 1

Guns n roses is well and truly buried, it's a shame but it is what it is..

the original lineup is dead and dusted and has been for years, even reunion rumours are hard to come by now days, i think all guys have lost hope, with the exception of adler..

the current lineup, in no way shape or form can replicate and even better the success of what the original gnr had done.

gnr has had it's day :( it's become a band you can only reminisce on.. i don't see anything new or exciting coming out of this "band" ever..

i come on here from time to time just to check stuff out, but we all know how dead it is.. no news, nothing.. and it's not like gnr camp are obliged to us in any way, everyone here on this forum chooses to be here and google search gnr news from time to time..

give it up, it's dead.. gnr had their chance in 01, and maybe 06 to really beat the shit out one more time...

Anyone want to see a Nu-GNR reunion?

Robin in for Bumble then yes, frank is a beast and it's impossible to get josh freese 24/7 so ferrer/brain

Robin in for Ashba and Bucket in for Bumble...

Yes please. Just bring the 2002 lineup together and make Pitman play some actual music during the shows. This I Love and TWAT would already be worth the ticket

He said Never say Never just to be a bit hopeful but I think he just has to say Axl doesn't like me, we never talk, if we do I'll let you know. It's very unlikely Axl will call me out of the blue and beg me to do reunion.

I guess that then might lead to follow up questions like why doesn't he like you? Which is a hassle.

Then headline is Axl hates Slash because ...or Slash doesn't know why Axl hates him.

At least Duff has talked to Axl about a reunion. So his veiled comments are more interesting if just as vague.

Maybe if he stopped wearing sunglasses all the time, he'd see things our way.

Actually, he'd have to be wearing a blindfold to see things your way.
Care to elaborate about the way I'm seeing things? Genuinely interested.

I guess you just have to look at Axl as a person and artist.

But I guess when I quit Crystal Pepsi I started having panic attacks. So who knows?

I guess you just have to look at Axl as a person and artist.

But I guess when I quit Crystal Pepsi I started having panic attacks. So who knows?

In normal circumstances, in a relatively normal home with mother and father and siblings, a child may very well have desire for the opposite sex, contrary to social expectations.

However if a child is subjected to molestation, that molestation often traumatizes the child and imprints into his or her psyche their first sexual experience which the child seeks to duplicate.

I have no doubt in my mind, that a boy, if molested by an older man, sodomized, made to fellatio the older man, will have his sexual destiny altered, toward homosexuality. If the abuse is persistence even more so.