Is it time to re-evaluate the sales total for CD?

Don't care how much it sold, i only needed a copy of it for me. It's the best gnr album and one of the best mainstream albums ever.

Agreed.

For me personally CD is the best rock album of the last decade.

But the rest of the rock world clearly doesn't agree.

It's a good album yes, but the best of the last 10 years?

Good thing is everyone's got an opinion

You can't dispute my claim though.

"For me personally"...........

Chinese Democracy doesn't sound like nu-metal at all. Korn, Limp Bizkit? Hardly.

Must I keep doing this every time somebody questions the 'korn' connection? Alright, here it is again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkosqJFd97Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhaZZNS2GqM

The riff vaguely sounds like it. The structure of the song on the other hand, vocals, base and lack of guitar solo don't.

What other tracks on the album do you think sound like Nu Metal?

Scraped.

So your entire argument is songs you don't like sound like Nu Metal?

I'm sorry, not sure how many Nu Metal tracks with guitar solos and Axl's singing style there are? I could make as much of an argument that Judas Priest sound like Korn as you just did there.

Shacklers also sounds like Locomotive and is structured like YCBM. But it has some Korn elements, maybe even a Zombie vibe.

Scraped is more RATM Evil Empire meets Prodigy, a more compressed Out ta get Me. It reminds me Crazy Train.

Shipped and sold are two completely different things.

Exactly.

Another thing I wonder about is how the Dollar Tree units factor into this. Did they count as "sold" once Best Buy "sold" them to Dollar Tree or do they have to be bought from there to count?

Does anyone actually track sold at all? I just know that the RIAA numbers are about shipped units.

Shipped and sold are two completely different things.

Exactly.

Another thing I wonder about is how the Dollar Tree units factor into this. Did they count as "sold" once Best Buy "sold" them to Dollar Tree or do they have to be bought from there to count?

Does anyone actually track sold at all? I just know that the RIAA numbers are about shipped units.

Wait.....what? I thought that's what the whole SoundScan thing was about. Isn't that supposed to track only units actually sold as opposed to shipped?

CD probably sold about 9 million copies if you really think about. After the initial hype wore down and it sold about 3 million I'd be willing to bet it gained cult status and has probably been selling very well ever since. I see no reason why it wouldn't have sold more in the last 4 years than it did in the first 3. It's probably at or near 9 million by now for sure.

• Like 1

You're right. I'm an idiot. :facepalm:

Nah....

So my guess is that the ones sold to Dollar Tree still don't count as "sold" in the RIAAs eyes. I'm guessing they have to go through an actual POS system and be sold to a customer as opposed to another company, right?

You're right. I'm an idiot. :facepalm:

Nah....

So my guess is that the ones sold to Dollar Tree still don't count as "sold" in the RIAAs eyes. I'm guessing they have to go through an actual POS system and be sold to a customer as opposed to another company, right?

I can't tell for sure, but I don't think they'd count.

It sold 10 million using the crazy-Axl-fan logic of simply, making stuff up.

Chinese Democracy doesn't sound like nu-metal at all. Korn, Limp Bizkit? Hardly.

Must I keep doing this every time somebody questions the 'korn' connection? Alright, here it is again:

The riff vaguely sounds like it. The structure of the song on the other hand, vocals, base and lack of guitar solo don't.

What other tracks on the album do you think sound like Nu Metal?

Scraped.

So your entire argument is songs you don't like sound like Nu Metal?

I'm sorry, not sure how many Nu Metal tracks with guitar solos and Axl's singing style there are? I could make as much of an argument that Judas Priest sound like Korn as you just did there.
Shacklers also sounds like Locomotive and is structured like YCBM. But it has some Korn elements, maybe even a Zombie vibe.

Scraped is more RATM Evil Empire meets Prodigy, a more compressed Out ta get Me. It reminds me Crazy Train.

Classic wasted haha: compare cd songs with completely random songs which do not sound remotely like those cd songs!

CD probably sold about 9 million copies if you really think about. After the initial hype wore down and it sold about 3 million I'd be willing to bet it gained cult status and has probably been selling very well ever since. I see no reason why it wouldn't have sold more in the last 4 years than it did in the first 3. It's probably at or near 9 million by now for sure.

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. I'd say its somewhere in the range of 7-10 million.

• Like 1

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. I'd say its somewhere in the range of 7-10 million.

I think Chinese Democracy sold 1 billion copies.

• Like 3

Yes, and the reason why Billboard didn't pick up any of those exorbitant sales is simple, they're out ta get Axl. I guess reducing concert attendances just for Axl's band (they're 100% reliable and trustworthy for every other band) in every Billboard Boxscore they published in their website wasn't enough for these guys, you know they said 5,000 attended the last Gn'R concert, but then people on this board claimed they saw at least 30,000. I mean, no, man, that wasn't enough, they also had to ignore Chinese Democracy multi-millionaire sales.

Jesus, how do we want Axl to take the world by storm again if Billboard is out ta get him? How?

• Like 1

Please tell me you don't actually think that.

I can't tell which posts are sarcastic and which ones are serious any more lol. But seriously there's no way CD has sold less than 10 million easy how could it not when The dollar store near where I live was built about three years ago and it's got a big ol box filled with those best buy exclusive deal CDs lol it's so depressing. That album stunk worse than the room emptying dog farts from my 10 year old german shepherd with stomach problems.

UMG counts shipped as sold that's why their number is 5 mil.

Little do they know those units were abducted by dollar tree agents and stored in a warehouse in Area 51. Just to make CD sell less than No Line on the Horizon. Mel Gibson bought the rights to this post.

Edited by wasted

:popcorn:

Please tell me you don't actually think that.

:mellow: