DJ Ashba "Blindsided" by online haters

T-Minus

"They hate me because I'm not Salsh" - DJ 'Strawman' Ashba

He doesn't help the situation, but he isn't wrong.

I don't see people wailing on Bucket, BBF or Fortus for not being Slash....
No top hat gets you pass it seems. A KFC bucket was innovative. Fortus gets the Izzy remarks. Edited by wasted

It takes a certain type of person to come into a band called Guns N Roses as the new guitarist and start wearing a top hat and copy-catting Slash's moves.

Even if they had the chops (which Ashba clearly does not) people would rightly take that shit as the affront that it is.

If Slash got an Axl impersonator or *insert non GNR example here* people would call bullshit, this is no different.

• Like 3

It takes a certain type of person to come into a band called Guns N Roses as the new guitarist and start wearing a top hat and copy-catting Slash's moves.

Even if they had the chops (which Ashba clearly does not) people would rightly take that shit as the affront that it is.

If Slash got an Axl impersonator or *insert non GNR example here* people would call bullshit, this is no different.

Dj had the hat way before he joined GNR, he definantly has his own stage presence, in what way does he copy slash on stage ? The solos don't count btw

Slash does have a Axl impersonator , the very crap Myles, can't sing on any gnr tracks without sounding like his balls are stuck in a vice

Myles is an Axl impersonator? :lol:

Well, he tries when he pulls the gnr stuff out, it's not as bad as Adam lambert pretending to be Freddie mercury

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Please show me one instance where it seems like Myles is impersonating Axl. You know that singing a GNR song doesn't mean impersonating, right?

Jesus...I remember a time on this forum when the outrage that Axl and his hired Guns where playing Guns songs without the Appetite & Illusion lineup. It was chaos. But Myles Kennedy singing Guns N' Roses songs? What the fack!

Jesus...I remember a time on this forum when the outrage that Axl and his hired Guns where playing Guns songs without the Appetite & Illusion lineup. It was chaos. But Myles Kennedy singing Guns N' Roses songs? What the fack!

Well Axl and his hired Guns play under the Guns N' Roses name, Myles doesnt. Many people on youtube cover GNR songs, those people on youtube covering the GNR songs don't play live shows as "Guns N' Roses" and they don't make a joke out of themselves

http://youtu.be/iDUUhdcQoBM

Well Axl and his hired Guns play under the Guns N' Roses name, Myles doesnt. Many people on youtube cover GNR songs, those people on youtube covering the GNR songs don't play live shows as "Guns N' Roses" and they don't make a joke out of themselves
Myles is not a bad singer, but he's never had a range like Axl. And the "Axl can't do this" crowd have to agree with this.

I have to sympathize to a degree. I'm not keen on DJ Ashba and I've never shied away from letting that be known, but I figure it's too easy to just pick on the guy all the time. It is what it is. But to put myself in his shoes, as a guitar player, if you were offered a paid gig to tour (and possibly record) with what was once one of the biggest bands in rock n' roll history, why wouldn't you accept it? And I'd probably go into it with a positive mindset, too, and be a little taken aback when I start instantly getting slammed by people online.

That's why I think the LOL Cas$ba stuff kind of does a disservice to those with valid criticisms. It makes it way, way too easy for people like Ashba - or those around him, in charge of his paychecks - to shrug it all off as "trolls" hating. I'm quicker to opine that his playing just isn't very impressive, his "look" denigrates the band's image, and I'm not particularly fond of the way he handles his entrepreneurial ventures in tandem with the band name. If more people didn't go for the easy jokes and actually constructed some kind of criticism behind their comments, it'd be harder for people - including Ashba - to just refer to it as "hate."

• Like 1

I get what you're saying, ER, but more patient and thoughtful criticism isn't going to suddenly make DJ realize he sucks. :lol: This is the culture. I'm awesome no matter what anyone says, and if anyone says differently they're a hater.

That's just how it goes. Better to make jokes and have fun with it. Why would we want to take DJ seriously?

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

Myles sounds better than current out of breath Axl with shit voice -- which is sad. Never expected to see my favorite singer making a fool of himself on stage and being a complete joke.

The sad part is to see that Axl, even old and fat and without breath, is less anoying than Myles :lol:

Edited by GUNNER PT

Myles sounds better than current out of breath Axl with shit voice -- which is sad. Never expected to see my favorite singer making a fool of himself on stage and being a complete joke.

The sad part is to see that Axl, even old and fat and without breath, is less anoying than Myles :lol:

You can't judge Myles' voice by crappy YouTube videos recorded from the audience. He sounds much better in Alter Bridge. #mylesapologist

(last part is true)

No, the sad part is that Myles sounds better than Axl, and Myles does not sound good when singing Gn'R tunes. It must deeply hurt his fans.

In an ideal scenario Myles and Axl would not be comparable, considering Axl was on another level, but in reality, Myles shits all over Axl. How sad is that. :lol:

You can't judge Myles' voice by crappy YouTube videos recorded from the audience. He sounds much better in Alter Bridge. #mylesapologist

(last part is true)

Myles is 100 times the professional that Axl should be. His work ethic is admirable, regardless of how good or bad he sounds. :)

• Like 1

Myles actually sounded pretty great on GnR songs during the last tour. And that's coming from somebody who openly bashed the guy after hearing some old acoustic GnR songs that Myles butchered. I was in the Myles Sucks crowd until I say down and listened to a bunch of his recent live stuff. Dude is a great singer.

Most of the hate here is from the clown show that has to insult anything related to Slash.