Appetite for Democracy on iConcerts

It's fun show though. Axl's vocals are patchy, on certain tracks like the Neil Young cover it's like he's cracking on purpose. It suited the song.

Visually though it's great and like most shows there's hightlights. Used to Love Her, Heavens Door, Patience were pretty good in the section I just watched. Paradise City is Paradise City. Catcher was great as I remember.

Axl left the stage happy.

Rock am ring 2006 seems like one people rate highly.

I think this show shows GNR still put on a great show. Okay the singer isnt 20 something but it's Axl Rose in Vegas in 2014. Something to watch in the Holiday Inn Resort other than True Detective 2.

Edited by wasted

It's fun show though. Axl's vocals are patchy, on certain tracks like the Neil Young cover it's like he's cracking on purpose. It suited the song.

Visually though it's great and like most shows there's hightlights. Used to Love Her, Heavens Door, Patience were pretty good in the section I just watched. Paradise City is Paradise City. Catcher was great as I remember.

Axl left the stage happy.

Rock am ring 2006 seems like one people rate highly.

I think this show shows GNR still put on a great show. Okay the singer isnt 20 something but it's Axl Rose in Vegas in 2014. Something to watch in the Holiday Inn Resort other than True Detective 2

Surprised you didn't mention Civil War or Nightrain as highlights, Axl nails both of those songs.

I do find it a bit embarrassing that his shockingly ropey renditions of November Rain and This I Love are immortalised on this DVD forever. Tbh, I wish Axl had taken the time to overdub those two songs or cut them out of the DVD altogether as they really don't do him any favours and can be used as great ammunition for Axl's detractors. They bring the quality of what is otherwise a fairly good live DVD down.

But then wasn't this DVD contractually obligated as part of his terms on the Merck settlement? Perhaps that explains why Axl showed no interest in its creation or release. Still though, him not bothering to overdub dreadful live vocals is just another example of him shooting himself in the foot, much like his refusal to promote CD. I'm sure in Axl's mind he is taking a stand, but to anyone who happens to catch his awful performance of November Rain, it just makes it look like Axl Rose can't sing anymore, which is not true.

No trickery i guess.

I just caught the last part of the show. Nightrain kind of plays itself. Civil War was good as well.

I don't think the iconcerts audience are that judgemental. It's just good to have something out there. People know Axl is probably past his best but still can pull something off. Its just good to see him.

Madness are on now, Suggs cant sing for toffee anyway so theres no comparison. Madness they call it madness.

Don't Let It Bring You Down wasn't offically on Appetitie For Democracy. You sure they were playing that or am I missing something?

Yeah its not on my copy either. But I just saw them perform it. It was weak. Ron looked worried. Edited by wasted

No trickery i guess.

I just caught the last part of the show. Nightrain kind of plays itself. Civil War was good as well.

I don't think the iconcerts audience are that judgemental. It's just good to have something out there. People know Axl is probably past his best but still can pull something off. Its just good to see him.

Madness are on now, Suggs cant sing for toffee anyway so theres no comparison. Madness they call it madness.

Don't Let It Bring You Down wasn't offically on Appetitie For Democracy. You sure they were playing that or am I missing something?

Yeah its not on my copy either. But I just saw them perform it. It was weak. Ron looked worried.

Interesting. Weird that it was shown. Maybe what was aired was a complete uncut version?