"GN'R were the next Rolling Stones"

Dr. Who

The Stones have outtakes which are better than gn'r's entire discography.

Half of the time, your posts are interesting. And the other half, you try too hard to play the purist card by dismissing GNR. We get it, you're a purist -whatever that means.

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, SidneyWish said:

Nirvana were a flash in the pan. It went out with a bang and a whimper. Their record is Nevermind without the bollocks.

Guns were way superior to what Nirvana ever was. Like Smells Like Teen Spirit though, great single.

That is one thing that didn't happen, and I say that as someone who is not particularly keen on their music. Nirvana have dominated music until today basically. They and their Seattle contemporaries were the last sizable thing in rock music if you factor out mid '90s Britpop, confined as it was to Britain.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

not really sure what people mean with "the RS have a bigger cultural impact than GNR".

compare the hype surrounding the GNR reunion to that of a new rolling stones tour. even my granny knows they are reuniting. but ask her which band played in cuba recently and she won't have a clue.

no doubt, when rock history is teached at uni, the RS will come out as the bigger band. but in practice, a GNR reunion generates far more electricity than a RS concert. and that's being objective.

I like them both, maybe I like GNR a bit more since I like slash's playing better.

musically they don't compare at all. the difference between the original "sympathy" and GNR's take on it is immense.

1 hour ago, action said:

not really sure what people mean with "the RS have a bigger cultural impact than GNR".

compare the hype surrounding the GNR reunion to that of a new rolling stones tour. even my granny knows they are reuniting. but ask her which band played in cuba recently and she won't have a clue.

no doubt, when rock history is teached at uni, the RS will come out as the bigger band. but in practice, a GNR reunion generates far more electricity than a RS concert. and that's being objective.

I like them both, maybe I like GNR a bit more since I like slash's playing better.

musically they don't compare at all. the difference between the original "sympathy" and GNR's take on it is immense.

And still Rolling Stones sold more tickets and are selling out more tickets last 50 years