Sebastian Bach Wants Guns N’ Roses & Skid Row Reunion Tour

Sebastian Bach discussed his hopes for a Guns N’ Roses and Skid Row reunion tour in a new interview with 100PercentRock.

“I would agree with you on one hand,” he says, pausing, “but on the other hand, as a fan, I can totally understand where a fan is coming from, that would be excited to see their favorite band reunite after decades. Like when Kiss did that in 1996, that was completely insane.

I look back, through all of rock n’ roll, I think that when Kiss reunited in ’96, it was one of the most incredible things that ever happened in rock n’ roll. When people say, ‘are Skid Row going to get back together?’ I understand that question.”

“[but] I haven’t been in the same room as Rachel Bolan since ’96. It’s coming up on 20 years. If we ever were to reunite on a stage – that’s almost 20 years of getting over whatever the hell it is he’s mad about, because I’m not mad at all.

The fact that the five guys in Guns N’ Roses are still alive, and the five guys in Skid Row, we’re all still alive: that’s a miracle. It’s almost like, if you have the chance to do something that epic, and you don’t do it, it’s kind of like selfish, to me, really.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/sebastian-bach-wants-guns-n-roses-skid-row-reunion-tour/

I pity the fools that support GNR on a reunion tour.

I think Axl had enough tries by now. I mean... Paul, Robin, Bucket, Bumble, DJ. 4 guitar players and DJ won't tour with him.

Let's say none of those wants anything to do with Guns live anymore and Tommy left it at Vegas after 17 years.

I guess he can still just hire 2 more guitar players and a bass player that is not Duff, release CD ll, and support it.

20 years Slash has been in exile. Axl is almost 60. Duff is ready to play ball probably. Fortus mingles well.

It doesn't have to be pathetic? maybe it does. One more time in this lifetime and we'll see.

I'm one of those who believe CD ll will come out anyway. and it'll come out good. So I don't really care.

I trust Axl to make interesting decisions in 2016. All goes according to the master plan. Gonna watch the big screen in his head.

Edited by Rovim

The reunion would be fine but the support act are going to get to know folly intimately.

Art comes first Axl said. CD ll comes first. I still believe that's the case. He'll want to release the rest of his magnum opus. Counting on it.

So I allow myself to think what Slash and Duff can bring to the table 20 years later, cause once CD ll is released, anything else is just gravy.

Edited by Rovim

The reunion would be fine but the support act are going to get to know folly intimately.

Art comes first Axl said. CD ll comes first. I still believe that's the case. He'll want to release the rest of his magnum opus. Counting on it.

So I allow myself to think what Slash and Duff can bring to the table 20 years later, cause once CD ll is released, anything else is just gravy.

True, who knows if CD II is stuff they'd even play live. Or it could be one last tour to get it out with Slash and Duff and then the reunion record with Izzy.

But Skid Row expecting to do a double header reunion tour with GNR. That seems unlikely?

True, who knows if CD II is stuff they'd even play live. Or it could be one last tour to get it out with Slash and Duff and then the reunion record with Izzy.

But Skid Row expecting to do a double header reunion tour with GNR. That seems unlikely?

Highly. Just got a new singer and Bolan fuckin' hates Baz.

It has come to the point where Slash, Izzy and Duff are the new guys. The majority of the songs they play are older Guns stuff so why not take those guys and the money?

Like people say if Axl had put out another record and was doing a new one with Ron and Dj and the set reflected this...but it's not that.

Promoters might even wave riot insurance to cash in on the "GNR reunion".

If Axl takes 3 songs he has from CD era and presents them to Slash along with Izzy and Slash's material they'd have a record in no time. Izzy says it takes them 2 weeks.

It has come to the point where Slash, Izzy and Duff are the new guys. The majority of the songs they play are older Guns stuff so why not take those guys and the money?

Like people say if Axl had put out another record and was doing a new one with Ron and Dj and the set reflected this...but it's not that.

If Axl takes 3 songs he has from CD era and presents them to Slash along with Izzy and Slash's material they'd have a record in no time. Izzy says it takes them 2 weeks.

It takes Izzy, Duff, and Slash 2 weeks. Not Axl. CD ll is done for how many years now? How many Chinese era songs should be released before he has realized his vision? I'd guess more than 3.

Edited by Rovim

It takes Izzy, Duff, and Slash 2 weeks. Not Axl. CD ll is done for how many years now? How many Chinese era songs should be released before he has realized his vision? I'd guess more than 3.

So you think it's more a case of Slash finisging Conspirators album and tour. Axl finishing the CD era. And then possibly a reunion tour.

Slash seems lke he said theres nothing special planned for 30th Anni of AFD. Thats next year?

I know he maybe covering but it doesnt at all sound like that. You know when he talks about GNR its not like oh yeah next year it's reunion o clock.

So you think it's more a case of Slash finisging Conspirators album and tour. Axl finishing the CD era. And then possibly a reunion tour.

Slash seems lke he said theres nothing special planned for 30th Anni of AFD. Thats next year?

I know he maybe covering but it doesnt at all sound like that. You know when he talks about GNR its not like oh yeah next year it's reunion o clock.

I think Axl has closed a chapter with the release and tour of Chinese 1.

The next phase will be to release CD ll imo. I think Axl will want to tour again before he's 60.

Slash is gonna release and support Con lll live. No question about that.

Axl doesn't need Slash or Duff to realize his musical vision, and see it's completion. Live as well.

But a reunion can happen in 2020 after Axl worked with Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Fortus. Using material from Duff, Slash, and Izzy with what's left in the vault. In any case, it won't be from scratch imo or worth a shit if it's just a live nostalgia reunion.

Btw, it didn't take long for Bumble to add his parts for Chinese. Slash and/or Duff can do the same when Slash is done touring Con lll.

Edited by Rovim

Rovim, why so delusional ? Nugnr is over, it has run its course. The release of CD2 would be another failure.

Reunion will happen way before 2020...

CD ll is done according to Axl. I think he'll release it no matter what. Slash is busy with Con lll for now.

Axl can release CD ll without supporting it live, or release and support it live with more hired hands. I'm just being realistic. We don't even know if Slash and Axl have met in person since 1996.

Edited by Rovim

So he want em Benjamins in his pocket! Skid Row did open for em during the UYI tour, I remember em opening alot of songs by saying "one, two, fuck you" and I thought that was a bit juvenile. And I was 10. But I guess I was too young for their target audience, it was probably more aimed for 18 to life.

• Like 1

The point is there is still stuff these guys have to do. Slash makes a record so he can tour. So i could see him doing that.

Axl is in deep with CD II.

A reunion is whole nother thing. And they so coy! Yes, no, maybe, go fuck yourselfs!

My guess, or the only rational position, is nothing has change much.

But as time wares on doing a Not in this Lifetime reunion record kind of reaches event horizon.

The promoters dont care they ready now. Ready to take yo dollars for horrific nostalgia goat fuck.

I don't see the point in them pretending unless it does happen. To disappoint so many people is no way to go out. Maybe it's just to keep their standing but I doubt it. Eventually fate will come for them. All roads lead to reunion.

But first, CD II.

I'd rather take ChiDem2, then the band can do their reunion tour about a year after the album's released to let it sink in for a little while; then retirement can happen, and maybe a new Velvet Revolver can be put together with the remnants (in a perfect world of course)

They could make an awesome boxset with it, with the new album plus the remixed CD1, another disc or two for the demos, another disc for the re-recorded Appetite album, and the CD1 remix album

Ready to take yo dollars for horrific nostalgia goat fuck.

Come on now. Don't you trust Axl? he is a man of musical integrity. An artist with a vision. I'm afraid I'm not being sarcastic here.

What I'm saying is right now they might not be ready, but the promoters will take it even if it's all wrong. I trust them not to fuck it up. They don't seem like they are falling over themselves to cash in. So they do CD II and Conspirators III, then Izzy's songs become the new GNR album for 2020. Rock in Rio 2021 kicks off the reunion tour.
  • Like 1

Axl goes silent while tinkering. Plotting to incorporate Slash and Duff somehow and still keep his dignity maybe, but in any case, I think he'll release CD ll first.

We can't lose. If it happens in 2020, it's still a win.

Edited by Rovim