There Was a Time w/ out Orchestra

Piano bits, some guitar bits, and Pitmans subbass godliness were recrated in Garage Band. It ends about halfway through the 2nd solo because the piano on the actual song was doing the same "riff" till the end. Basically just a show case for the piano bits that are buried in the mix.

Verses sound emptier because I didn't do Paul Huge's (?) rhythm bits

w/ vocals. Chorus is messed with to avoid soundcloud copyright protection detection.

w/ out vocals

Thoughts? Still Epic? Who cares, reunion 4ever?

Edited by Mendez

I recreated the piano bits and some guitar bits in Garage Band. It ends about halfway through the 2nd solo because the piano was doing the same "riff" till the end.

Verses sound emptier because I didn't do Paul Huge's (?) rhythm bits

w/ vocals. Chorus is messed with to avoid soundcloud copyright protection

w/ out vocals

Thoughts? Still Epic? Who cares, reunion 4ever?

Not sure if you're right about that copyright thing. You're still using copyrighted material even if you remix it differently, meaning you are still illegally using the music unauthorised and could be asked to remove it.

I prefer it with the synths and strings. I think it's one of the better examples of the synths/strings actually working within a song on that album. Would much rather hear a version of CITR without all the piano shredding, and probably a mix a little closer to the early 00s leak (space in the mix).

Not sure if you're right about that copyright thing. You're still using copyrighted material even if you remix it differently, meaning you are still illegally using the music unauthorised and could be asked to remove it.

What i meant to say is to avoid copyright protection detection. I know that its still copyrighted

What i meant to say is to avoid copyright protection detection. I know that its still copyrighted

Ah, I see! well I haven't eve looked into soundclouds copyright protection rules and regs so I'll take you at your word!

IIRC there was a leak a long time ago--I want to say around 2005-2007--of two versions of There Was a Time: one with vocals and one without. This was before the orchestra and choir was added. This is a very similar recording and a good one at that.

IIRC there was a leak a long time ago--I want to say around 2005-2007--of two versions of There Was a Time: one with vocals and one without. This was before the orchestra and choir was added. This is a very similar recording and a good one at that.

If this is true, i need this leak. The ones I have all have orchestra, including the instrumental leak. But the orchestra was present on the '1999' version. So it had to be already added by then

Edited by Mendez

If this is true, i need this leak. The ones I have all have orchestra, including the instrumental leak. But the orchestra was present on the '1999' version. So it had to be already added by then

I'm probably misremembering it then; I think Chinese Democracy just added the choral arrangement at the beginning and more strings throughout. It's been a long time.

My copy of the instrumental leak - dated 3/14/2006 and 9.22 MB - has orchestra in the guitar solo parts but not over the verses like in the final version. If this is the same one you're referring to, would be cool to hear this with the multitrack vocals over top. The corresponding demo (with vocals) seems to be significantly lower quality than the instrumental. I tried building this myself but don't have much audio editing expertise, having a difficult time getting everything to line up right.

My copy of the instrumental leak - dated 3/14/2006 and 9.22 MB - has orchestra in the guitar solo parts but not over the verses like in the final version. If this is the same one you're referring to, would be cool to hear this with the multitrack vocals over top. The corresponding demo (with vocals) seems to be significantly lower quality than the instrumental. I tried building this myself but don't have much audio editing expertise, having a difficult time getting everything to line up right.

would you mind PMing me the instrumental? I need to hear this. Ill try splicing in the vocals