Scott Weiland says GNR will reunite

Scott said it. It must be true.

Can he tie his own shoelaces yet?

Love Scott but really.. he's this desperate for any publicity?

He is desperate of publicity because he answered a question in an interview?

No because he has absolutely no insight into what is going on. So why not just say that?

Scott said it. It must be true.

Can he tie his own shoelaces yet?

Love Scott but really.. he's this desperate for any publicity?

This desperate? At least Scott was in a band with Slash, Duff and Matt for years. Unlike the people like the dude from slipknot or eagles of death metal or fred durst who barely have a connection to anything GNR related.

Scott may well have been "in" a band but due to the accounts of many he was largely absent. Never around and even travelled on a different tourbus from the other guys.

Sounds like Axl ha.

Agreed. No one but Axl, Slash, and Duff know what's going on and none of them will say a word about it til the official announcement comes.

That is exactly it right there. If anything were going on those three would be the ones who knew, and I doubt sincerely that they would be sharing that information with Scott Weiland.

I mean, Scott's account of Perla seems entirely consistent with everything else written or discussed about her. I doubt it's any coincidence Axl and Slash patched things up after Slash and Perla separated. It's been fairly well documented how much of a pull Perla had on his career (once being his manager if I recall). Sure this isn't rolling stone, but what Scott is saying is entirely plausible and consistent with past and present knowledge.

. I think mostly everyone on here just doesn't want a reunion though it's entirely atleast plausible. Doesn't meam it is likely or will happen at all. But people are just against it for their own reasons and carry that towards their disbelief. However, look at the two statements on the new VR album that was nixed by Slashs wife and the other statement on GnR reunion. Both are spoken matter of factly, whether one wants to believe them or not. however, only one gets the credit for being true while the other gets rejection because people are bringing their opinions into it. But I'm sure we all know more than a man who is a close friend, former band member, and professional inside the industry person as Scott Weiland. Hell let's make jokes about his sober ness to really attempt to discredit the above aforementioned qualities........... Edited by Ides Of March

http://stonetemplepilots.com/stone-temple-pilots-and-chester-bennington-amicably-part-ways/

Weiland broke the news about Chester leaving STP and while that is nowhere near the level of a hypothetical GnR reunion it also shows he is still heavily connected in the Industry and despite all the kids making drug jokes,he would know about GnR plans well before any random GnR message board fan.

The difference perhaps is that STP was a band that Weiland actually was in. It makes sense that he had some inside gossip there. GnR is an entirely different animal.

Right. After being in a band for a half decade with Slash,Duff and Matt, Scott couldn't possibly still have some mutual connection to them that we as fans would have no clue about.

• Like 1

The difference perhaps is that STP was a band that Weiland actually was in. It makes sense that he had some inside gossip there. GnR is an entirely different animal.

Right. After being in a band for a half decade with Slash,Duff and Matt, Scott couldn't possibly still have some mutual connection to them that we as fans would have no clue about.
well that is a good point. I'm just not sold on him still really speaking to any of the parties in gnr are involved (I.e. I don't know if he goes bowling with duff every Saturday). I will agree he probably has a better insight than a "15 year old fanboy who never saw the original band" but that's kind of a hollow argument made for the sake of needing to argue.

Weiland is and always will be stp so he probably would know more about them than anything gnr related, but as you've said, who knows?! People don't always reveal sources.. IMHO this interview was more of a gut feeling from weiland based on conversations from the past with these people. I doubt he really knows if anything is concrete and id be willing to bet based on the legal ramifications of making this thing happen that the reunion isn't signed on the dotted line just yet..

Agreed. No one but Axl, Slash, and Duff know what's going on and none of them will say a word about it til the official announcement comes.

id bet Izzy knows too. You know you'll never get an interview or an answer out of him lol so.. And yeah I do think he'd be a part of it since he's said behind the scenes he'd do it. He'd be an idiot not to regardless of his psycho drug induced lifetime paranoia with not doing big concerts and venues over not being able to mentally handle "the big scene" or whatever the hell izzys problem was.. Edited by Billsfan

Do you know everything going on with your ex coworkers? Weiland has not really been on great terms with any of those former band mates. Not to mention that Weiland has a reputation for mouthing off to the press...as evidenced here...which is another reason they probably would not have told him anything.

Edited by stella

Do you know everything going on with your ex coworkers? Weiland has not really been on great terms with any of those former band mates. Not to mention that Weiland has a reputation for mouthing off to the press...as evidenced here...which is another reason they probably would not have told him anything.

I didn't say his source was Slash,Matt or Duff directly. If there are negotiations for a reunion then other people would know. Maybe Weiland got his information from a guitar tech,who knows? The point is he is more credible and has more Industry connections after 25 years than any message board fan and to discredit him makes no sense. The same thing with Durst. He wouldn't have had to be tight with Slash,Duff,Matt etc.to have built up many connections during his time as a higher up at Interscope.

Edited by Subtle Signs

I didn't say his source was Slash,Matt or Duff directly. If there are negotiations for a reunion then other people would know. Maybe Weiland got his information from a guitar tech,who knows? The point is he is more credible and has more Industry connections after 25 years than any message board fan and to discredit him makes no sense. The same thing with Durst. He wouldn't have had to be tight with Slash,Duff,Matt etc.to have built up many connections during his time as a higher up at Interscope.
You are assuming that message board posters do not have their own connections, knowledge of how the industry works or inside knowledge that would lead them to discredit someone.

If ANYTHING is happening right now, anyone who knows about it or is legitimately working on it has probably been signed to a non-disclosure agreement. It would not be guitar tech chatter. Considering that Axl's former bandmates are all extremely careful about what they say, I am guessing that whatever NDA he has set up is pretty ironclad.

Edited by stella

well that is a good point. I'm just not sold on him still really speaking to any of the parties in gnr are involved (I.e. I don't know if he goes bowling with duff every Saturday). I will agree he probably has a better insight than a "15 year old fanboy who never saw the original band" but that's kind of a hollow argument made for the sake of needing to argue.

Weiland is and always will be stp so he probably would know more about them than anything gnr related, but as you've said, who knows?! People don't always reveal sources.. IMHO this interview was more of a gut feeling from weiland based on conversations from the past with these people. I doubt he really knows if anything is concrete and id be willing to bet based on the legal ramifications of making this thing happen that the reunion isn't signed on the dotted line just yet..

id bet Izzy knows too. You know you'll never get an interview or an answer out of him lol so.. And yeah I do think he'd be a part of it since he's said behind the scenes he'd do it. He'd be an idiot not to regardless of his psycho drug induced lifetime paranoia with not doing big concerts and venues over not being able to mentally handle "the big scene" or whatever the hell izzys problem was..
Some argue that Izzy's "problem" may have been that he just simply could no longer play in an efficient manner for big shows after a while. I remember reading somewhere that during his time on the UYI tour the band would sometimes shut off his amps. Also if you look at the recent videos of him making guest appearances his guitar and vocals are at times barely audible, as tho he just didn't have the energy to really "bring it," if that makes sense

Don't get me wrong, I think Izzy's great and would love to have him back, but only if he were actually capable of doing it

Edited by rocknroll41

id bet Izzy knows too. You know you'll never get an interview or an answer out of him lol so.. And yeah I do think he'd be a part of it since he's said behind the scenes he'd do it. He'd be an idiot not to regardless of his psycho drug induced lifetime paranoia with not doing big concerts and venues over not being able to mentally handle "the big scene" or whatever the hell izzys problem was..
Some argue that Izzy's "problem" may have been that he just simply could no longer play in an efficient manner for big shows after a while. I remember reading somewhere that during his time on the UYI tour the band would sometimes shut off his amps. Also if you look at the recent videos of him making guest appearances his guitar and vocals are at times barely audible, as tho he just didn't have the energy to really "bring it," if that makes sense

Don't get me wrong, I think Izzy's great and would love to have him back, but only if he were actually capable of doing it

I believe he's capable of doing it if he's sober. You're right about the amp story axl told that story live in Albany at the 02 show!!

Izzy is sober and can play. Just saying not wanting to do the tour because they'd play big arenas and it'd be a big deal.. I can't get on board with supporting that. Not at this stage of things. If axl and slash actually do patch up their differences enough to get on stage and do a tour no reason Izzy shouldn't be right with them.

There are rumours in German forums that GnR will play the Rockavaria Festival next year in Munich (Iron Maiden is confirmed until now).

If rumours are true, an announcement will follow in the next two weeks.

Hope it's true, I'd be there!

• Like 1