Pitman confirmed at Coachella

I'm sure Slash is just ready to put this behind him and move on. He is always being asked about guns n roses and now that he is sort of reuniting with Axl the press may be finally ready to stop asking him about GNR all the time.

Also money is nice.

Edited by darknightfan

Hell....before it's all said and done this so called "reunion" may turn out to be nothing more than Slash and Duff doing a one off guest appearance at a NUGNR show...

I think it'll depend on whether Axl and Slash can get along for a decent amount of time. Hopefully Axl is done with the prima donna stuff as I can't see Slash putting up with it, I mean he didn't first time round. Personally I think it'll probably go smoothly I mean by even asking Slash back Axl has realised he couldn't really continue with nuGuns after two guitarists had quit so I imagine he'll be on his best behaviour.

What I meant was...we are likely to end up with more NUGNR members than original members...so rather than being a genuine reunion with a real Guns look, feel, and sound...it will be more like when Izzy or Duff showed up as guests at a NUGNR show. And I get that for a lot of fans (and especially fans of NUGNR) that lineup will be sufficient. But for those of us who were hungry for the real deal, this is turning out to be anti-climactic to say the least. We haven't been waiting 20+ years to see Fortus and Pitman...
Since late 1991 the band has only had 3 originals at most. The UYI tour only had Axl, Slash, and Duff plus others Edited by rydog

I'm sure Slash is just ready to put this behind him and move on. He is always being asked about guns n roses and now that he is sort of reuniting with Axl the press may be finally ready to stop asking him about GNR all the time.

Also money is nice.

Wow, that's cynical. I like it. :lol:

Fuck me. The CD songs literally serve no purpose being played anymore other than protecting Axl's fragile ego because they failed. Ugh, again I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm stoked we get to at least hear Slash and Axl together again. But Pitman now too? Absolute disgrace. Do they really have to botch a reunion because Axl's not done pretending the CD era was anything besides a colossal fuck up? If you're gonna do a reunion, then either go full throttle or fuck off.

This.

I really didn't think anything could disappoint me when we first started to hear rumblings of a possible reunion.... but here it is. Bummer. It's safe to assume this is something that Axl stipulated. I honestly wish Slash and Duff would not have agreed to this bullshit. If it shuts down the reunion then fuck it, no one ever thought it would happen anyway. It's like they think their fans are fuckin clueless. Including any of the nu guys in a show billed as a "regrouping of the iconic line-up" is making this feel more like a parody of a reunion rather than the actual one I was hoping for.

I think its more an Axl-Slash-Duff reunion than a full on GnR reunion. It appears that Slash and Duff have rejoined the band, more or less. If you look at it that way, it kinda makes sense that Chris and some of the other guys are still in the band.

Fuck me. The CD songs literally serve no purpose being played anymore other than protecting Axl's fragile ego because they failed. Ugh, again I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm stoked we get to at least hear Slash and Axl together again. But Pitman now too? Absolute disgrace. Do they really have to botch a reunion because Axl's not done pretending the CD era was anything besides a colossal fuck up? If you're gonna do a reunion, then either go full throttle or fuck off.

This.

I really didn't think anything could disappoint me when we first started to hear rumblings of a possible reunion.... but here it is. Bummer. It's safe to assume this is something that Axl stipulated. I honestly wish Slash and Duff would not have agreed to this bullshit. If it shuts down the reunion then fuck it, no one ever thought it would happen anyway. It's like they think their fans are fuckin clueless. Including any of the nu guys in a show billed as a "regrouping of the iconic line-up" is making this feel more like a parody of a reunion rather than the actual one I was hoping for.

I think its more an Axl-Slash-Duff reunion than a full on GnR reunion. It appears that Slash and Duff have rejoined the band, more or less. If you look at it that way, it kinda makes sense that Chris and some of the other guys are still in the band.

Actually...if you look at it that way...it is not that Slash and Duff "have rejoined the band", but rather that Slash and Duff have actually joined NUGUNs...which means that this is really a continuation of NUGUNs with Slash and Duff replacing a couple of Axl's hired hands. Slash and Duff were never members of NUGUNs so how could they "rejoin" that band? A reunion would consist of getting the AFD or UYI lineups back together.

Actually...if you look at it that way...it is not that Slash and Duff "have rejoined the band", but rather that Slash and Duff have actually joined NUGUNs...which means that this is really a continuation of NUGUNs with Slash and Duff replacing a couple of Axl's hired hands. Slash and Duff were never members of NUGUNs so how could they "rejoin" that band? A reunion would consist of getting the AFD or UYI lineups back together.

This is not an argument worth having..

I'm looking forward to the shows, anyway.

This.

Guys Axl cannot function solo b.c he is only a singer who plays piano on some songs. So it has to be Axl plus some new people who nobody cares about. It's like Axl and friends plus the people with talent who agreed to be together so they can play some awesome fucking songs they made when they were kids.

There is no logic to this. There is only a fucking cool name like GUNS N ROSES with people running the name behind it that don't have a clue what they are doing or care about fans LOL

We are being Trolled

This.

:facepalm::facepalm:

This is your worst post ever

This.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised and disappointed that Slash agreed to this half-assed "reunion"....surely he had enough leverage to say "we either do it right or not at all...if it's not going to be the real deal, then count me out...". There is a sense in which Slash really held all the cards. After all Duff and Axl had already done some shows together. No news there. The real draw that created all the buzz and excitement was Slash coming back to the fold. No Slash, no reunion. So with that much leverage you would think he would have been able to make sure that this was done the right way...

I imagine Slash is just happy to get the payday and I'm also sure the behind the scenes negotiations were very "interesting." there's no doubt in my mind Axl retained more control of the proceedings and Slash was probably just kinda going along with most of it in fear of potentially underpinning it.

According to Adler, Slash doesn't trust him and Duff doesn't like him, so his exclusion isn't surprising. Izzy was never going to be a guarantee. He left the band years ago because he was sick of the attention so unless he was really in need of a pay day - and his lifestyle isn't extravagant so why would he? - I always figured he'd be a wild card.

I think this is what really happens (happened) rationally

People will see Slash, Axl, Duff on the same stage and they are still complaining because "it's not the AFD 5"

2 years ago most of us here thought that it's not gonna happen. EVER.

I tell you what... As long as Adler is a relapsing junkie and Izzy is a recluse i don't think a full blown reunion tour with the original guys ever happen

What you wrote earlier (aka maintain some validity from the NU lineups) is probably Axl's only reason to do this, besides the money, of course :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue

Not being argumentative. Look at it this way...Duff had already performed with NUGUNs as both a guest and as a touring substitute for Stinson in 2014. Now Slash has replaced Ashba. So all we are really getting is the 2014 NUGUNs lineup with Slash instead of Ashba. But the marketing guys are trying to hype this up as a huge reunion event. If the Vegas 2014 lineup - Ashba + Slash floats your boat then that's great...enjoy it just as millions of others will. But let's not try to make it out to be something it's not. NUGUNs is just not my cup of tea and this hybrid does not get me excited. But that's just me...

Honestly, Pittman wouldn't be missed if he wasn't there, and won't be noticed if he is there. So, whatever.

Well he'd better liven his fuckin' ideas up or it's back to humpin' Cypress Hill on remixes and handing his black American Express card back :lol:

Check out our boy Big Baby Jesus at the end...

• Like 1

Not being argumentative. Look at it this way...Duff had already performed with NUGUNs as both a guest and as a touring substitute for Stinson in 2014. Now Slash has replaced Ashba. So all we are really getting is the 2014 NUGUNs lineup with Slash instead of Ashba. But the marketing guys are trying to hype this up as a huge reunion event. If the Vegas 2014 lineup - Ashba + Slash floats your boat then that's great...enjoy it just as millions of others will. But let's not try to make it out to be something it's not. NUGUNs is just not my cup of tea and this hybrid does not get me excited. But that's just me...

Its the "nu guns" vs GnR name argument that is not worth having.. I'm over that argument.

But just some food for thought, there will be as many original GnR members at the next GnR show as there were on the majority of the UYI tour.

But you still complain like a cry baby because it's NUGUNS....

It doesn't matter that the NUGUNS lineups mostly played the Greatest Hits and some of the CD songs....

It doesn't matter that Pitman is as much a degrade as Teddy ZigZag

It doesn't matter that since 1991 november, Guns N' Roses is NuGUNS techincally :lol:

It doesn't matter that people wait for this moment for 20 years minimum.... with or without some "new" guys

For Christ sake, Pitman is in this band for 18 years, 4tus for 14 years and Frank since 10 years....

Axl is clearly a nostalgia act these days, so if you want to do it, then do it with the right people instead of Bumblefuck or DJ Assba...

it's that really hard to grasp?

I've already said that I get why NUGUNs fans will dig this lineup. It's the 2014 lineup with a major improvement at lead guitar. So what's not to like for you guys? Savor the moment. Enjoy the hell out of it.

I'm more of a fan of the old band, that is why i appreciate this forthcoming line up. and i also get over the FACT that this is a nostalgia band

Seems like a lot of you can't get over it. Oh and 4tus is probably the only member from the Nu lineups who is not a complete douche or totally faceless. he is sort of fit the "GNR" image. All of the others weren't and still doesn't

This.

Amen sister.

I was always hoping that if a reunion would happen, it'd be a restablishing of what gnr really was. Not just Slash and Duff joining Axl's shit show. I said it before, but I think at least in the case of Slash, his divorce with Perla having no prenup royally fucked him in terms of leverage. Turning the reunion into something he wanted to make work at some point, into something he needed to happen. And fast. It's a bit depressing, and curb stomps the appeal quite a bit. The fact that the leeches with no experience with something of this magnitude are still fully running shit just ups the joke ante even further. A bit of a shame.

Edited by Bobbo