Pitman confirmed at Coachella

Hey, the guys that you are all clamoring to pay $300-$400 to see stand on a stage together seem to think he's a pretty swell guy....Good enough for me....

Stay home and complain about it on the boards so that the folks who really want a chance to go and enjoy themselves can have a crack at tickets.

Slash doesn't agree with synthesisers, at least as of a 2011 Music Radar interview

Well he'd better liven his fuckin' ideas up or it's back to humpin' Cypress Hill on remixes and handing his black American Express card back :lol:

Jesus is there anyone in this band you won't shit on?! Do you even like GNR or are you just here to stir up shit?

Either way, keep it up.

People are insulting him in the context of his place in GNR! I'm sure Pitman is a nice guy with great stories.

He's also superfluous to the band and potentially detrimental to the songs... why would that be cause of celebration? I'm nice and I have a family but if Axl put me on that stage I wouldn't blame fans for telling me to fuck off :).

This is the reunion. THIS IS IT! 25 or whatever years in the making. There won't be a second one. Can't blame people for being passionate and opinionated. I don't want my musical heroes (and I love em all!) to be the laughing stock of fucking Coachella!

Edited by Ant

We´ve been talking about Sorum, Adler, Izzy... And the irrelevant, useless and worthless Chris Pitman is confirmed :facepalm:

:no:

Hey man, I get you prefer he wouldn't be in the band anymore. But calling him useless and worthless as a person is more than unnecessary. Chill.

What is it that Pitman brings to the table that is so amazing and important? Nothing.

Slash doesn't agree with synthesisers, at least as of a 2011 Music Radar interview

Well he'd better liven his fuckin' ideas up or it's back to humpin' Cypress Hill on remixes and handing his black American Express card back :lol:

Jesus is there anyone in this band you won't shit on?! Do you even like GNR or are you just here to stir up shit?

Either way, keep it up.

I'm just a really easy going fella who sees the funny side of life, no offence is meant to anyones beloved, its not a measure of profound disgust, just a little joke, relax, its just a bunch of people that make music, they're not holy or anything, I'm sure they've got a sense of humour...and if they haven't well that just makes them all the more amusing :D. The phrase 'stirring shit up' is giving me way too much credit, what could some faceless internet yahoos babbling stir up that would be of any consequence to this band?

Do i like GNR? They're alright, in the way one might like a mildly amusing on-going soap opera.

Edited by Len B'stard

What is it that Pitman brings to the table that is so amazing and important? Nothing.

He removes the need for the excess of the UYI tour. Instead of having a saxophone guy, a harmonica guy, doo-wop backup singers and embarrassing backing tapes for songs like November Rain that fall out of sync, skip or play in the wrong key (which has happened to Van Halen multiple times during 'Jump'), we have one dude way off in the corner keeping a low profile. In short, he makes GnR less embarassing. In a band that's always precariously close to being a parody of itself, he is very important.

We´ve been talking about Sorum, Adler, Izzy... And the irrelevant, useless and worthless Chris Pitman is confirmed :facepalm:

:no:

Hey man, I get you prefer he wouldn't be in the band anymore. But calling him useless and worthless as a person is more than unnecessary. Chill.

I don't think he is referring to him in context of the band.. Where he is worthless and useless. Not to mention adds a negative effect to timeless songs.

Is that a keyboard or pedal effect? Sounds awesome

Either way, keep it up.

I'm just a really easy going fella who sees the funny side of life, no offence is meant to anyones beloved, its not a measure of profound disgust, just a little joke, relax, its just a bunch of people that make music, they're not holy or anything, I'm sure they've got a sense of humour...and if they haven't well that just makes them all the more amusing :D. The phrase 'stirring shit up' is giving me way too much credit, what could some faceless internet yahoos babbling stir up that would be of any consequence to this band?

Do i like GNR? They're alright, in the way one might like a mildly amusing on-going soap opera.

Almost 13,000 posts. Damn, you must really like the soap opera aspect of it. :lol:

Either way, keep it up.

Almost 13,000 posts. Damn, you must really like the soap opera aspect of it. :lol:

That or i got very little going on in my life :lol: In my defence most of that is in anything goes, if that is at all a defence and not just further either evidence of being a sad cunt :lol:

• Like 2

He removes the need for the excess of the UYI tour. Instead of having a saxophone guy, a harmonica guy, doo-wop backup singers and embarrassing backing tapes for songs like November Rain that fall out of sync, skip or play in the wrong key (which has happened to Van Halen multiple times during 'Jump'), we have one dude way off in the corner keeping a low profile. In short, he makes GnR less embarassing. In a band that's always precariously close to being a parody of itself, he is very important.

Dude.. He plays Synths on Appetite songs loud enough to drown out guitar parts.. Enough said.. They don't need Harmonicas and fucking trumpets anyway... Dizzy can ad any cheesy sound effects they need anyway..

Pitman is by all accounts a very valid member of the crew.

I think he is sort of a link between the technical side of arranging such big gigs and the band itself. He's not the quarterback, but still plays a part.

I'm sure he's a great human and someone you can trust. Therefore I'm glad he gets the gig.

Musically, he's like a third guitarist: Not really needed, but could come in handy when called upon.

I wanna say something to some of you immature ignorant kids on here (not necessarily kids by age):

Chris has a family. Maybe kids. Imagine how proud they must be. Imagine how great this must be for Chris himself.

And here, on the biggest fan site in the world, people propose that we should insult him on Twitter etc?

Fuck you!

I was here almost from the start. Been reading this place every fucking day for 10+ years. No one is a bigger fan of the original Guns than I am.

Why have I been here? Well, to look for signs of new music.

And I guess, always looking out for clues about a possible reunion.

Now we fucking HAVE IT!!! Let's ONLY focus on the positives. We owe it to the band. To ALL the members. To ourselves.

People must stop bullying people from the safe haven behind a nickname. It's ok to have opinions, but it's never ok to insult and bully.

Chris P: I'm glad you're there to help out in every way the guys need your input. Enjoy the ride! If I was even remotely related to you, I'd be a proud man!

To all the bashers:

You're welcome to join me at work and talk to Syrian refugees about the troubles and annoying things in your life.

Happy 2016 everyone!

Get off your high horse. This is a Guns N' Roses fan forum. In the same way Axl made it clear that he doesn't owe us anything, we don't owe him anything either. And that includes blindly supporting his decisions on staffing, new music, wardrobe choice, DJ Ashba or anything for that matter. I take it as a given that anyone posting here is a huge fan of GNR (whatever iteration that may be for them) and I, for one, enjoy the spirited discussion that goes on here. Sure there are a few cupcakes but the Mods do an excellent job of weeding them out immediately. So don't tell me I should be happy that 2016 GNR will have unnecessary synthesizers just because there are Syrian refugees. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. If you want blind positivity and to be put down for not towing the NUGNR party line there is a very specific place you can go for that. But fortunately for us that place is not here.

Having said that I think twitter bashing is a silly idea.

• Like 1

While i understand that the majority here (including myself) doN't like this dude and think he is useless, but who cares? If he does nothing, that's perfectly fine... It's not us whom played his bills* :lol:

All that matters is Slash and Duff and Axl on the same stage, the rest doesn't really matter

*edit: well, it's us but it's not our problem, imho

Edited by Strange Broue

While i understand that the majority here (including myself) doN't like this dude and think he is useless, but who cares? If he does nothing, that's perfectly fine... It's not us whom played his bills* :lol:

All that matters is Slash and Duff and Axl on the same stage, the rest doesn't really matter

That is the whole point. We wish he did nothing.. Instead he is ruing perfectly good songs...

Dude.. He plays Synths on Appetite songs loud enough to drown out guitar parts.. Enough said.. They don't need Harmonicas and fucking trumpets anyway... Dizzy can ad any cheesy sound effects they need anyway..

That is the whole point. We wish he did nothing.. Instead he is ruing perfectly good songs...

Never noticed this. Granted I don't watch live clips from youtube from the last 5 years so I could have missed it. Please post some examples and I might join the cause. If this is as bad as you say. I'll start hating on him as well.

how so? he is inaudible since 2002 on the classic songs... He is only use his sub bass or whatever when CD songs being played

You are really over reacting Pitman, imho

Never noticed this. Granted I don't watch live clips from youtube from the last 5 years so I could have missed it. Please post some examples and I might join the cause. If this is as bad as you say. I'll start hating on him as well.

I don't watch many videos of theirs either but have started since this whole thing happened. One that stuck out was the end of Rocket Queen.

I don't watch many videos of theirs either but have started since this whole thing happened. One that stuck out was the end of Rocket Queen.

That sucks, the end of Rocket Queen is not to be fucked with. Please post some videos in the thread I just made.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/213465-proof-of-nu-members-ruining-classic-gnr-songs/

Seeing Slash play on CD stuff with a drunken Pitman dancing in the background is going to be painful; it would be the ultimate act of subservience. And then there is going to be all these Jarmos, Team Brazil wankers and Del James backstage, people who have devoted a large part of their life insulting the old band.

Slash, Axl called you a cancer. Go and kick him in the bollocks.

I think my worst nighmare is Axl bringing Beta or Jarmo on stage to sing them happy birthday while Duff and Slash are there... That would ruin absolutely everything about GNR for me.